Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Beyond Belief Clean Pore Nose Peel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
A couple ladies said they were going to buy this after I mentioned it in another thread, so I thought I'd post a little review.

I was at Sally Beauty Supply buying my well water clarifying treatment and I saw this skincare line, Beyond Belief. There was an AHA/BHA range, and this little tube of nose peel caught my eye because my nose is the only bit of skin on my face I don't like so much-- visible pores, tends towards oiliness. The peel was only $5 or something, so I thought why not. Along with lactic and salicylic acid, it also had tea tree oil as an ingredient. This sounded excellent to me.

And I have to say, it is a nice little nose peel! The consistency is sticky and little mealy, but it dries quickly and is easy to peel off. I do it about once a week (the tube says you can do it twice a week, but I'm lazy! Laughing ), and the pores on my nose are not as visible, and those little red creases by the nostrils are not as red. Also, the day after I do it my nose is not as oily.

A nice little product for a nice little price.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review! I actually went on Friday to buy my other items and couldn't remember the name of this so I never found it. I'll have to give it a go another time.

By the way, I bought a few other "new" items from Sally's while I was there to try will hopefully post a review soon. One is a lip line corrector (above lip area) and the other is an antioxidant serum that has a bit of a natural tanning ingredient for a year round "glow". I was intrigued by the second one since I've never used a self tanning product that wasn't DHA.
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:57 am      Reply with quote
violetanne, I too have some 'nose' issues. Even my Obagi does not help some of the pores on my nose. I am going to try the mask today assuming Sally in my area has it. Thank YOU
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
I think I'm one of the people that said they were going to go out and get it...but that afternoon I ended up in the hospital with a wicked kidney infection and just got released from the hospital today. Needless to say, I haven't been to Sallys yet. I do plan to get some this week, and will also post my comments. thanks for the tip!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Chrissie - I hope you're feeling better! Sorry to hear about that. However, it's best to take care of the kidneys before the nose for sure! Very Happy
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
I think I'm one of the people that said they were going to go out and get it...but that afternoon I ended up in the hospital with a wicked kidney infection and just got released from the hospital today. Needless to say, I haven't been to Sallys yet. I do plan to get some this week, and will also post my comments. thanks for the tip!

Ouch! I hope you are feeling better!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the well wishes, yes TAMgirl99 you are right...kidneys before nose.
I did go out and buy some of this from Sallys last week, it was $5.29. Its AWESOME! It comes in a small tube, like a trial tube of toothpaste, but a little goes a long way. The instructions say to apply to a clean, dry nose, and it comes out of the tube white... like cream marshmellows. I put some on my nose and spread it around with my fingers. Since it is white, it is easy to see where you need to apply more, and I made sure to apply the product evenly. The instructions say to let it dry 10-15 minutes, then peel it off from top to bottom.
Its like those Biore strips, but its a liquid. When I peeled it off (its easy to do and comes off in one big nose mask), I could see...how to say this nicely...ummm...a pore forest. It does pull the blackheads from their pores (just like Biore). I made sure to use my witch hazel afterwards. The instructions say this can be used twice a week....but I'm gonna use it every other day...the results are just too good to use twice a week! Bottom line, this product is a MUST-HAVE!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad you had success with the nose peel, Chrissie! I need to do mine more often, as it really does help control the crazy skin on my nose.

I like to add that while this product essentially does the same thing as the Biore nose strips, it is in no way as abrasive. Those things are just plain torture!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:53 am      Reply with quote
All right, so I let this languish in my cupboard for a while. Not that it wasn't effective, just that I forgot I had it-- don't you hate it when you do that?

But, I have a wonderful new use for it! As an acne mark fading peel! Recently I had some cystic, probably hormonal, blemishes on my chin. Three of them, and they all left ugly bruise-like marks. I put this stuff on my chin, and just after one use, the marks look improved. Not gone, but lighter.

I will no longer neglect my nose-chin peel. Very Happy
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
OMG Violeteanne you just reminded me, I have TWO tubes of it (had to get a 2nd in case I ran out), and totally forgot about it.
Thanks for the hint - I'll give it a try one one stubborn fading spot that seems to be taking months to disappear Very Happy
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for mentioning this other use for it, violetanne . I used it once, didn't love the texture or smell of it and have left it sitting in the drawer. But the possibility of using it to fade old acne marks intrigues me. Too bad that I have some "peach fuzz" facial hair and it may not be fun when I peel off the product. Shock
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. It's always cool to find something reasonably priced.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
Thanks for mentioning this other use for it, violetanne . I used it once, didn't love the texture or smell of it and have left it sitting in the drawer. But the possibility of using it to fade old acne marks intrigues me. Too bad that I have some "peach fuzz" facial hair and it may not be fun when I peel off the product. Shock

It did hurt quite a bit when I used it on my chin the first time. After that, it didn't hurt so much. I either pulled all the fuzz off, or adapted to the pain!!

I'm going to try to use this three times a week for a few weeks in a row-- I really want these marks gone, so I hope I continue to see improvement.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Acne mark fading *and* hair removal! It's now a tri-purpose product. Laughing
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:14 am      Reply with quote
This stuff is great.
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I am so excited to try this. I am planning on trying it on my chin as well.

I don't live near a Sally but luckily one of the stores I called was willing to send it to me.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |