Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MD Skincare All in One Tinted Moisturizer Sunscreen - RAVE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I've been eyeing this tinted moisturizer with great curiousity for several months, as the makeup look that really seems to work best for me is a tinted moisturizer with MMU over the top to kinda fill in the spots that need extra coverage. I've been through SO many different tinted moisturizers, Perricone, Duwop, Cosmedicine, Murad, Neutrogena, Almay, Caudalie, Smashbox...the list goes on. They have all either caused breakouts, been too sheer, been too slippery for my oily skin or streaked halfway through the day. I got a sample of the medium shade of MD's at Nordstrom's last week and I have to say, this stuff is AMAZING! It is very highly pigmented, so the amount you use to cover your ENTIRE face is like the size of a corn kernel. The texture is SO light, it literally disappears into your skin. I've been layering it over Caudalie's Vinopure Matte Finish Liquid and I haven't even put powder on my face today yet. It's now noontime and allthough I look " glowy " my forehead hasn't reverted to mirror glass shiny. Now, the BEST part about this tinted moisturizer, is it has not caused ANY skin irritation whatsoever. If anything, my skin looks even better when I take it off. My skin is the type where if I put something on it that it doesn't like, I will literally have whiteheads within hours. Yeek! The first ingredient in this tint is Witch Hazel, and it also contains Castor Oil so there's at least 2 skin friendly ingredients that seem to be working well to reduce irritation. It also boasts Vitamin E and C and claims to self adjust the moisture balance of the skin. I am definitely going to be buying a full size of this product from how much I love the samples. Also, I am amazed with how well it stays put. It absorbs so well that it becomes a part of your skin and doesn't " slip off " halfway through the day. LOVE LOVE IT!
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I loved it too - till it started to ball up on me under my Amino Genesis Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
What type of Amino Genesis product were you layering over the top of the MD tint?
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

What is the sunscreen chemical in this product, and what is the protection factor?

I am looking for a highly pigmented tinted sunscreen to mix with another sunscreen I own (high PPD, but contains avobenzene). Thanks...
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm honestly not sure what the sunscreen chemical is - here is the full ingredient list from the product. The SPF is 15.

WITCH HAZEL, PURIFIED WATER, SODIUM LAUROAMPHOACETATE, SODIUM TRIDECETH SULFATE, POLYSORBATE 20, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PEG-40 CASTOR OIL, COCOCAPRYLATE/CAPRATE, GLYCERIN, EMULSIFYING WAX NF, POTASSIUM COCOYL HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN, DECYL POLYGLUCOSE.AMMONIUM LAURETH SULFATE, AMMONIUM LAURYL SULFATE, DEACETYL PHOSPHATE, EMU OIL, CARBOMER, PEG-120 METHYL GLUCOSE DIOLEATE, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE,METHYLPARABEN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (VITAMIN E ACETATE), BUTYLENE GLYCOL (AND) MATRICARIA OIL, PROPYLPARABEN, FD&C BLUE NO. 1
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi makeupfiend its the photolagen Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
It feels light on skin and has very natural color. Love it.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that it is certainly one of the most elegant TMs I've ever used, and the colors are quite flattering. Not sure about the sun protection factor, though, or its stability...
I use it at night as a TM--it really does leave a gorgeous finish on the skin, if a BIT oily. A very light wash of translucent powder does the trick!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I also agree that this is a very nice TM. I think that it has a fairly light texture and (compared to most) doesn't feel too oily. Sheer to medium coverage, but more on the sheer side.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I'm looking for a light tinted sunscreen for oily skin.As your review,I wanna to try it.
Almost sunscreen are very rich to me to use in summer.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I have not seen this product sold in my area but I have read great things about this one.

I enjoyed reading your review and I am glad that it does work and gives a natural look. Smile
maliktai
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
I was so glad to see a review of this product. I have been researching tinted moisturizers and appreciate all the information I can get. I have dark skin - MAC NW45 - and most tinted moisturizers, even if they are dark, are either not dark enough or have a pinkish tone. From what I have learned, this moisturizer and Bobbi Brown's are both suitable for dark skin. I just got a sample of this one today and am looking forward to seeing how it works. Thanks again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:32 am      Reply with quote
I've been eyeing this product also, but can't seem to decide what shade to go for. I'm about MAC NC25 and Bobbi Brown in Sand/Warm Sand. Does anyone know what shade would suit my skin tone?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm about the same skintone as you and use the Light/Medium shade.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
marla wrote:
I'm about the same skintone as you and use the Light/Medium shade.

marla,

Thanks! I wasn't sure about the color swatches on EDS, so I checked them out on MD Skincare official website and Sephora. They all seem so different. On Sephora, even the lightest one is sooooooooo dark. Anyway, do you wear a seperate sunscreen with the tinted moisturizer? If so, do you put it on before or after the tinted moisturizer?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
The only time I wear this particular TM is during the week (I work in an office and, unfortunately, don't see the light of day too much). I do not layer with another s/s.

On the weekends I use a product with higher SPF.

Are you near a Sephora? If so, they'll give you a sample.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
marla wrote:
The only time I wear this particular TM is during the week (I work in an office and, unfortunately, don't see the light of day too much). I do not layer with another s/s.

On the weekends I use a product with higher SPF.

Are you near a Sephora? If so, they'll give you a sample.

No, I'm in Thailand and unfortunately, there's no Sephora here. I was thinking about getting it from EDS. I work at night and sleep during the day, so I don't see much sun myself. Smile Anyway, do you use any moisturizer underneath it? I find that with Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer, I have to as it's not moisturizing enough.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I use the oilfree LM TM and it's PLENTY moisturizing enough for me (as is the MD Skincare).

That said, if the LM is not enough for you, you'll probably find that you'll also need additional moisturizer with the MDSkincare.

HTH

FYI - regarding color selection -- I'm half Japanese, half Caucasian and my coloring is very much like Ann Curry's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Curry

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
marla wrote:
I use the oilfree LM TM and it's PLENTY moisturizing enough for me (as is the MD Skincare).

That said, if the LM is not enough for you, you'll probably find that you'll also need additional moisturizer with the MDSkincare.

HTH

FYI - regarding color selection -- I'm half Japanese, half Caucasian and my coloring is very much like Ann Curry's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Curry

I'm about the same coloring as Ann Curry's, but maybe a bit fairer. I'll try out the tm without additional moisturizer first and see how it goes. Thanks! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:39 am      Reply with quote
I love this tinted moisturizer as well, and the color blends very well.
havana8

Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I notice this product gets raves all over the place. Is everyone still using/liking it? I am thinking of trying it. TIA!
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Now seems I should try the sample I got.
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:27 am      Reply with quote
I am in Australia. This moisturiser is marketed also as True Solutions Tinted Moisturiser. On the side of the bottle it has written - to the MD formula. It's great. Doesn't clog and replaces any need for foundation. SPF 30+ is also a great bonus. I put it on every day after cleansing, toning and moisturising lightly. I ahve a combination skin and there have been no breakouts at all with this.
ai
5% products discount

Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:43 am      Reply with quote
I am also in Australia and I think you are confusing this with MD Formulations. It's true that their tinted moisturised was renamed and is now called True Solutions.

Having said that, I love MD Skincare's tinted moisturiser as it doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts, is lovely and light, and is the only way I can incorporate a sunscreen product into my routine.
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:28 am      Reply with quote
You are right ai, I had a better look at the bottle and it only says "made to MD formula" - then googled and found it is being manufactured to the same formula as the MD formulations moisturiser and sunscreen in Australia under the True Solutions label. It is still a good product anyway.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |