Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Skin Drench Daily Radiance Facial Glow
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I mentioned this product in another thread so here goes. When I was at Sally's the other day to buy Savage Bronze, I noticed this little product next to the tanners:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/4400/705418

Just some basic info on this product. It doesn't use DHA, just some other natural tanning ingredient which I haven't quite narrowed down from the ingredient list (uracil melanin perhaps?). And I know you're wondering about the igredients. Well, sorry everyone but the list is WAY too long for me to type in. It's about 40-50 ingredients and I'm sorry to say that several in the first few items listed I don't recognize, although I'm sure they're preservatives of some sort. Water is #1 though. However, I can tell you some of the antioxidants and more common ingredients that are listed:

Extracts of -
Betula Aloe Bark
Fennel Seed
Sunflower seed
Pinus Radiata Bark (which I read was a good antioxidant)
Grape seed
Orange

Tocopherols
Glycosamine
Collagen Amino Acids (whatever those are)
Squalene
Caffeine
Acetyl Hexapeptide
Lactic acid
niacinamide

And all of the parabens are listed as the last few ingredients, which I like.

As you can see, there were lots of good things listed and it's douted as being an "anti-oxidant rich formula". I thought it sounded intriguing and I asked the sales lady if anyone had said if they liked it or not. She said it was too new for feedback just yet. So I figured at $7 I'd give it a whirl. I mean why not since I'm obviously made of money, right? Brick wall

Well, since the first day I started using this (Saturday), my face HAS had this wonderful smooth glow about it, even more than usual. I wouldn't say this product is that great for tanning, since it's very mild color (I tested it out on my tummy first but the color was a nice, but faint, golden brown (not too orange or yellow). The problem is I also added my new vitamin C shower filter around the same time, plus with my somewhat recently new addition of the Jason Vitamin C Max Facial, I don't know if I can contribute this awesome glow to just this product? So, I'd like to offer a challenge to anyone willing to give this a go as well. I figured it was cheap enough that I'd get a taker or two to help me figure out if this product is a winner. All I know is I'm not planning to stop this anytime soon, especially since I want as much "glow" as possible for my cruise!

By the way, in my web search I could only find this at Sally's so I'm sure this will only be readily available for those that have one nearby. Thanks and keep me posted if anyone else tries this!!! Very Happy
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Could you elaborate on the jason c facial? I'm intrigued.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, pooh. I got excited because I thought you had taken a bite and decided to go for my challenge. Laughing

It's called Jason Natural Cosmetic Vit-C Max One-Minute Facial. There is another thread on it here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8883&highlight=jason+max+facial

Happy to help!

No one is interested in trying the facial glow product? It really is very nice and as far as I'm concerned, the more antioxidants the better! Especially when it's this cheap!
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I'll try it. I have a sallys about a half hour away. I'll give it a whirl, though probably won't get it till tomorrow. I'll post back when I do.
ps. Whats the name of it? I can't get to that webpage.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:39 am      Reply with quote
duuuuhhhh, excuse me for being stupid. I see the name under topic. Laughing
Is it the one that says copper peptides, and sorry if this is stupid, but can I use it with vit. c still? Or am I looking at the completely wrong thing here?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Laughing I think you're looking at the wrong thing. Would the link not open? Here is the description from the website, but the Sally's site is best to see a pic of it:

Skin Drench Daily Radiance Facial Self Tanner Serum
By: American International

Sally Item #: 705418

Size: 1 oz

For that sun glow all year long with the benefits of anti-aging Collagen Amino Acids, Vitamins and Copperpeptides to keep skin hydrated and protected.

Natural tanning acceleerator PLUS skin protectant
Anti-oxidant, anti-free radical
Natural skin tan pigment
Vitamin enriched

Usage Tips
Use daily, can be used with or without makeup. Helps makeup go on smoothly and stay on longer without an oily feel.

I didn't even realize it had copper peptides! I think they're probably minimal though since there are SO many ingredients.

You can also go to their home page and type in the description on the right and it should pull the product up. I just wish it listed the ingredients!

http://www.sallybeauty.com/default.asp

Thanks for trying it! I have to say that so far I'm still loving this and I can't wait to see if you have the same "glow" results that I do. It definitely adds a bit of color, although using it daily I have yet to see any streaks or stop lines (since I don't use it below my neck). It also says to avoid the hairline and eyebrow area, but I haven't had any problems there, and I usually do with DHA. This just gives my face a hint of color so that I'm not so ghostly pale!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I forgot to answer your question about the vitamin c. Since these have to be used separately, you could try this at night and your vit. c in the morning or vice versa. Now that I know it has copper peptides, I will probably do the same thing.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I got it yesterday and used it last night. Don't really see much difference yet but I like the texture alot, its sort of like the photolagen. I like the serumy water stuff that sinks right in. I'll use it again tonight, should see something then.
p.s I also put it on the back of my hands so I could back up whatever if anything it does to my face. Laughing
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
This definately gives a hint of color. I have been applying it to my hands as well as my face and they both have color. I didn't use it last night because thought it was enough. Like any self tanner though, be careful. On my left hand their is a tiny bit of "stain" on the side, pinky finger side of my hand. Not really noticable, unless your looking for it, but you can see where I didn't blend. oops. Other than that I like this stuff. It tremendously easy to use, and it does have a nice texture as I said before. Worth the seven bucks. I've wasted more money on less worthy things.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Razinkane! I'm glad you like it. I have found that it has started to turn the skin under my eyebrows a bit yellow if I use too much, but I do like the color it gives elsewhere. Now that I'm back from my trip and using AHA/BHA/retinol again, I don't know if it will leave any color at all on me. I may have to use something a bit stronger like Savage Bronze for that. Otherwise I do like this for the antioxidant part. And I agree, I've wasted a lot more than $7 on many other less effective products. So much more I'm ashamed to even mention them! Embarassed Laughing
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
So you can't use this with a vit c serum? A bit dense and don't know why the two serums couldn't be used simultaneously.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |