Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
backpack for running
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'm looking for a lightweight comfortable and spacious (for beauty products or shopping..) backpack that I could wear whilst running. Any favs?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the North Face backpacks, although I'm not sure about running with them. They are made for sports (typically hiking), but I assume you could easily run with them. I just love them because they are extremely roomy and SO durable. I've had mine for about 8 years and I use it at least once a week and it's still going strong. I have the Miwok model.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'd suggest a Camelbak. They have a great variety of sizes and fits plus they come with a built in hydration pack which is great for running, hiking, biking etc. Some can be pricey but well worth the money as they are expertly engineered for superior comfort and durability. I've had my eye on a couple of different models for a while now and am just waiting for some extra cash before I take the plunge and buy one for myself.

http://www.camelbak.com/index.cfm
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I went to EMS yesterday and they have some pretty good hydration packs. They are cheaper than a camelpack and roomier. I'm keeping an eye on this. Will update if I get (and test) it.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
i have to second the camelback. they cost more money but are more than worth it in durability, comfort, and seem to get the least grungy with use.

though i did ruin one (that was already several years old) in 50 mile bike race/ride in mexico when i ran out of water. had a choice between tap (no thank you!) or gatorade. went for the gatorade which is really gross hot and ended up not drinking much. left it with my bike in the back of a truck after the race to bake in the sun while we partied. didn't clean it until two weeks later. i found hard candy and slime and it was just too gross. have never been able to stomach gatorade since.... whatever hydration pack you choose, do rinse out after every use. and save the sports drinks for water bottles.

(BTW, thank you for reminding *me* that i need to pick up a camelback when i'm back in the states. i'm taking my bike back to paris and completely forgot to put this on my must get list. Very Happy )
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I almost mentioned the camelback, but the only one I've ever seen is just a fluid holder (no storage). Of course that was years ago so they have obviously expanded their line to include these into regular backpacks. Smart move!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestions and also the tip of rinsing the camelpack! Dried-up gatorade doesn't sound good!!!

Are camelpacks difficult to find outside the US? When I lived in the UK, I did find that there's a broader and more affordable range of outdoor stuff in the US. I guess there's a bigger demand here!
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Well I caved and bought a Northface Recon Backpack today instead of the Camelbak I was looking at. I wanted a daypack that was really roomy for camping and hiking and found that this one had more space (30L or 1850 Cu in) and better features than the Camelbak Isis I was looking at. It also has a sleeve and port for a hydration system (doesn't come with one but I already had one from another pack), plus the sleeve doubles as a laptop carrier so quite versatile. The waterproof zipper compartment in the front of the bag was another selling feature as it is a perfect place to store my camera, cell phone etc.

I'd still suggest a Camelbak for running though, as they have more convenient sizes but for a good long hike and/or short camping trip this North Face one is great. I also have a 60L multiday North Face backpack which is fabulous as well. I totally agree with TAM girl in that North Face makes great long-lasting and very durable packs - one of my favourite lines of outdoor gear (Columbia is my other top pick).
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Here's the update: I got the EMS Overflow Hydration Daypack (some version of a camelpack, I suppose). It has a 2-litre Nalgene bladder. It's really comfortable. It's designed for women and the shoulder straps don't squash my chest; it has a large waist clip which stabilizes it and made me walk/ run straighter! I don't race so I can't comment on this but it is very stable for light jogging and day hikes. In the main compartment I can carry wallet, keys, phone, book etc comfortably. AND, EMS is currently having a sale!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |