Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Miss Puerto Rico is Miss Universe!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Any thoughts? I thought Miss Japan was going to win though. She's very cute. I was sad when Miss Canada and Miss Bolivia didn't make the top 5. Both very beautiful. And everyone seemed to have flawless skin!! I love Carson from Queer Eye as commentator.
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Miss Puerto Rico doesn't look very healthy, though. Her face is so skinny! And I was thinking that before I heard of her fainting. She would be even prettier with a few more pounds.
Just my opinion.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't that funny with some people, they just look better with a few extra pounds. Though, usually it's the other way around. Laughing

Congrats to her and all the competitors - what an accomplishment to make it to Miss Universe!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I definitely thought Japan was better. Was very disappointed that she did not win!
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I missed the the show but I do watch Project runway which one of the contestants designed Miss USA's gown and would be shown. Wondering if she did wear it.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah Miss USA wore it. One of the criteria for the gown design is that it had to make Miss USA look taller than her 5'5 frame. It really did. That said, the dress is nowhere near as beautiful as some of the other contestants' gowns. It is too puffy at the bottom and makes her tiny frame look disproportionate. Here's the pic of Miss USA's gown---> http://www.beautyaddictmag.com/blog/2006/07/project-runway-review-fit-for-queen.html
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
i really thought japan was gonna win.. shes super cute.. looks like a japanese or korean pop star! are her boobs real? i thought they look like implants
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
i missed it, ill see if it will be shown again on tv.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I thought Miss Japan was so pretty. are her boobs real? now a days, it's really hard to tell. Those beauty queens can't all look perfect, i'm sure many had help from their doctors. There are lots of things that go behind the scenes when it comes to beauty pageants like wearing push up bra's and stuffing your bra so it looks like you have big boobs, and not eating for like a couple weeks before the pagaent (which I do think is the reason for Puerto Rico's faint). I thought Miss Canada was gorgeous, however I dont think Miss Canada can win two years in a row. I would like to see a woman who has a more healthier and fitter body to win, all of them seem so thin that it gives the world the idea that beautiful means skinny. Miss Puerto Rico is too thin, and if they would have chosen somebody with more meat on their bones to take the title of Miss Universe, maybe it can be a step closer to changing the whole notion of thin = beautiful. As for Miss USA's gown, i didnt like it and thought the other finalist gowns were a lot more flattering.
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I thought Miss Japan would win too - What boobs!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Remember Alicia Machado? She was from Venezuela and won Miss Universe in 1995. A few months after her election, she was ordered by Donald Trump to lose weight or he would take her crown away. She had gained about 40 pounds during her reign. Before the Miss Universe contest, her team in Venezuela had put her on a very strict diet, which explains her big weight gain. Anyway, why do the contestants show up under their natural, real weight at the contest? Isn't it a little bit like doping for an athlete at the Olympics?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
beauty pagaents are weird and rigged too
spa_cake
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:16 am      Reply with quote
This thread is pointless without pics. Bad Grin
spa_cake
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:18 am      Reply with quote

Ewww, she looks plasticy. She's gross, imo.

And what's with Trump's hairhat? WTH Bad Grin
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="spa_cake
And what's with Trump's hairhat? WTH Bad Grin[/quote]

A few shades pinker and it would look just like cotton candy Confused
spa_cake
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder why he insists on keeping that style? I know it's marketable to have a trademark look, but why choose something so gross like that? Bad Grin
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
He's looking quite frightening and old lately. What do you think that smirk on his face says? (fill in the blank)
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
lol apparently the Donald's fav miss universe is Jennifer Hawkins from 2004

slash i loved miss Japan! she was so cute AND elegant..if that's even possible! Miss Puerto Rico's dress was great for her figure, but I didn't like her face :P She looked a little un-natural to me
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:23 am      Reply with quote
It is impossible to be so thin and have breasts like these without any help from a surgeon. Her features don't look very feminine to me -- I have always thought that «feminine beauty» meant delicate. She was really no favorite of mine.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
they've all had plastic surgery. That competition is a load of crap- i've seen prettier gals on the STREETS than these ones!!
Natz87
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
nikkilici0us well said !! Laughing
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
nikkilici0us wrote:
they've all had plastic surgery. That competition is a load of crap- i've seen prettier gals on the STREETS than these ones!!

Oh they have? Isn't the purpose of these 'beauty' pagents, and I only put it in parenthesis because I think it's bogus too, to be natural and so forth. Guess I was wrong, I always tell guys, hey I could as good as the girl on tv or on the cover of a magazine if I had a hairdress, nutritionist, stylist, makeup artist, right lighting and not to mention touch up in the pictures Laughing

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |