Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
primer instead of moisturizer?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:44 am      Reply with quote
i was wondering if you could use primer instead of moisturizer... or is that a bad idea?
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
In my experience, if you have any dry skin on your face and you try to smooth a primer over it without moisturizing, the primer snags on the dry areas and makeup won't apply evenly.
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
i use Laura Mercier's primer which is quite moisturizing and in the summer days i don't need a moisturizer underneath it.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
does the laura mercier primer make you break out at all? i was thinking about using the same one..... i have combo skin that breaks out easily
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
no breakout
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I use Laura Mercier primer and it sets your make up great but I do use a moisturizer under the primer maybe the young skins don't need to but there is no problem with break outs its lovely
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Why wouldn't one use a moisturizer in the summer? Is it that in the winter, the heating causes skin to dry? Apologies if this is a silly question. 00-CAT
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'm one who did experience breakouts with Laura Mercier's primer but I'd definitely recommend trying it, because it was a great product otherwise. Kept the makeup looking very fresh all day and cut down on the shine factor pretty well.
xxophelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier has came out with a oil free based primer so maybe that would help with the breakout?
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
OOo I may have to get a sample of that next time I'm at Nordstrom's. Thanks for the heads up!
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the replys!
ssran
5% products discount

Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Ijust purchased the Ultimae Spa- Exfoliating Mud Mask with Dead Sea minerals. Has anyone tried this product and found positive results. Your feedback is always appreciated.
Sandra
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:58 am      Reply with quote
hmm primers are great, but you still need to wear mosturizer! because even if your skin is oily in the summer, it might still be dehydrated. and a good mosturizer ( I use dove essentials Very Happy) has tons of antioxidents and vitamins and herbs that is good for your skin, which a primer cannot replace! i use primers only for important occasions when skin MUST look perfect hehe but always put on mosturizer in morning and night!
bella77
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:27 am      Reply with quote
am thinking of getting the joey new york primer? how does it compare to LM?
bella77
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:29 am      Reply with quote
to clarify...i really need something that matifys and smoothes but also makes pores smaller.

would LM do that? am confused what to get now... must read some more posts to see old threads on primer!!
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Peter Thomas Roth has an amazing mattifier gel Smile
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Just a tip related to Peter Thomas Roth's mattifying gel. I find it actually works better OVER makeup, at least if you use mineral makeup. The gel doesn't really absorb into your skin, so if I try to apply my MMU over the top of the gel, my kubuki brush will " buff " it away and I don't see the effects. Instead, I'll pat a little bit onto my nose and tzone after I apply my mineral makeup to minimize the pores. I actually got a sample from Sephora and it's lasted so long since I only dab it on small spots that need it, but I've definitely been thinking I can't live without it once my sample is gone.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |