Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
What type of Shower Gels do you use?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin as a shower gel (and the my face). The price is good($17) but I go through it quickly. Is that a reasonable amount to spend on a shower gel?

Are you willing to pay more for an expensive shower gel?

What do you use?
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Druide Shower Gels for the past year or so. Great price and absolutely love them. My favourites are the Goat's Milk and Almond and the Energizing one which is citrusy. I also like Primavera Shower Gels too. I'm always on the lookout for new ones though. I'd really like to try John Master's Blood Orange and Vanilla Shower Gel sometime as it sounds absolutely divine, but it's a little pricey so will have to wait for a time when I feel like treating myeslf.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I use Olay, Dove and Alba bodywashes.
kpage828
5% products discount

Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I like to use Jasons Natural satin shower gel, it's 30oz for about $12 but only use it as a body wash. They contain no SLS and have lots of natural ingredients. I use the glycerin and rosewater, which is moisturizing, but there is a tea tree version which might be better for oily skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using REN Neroli oil and Grapefruit shower gel recently, but before I was using Neutrogena Clear Body Wash.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I use Philosophy shower gels. They range in price from $16 a bottle to $22 for their signature scents. I don't mind paying that much as one bottle is 16oz and last me around three months. I usually buy two at a time. They're moisturizing and never leave my skin tight or flaky and the scents are so fun! I'm nearly out of mint chocolate chip ice cream and nearing the end of blackberry.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer unscented and non-moisterzing because I rather use my body lotion to moisterize. Also, I find moisterizing shower gel feels like there is a residue left on my skin.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I also use the Jason Satin Body Washes. They are wonderful--- SLS-free, cruelty-free, and they last forever. My fave is tea tree.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I personally don't like shower gel. I use glycerin soaps and they are dirty cheap when bath&body work has the semi-annual sale Laughing
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
I love Garden Botanika shower gels. They work lovely on my dry skin and they smell divine. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
I use Shotkubushu as this is the only one I can use, others tend to irritate my skin.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:41 am      Reply with quote
I like Neal's Yard Shower gels, I am hoping to try Burt's Bees Citrus & Ginger Root too.
I do though prefer soap, I just think it's quicker and generally a lot more inexpensive...scent is always a big winner with me, if it smells good I just have to have it Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:08 am      Reply with quote
So far, I've really loved Aromatherapy Associate's Rose Renew, REN's Rose Otto, Danielle Ryman's and Liz Earle's shower gels. Neal's Yard Bath stuff - especially the Seaweed & Arnica and Aromatic onese are wonderful.

For me, I like them to be gentle, non-drying and, above all, to smell absolutely gorgeous.

And I'm waiting for wildflower to give me her verdict when she tries the John Master's one! Very Happy
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Body Shop Olive Bath & Shower Gel

It's okay. There's olive oil in it, so my skin doesn't feel that dry coming out of the shower. I've used Olay, Dove, Johnson's and have always needed to moisturize. Now, it's still good to slap on some lotion, but not a necessity.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Right now I'm using Giovanni's Cucumber Song Organic body wash. My other wash's have been delegated to the cupboard for now. I'm really loving this one! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Dr. Bronners Lavender....its Fab and last forever! And its all natural. You can find it at whole foods.
tisa
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Liquid African Black Soap
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
I use Olay for very dry skin - nice smell to it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I use glycolic/lactic acid body wash from makeupartistschoice. It's 20 dollars for a bottle that lasts me about a month. It seems that my skin is not as dull as it used to be. It has a nice citrus smell and lathers very well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Always my Dove soap bar..smells wonderful and clean well
glee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Aveeno is actually also very good. And Dermalogica makes a pretty good shower gel too. It might look expensive but the bottle lasts forever.
Verdigris
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Anything without SLS. Right now I'm using Natural Instincts (it's an Australian brand) but the scent of lavender is putting me off. Not a great fan of Lavender after I accidentally ate some. Confused
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Some of mine are cheap, and some are more expensive. I like variety, so right now I have about five opened. I like Jasons Naturals, Softsoap, and Bath and Body Works for everyday use. In the winter, I almost exclusively use Softsoap as it is gentle, non-drying, and doesn't leave a film or tacky feeling to my skin. I tend to get dry in the winter and react to most shower gels, but not to the Softsoap. I buy the men's version for my DH and son.

Tina
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
i love fa.
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I found a delicious smelling Creme Caramel 3 in 1 Bubble bath, Shampoo, and Body Wash by Lander Essentials at Wal-Mart. It was only 2.49 for a huge 32 ounce bottle. I used it to wash my hair too and I was very pleased with soft nice smelling hair that day.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |