Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Japanese Physical Sunblock ??? Help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sarah Jones
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:21 am      Reply with quote
I have been searching for sun block, I found Japanese products are lighter, but couldn't find any that used 100% physical sunblock either titanium or zinc oxide. I am not keen on chemical sunblock. Is there any light physical sunblock with at least SPF30 protection?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Sofina UV Cut Milk seems to get a lot of raves and I think it's physical. I personally use Clarins UV Plus SPF 40 which uses Titanium Oxide as its active ingredient and claims to have 100% mineral filters. It's SUPER light and fast aborbing, doesn't even cause my acne-prone skin to break out. Non-oily either. I think it would be suitable for all skin types.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Sun Killer has similar texture as Sofina and way cheaper Smile

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:32 am      Reply with quote
joziegrozy - do you know which sunkiller is the physical only? I bought two different ones at the Singapore airport recently and I love the texture! Of course, everything on the bottle is in Japanese so I'm not sure what the actives are... Laughing
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Which do you have?

http://www.sunkiller.com.sg/suncare.htm

I bought mine at SG too and the packaging at the back is English!

Active ingredients are (I got this from http://makeupalley.com/user/notepad/sunscreens#physical) I have that in my favorites folder!!!

Sunkiller Powder-in-Milk spf 50 Pa+++ (PPD 8+); Active ingredients: ZnO, OXY, OMC

Sunkiller Clear Water spf 50 Pa+++ (PPD 8+); Active ingredients: ZnO, OXY, OMC

Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:04 am      Reply with quote
That's the two that I have! Thank you Smile

Don't laugh, but, I do know that the back of packaging was in English. The thing is that I was so excited to have bought these (tiger_tim I think mentioned that I had to try these) that I had to try them on the back of my hand right there and then in Terminal 2 Smile So, I unpacked it and I think the packaging unintentionally went out with the rest of the rubbish on the Sing-Brisbane flight Sad Of course, leaving me with Japanese bottles Rolling Eyes

That's a very handy MUA link! Thank you - bookmarked it Smile

joziegrozy wrote:
Which do you have?

http://www.sunkiller.com.sg/suncare.htm

I bought mine at SG too and the packaging at the back is English!

Active ingredients are (I got this from http://makeupalley.com/user/notepad/sunscreens#physical) I have that in my favorites folder!!!

Sunkiller Powder-in-Milk spf 50 Pa+++ (PPD 8+); Active ingredients: ZnO, OXY, OMC

Sunkiller Clear Water spf 50 Pa+++ (PPD 8+); Active ingredients: ZnO, OXY, OMC
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:12 am      Reply with quote
You're so cute Mabsy... I swear we are like little children excited with new toys all the time Smile I also bought those two coz of Tiger Tim!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, love the sofina! but it is expensive, so is the clarins, which i used a little of at the clarins counter, and that is a nice light sunscreen that is actually available in the states.

My sunkiller clearwater just came (i had to search far and wide for this, why doesn't anyone online sell this????), and i am excited to use it!

i do love japanese sunscreens!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |