Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Amazing Cosmetics vs Jane Iredale
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Eda
5% products discount

Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I could really use some help here.
I have been researching about mineral make up and I have read some really good things about Jane Iredale brand, also about Amazing Cosmetics.
I have very oily skin and very, very large pores, so far I use MAC liquid foundation and clinique translucent powder, but that is not working for me anymore.
I live in Mexico and I will be traveling to Los Angeles CA for two weeks and I would like to get a whole new line of products. I just bought the Obagi skin care system from EDS. The problem that I have with the Jane Iredale products is that I'm afraid to order it online because I don't want to choose the wrong color.
I know that I can get Amazing cosmetics is sephora, so I can try for the right color. Does any body know about a store that carry Jane Iredale products so I can try for the right color? I will really appreciate any help you can provide me...
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Eda, you can go to JI web site and find a location by the city or zip code. Here is the link:
http://janeiredale.com/wheretobuy/wheretobuy.html Wink
Eda
5% products discount

Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, I appreciate your help... So do you like JI better than amazing cosmetics?
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I haven't used JI, but I do currently use Amazing Cosmetics. I really like the finish it gives me. I use the Ultra Light and then the setting powder over top. The only thing I've noticed is that I think it turns slightly yellow on me throughout the day (but not enough to be noticeable to probably anyone but me).

I have an order into Everyday Minerals as well to try their products out, but so far for me Amazing Cosmetics is working pretty well.
Eda
5% products discount

Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Thank you I will take that into consideration, I think I will go for the Amazing Cosmetics, they are cheaper than Jane Iredale, I was just wondering if the price difference was worth it...
ravenair
5% products discount

Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Eda,

I would go with Jane Iredale. I've tried both and I like Jane better. The ingredients are a lot better for you and it's totally worth the price difference. You might want to check out a place on line called kathlina. I checked it out last week and it looks pretty cool. Their products are high-quality organic stuff and they also sell Jane Iredale makeup. Good luck.
sunshynebug
5% products discount

Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Hey Ladies

I was just reading ya'lls posts and i tought i would let you know that i have tried alot of mineral makeups out there and i came across EVERYDAY MINERALS, let me tell you that this foundation is awesome very silky and goes on sooo smooth. and the best thing is they send you FREE samples of three foundations blush and someother stuff and all you pay is shipping which cost me $5.27 well worth the money and they are much cheaper then the other brand BE, JI so try it you will not regret it
Smile
Eda
5% products discount

Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for beeing so helpful, here in Mexico even high end department stores only carry brands like Lancome, Chanel, Estee Lauder etc. nothing mineral.
I'm 34 and I want to go easy on my skin and I also want a more natural look. I'm willing to spend some more if the line is worth it.
I also will do some research on Every day minerals, the free samples ideas is great, tnaks a lot
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:36 am      Reply with quote
ravenair wrote:
Eda,

I would go with Jane Iredale. I've tried both and I like Jane better. The ingredients are a lot better for you and it's totally worth the price difference. You might want to check out a place on line called kathlina. I checked it out last week and it looks pretty cool. Their products are high-quality organic stuff and they also sell Jane Iredale makeup. Good luck.

I agree. Amazing Cosmetics is full of mineral oil, which some say cause breakouts. I love Jane Iredale.
Eda
5% products discount

Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Does any body think that woul be to risky to buy the JI foundation and liquid minerals just by the color in my computer screen? I'm guessing I'm a natural satin... So far I have been using Studio fix by MAC and I use NC30... I am ready to place my order for the whole line...
ravenair
5% products discount

Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Eda,

Since mineral makeup is so different from conventional makeup, you'll need to match your foundation to your skin exactly to get the best result. If I were you, I would try to find a local dermatologist office or spa that carries Jane Iredale and request a free consultation. You don't have to buy anything if you tell them that you checking out the makeup for a day before deciding. This way, you'll know exactly which color foundation is appropriate for you skin tone before you go online to make your purchase. That's exactly what I did and I am very happy with my decision. Good luck.

5% products discount

Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
That sound like a great ideas... Thank you ravenair.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I once bought some liquid Jane Iredale makeup on the net just guessing at the color (via how it looked on my screen) and I wasted my money. It was WAY too light for me...
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered samples of JI colors -- very generous samples -- online [had to edit the website out due to being a new member, but pls contact me if you are interested in the site]. I can't just try a color once in a spa or makeup counter. I have to apply it several times over different days, see it in different light, etc. So samples were the best way for me to do that. While I sunk money into about 6-8 colors that ultimately are not the best matches for me, in a pinch, I could make do with them so I will use them up eventually or on a day that I want to play with the colors again.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |