Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
NEED HELP! Any good scar removal cream for leg?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ahmui

Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
okay.. this might sound a bit disgusting =P
there are all these little scars on my leg... because i developed a bad habit of picking out little short hair that is starting to grow out.. and now there are all these scars on my leg!!! i don't knwo what to do now..

i want to be able to wear shorts for this summer!! can someone provide me with suggestion of a good scar removal cream?

Also, the hair on my leg is so coarse now coz i always shave... anyone can provide me with suggestion on how i can solve my problem?

PLEASE HELP.. i need to go to Cuba this summer and i really need to be able to show my legs =P

Thx so much!
Mabsy

Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:35 am      Reply with quote
How old are the scars? I do occasionally pick the odd ingrown hair but the mark heals pretty quickly. Perhaps all you need is some good exfoliation and some AHAs? MD Formulation makes a really nice body scrub that has I think 15% glycolic acid in it. I can highly recommend that.

Alternatively, and cheaper, you could simply use a loofah with an AHA body wash, or try dry body brushing.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:21 am      Reply with quote
I know exactly how you feel.

Currently, I'm trying the suggestion of another forum member who used 40% glycolic acid to fade her leg scars. If you do decide to go down this route, make sure you buy from a reputable seller and a decent product, and follow the instructions carefully. You need to time the solution carefully and not leave it any longer on the skin. It then needs to be neutralised - I use Bicarbonate of Soda. Unfortunately, all this makes the skin sensitive to the sun, so you have to either keep your legs covered or use a good, strong sunblock on them.

Mine have slightly faded after 3 uses.

I had been applying vitamin E oil for a few months, but that hasn't been making much of a difference, to be honest.

Exfoliation, like Mabsy suggested, can also help. Plus, regularly done, this might help to cut down on the number of ingrowing hairs you get.

Actually, I've also just added the MD Formulations Cream to my skincare wishlist. I've read other raves about that on the forum. You might like to give that a try too.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy - Is that MD one the Illuminating Body Creme? Yikes at the price! But, as I'd only be using it on my lower legs, I'll definitely get it if it's as good as everyone says it is.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |