Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jergens Naturally Smooth is no more!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
So, I needed a new bottle of Jergens Naturally Smooth shave minimizing lotion. I've used this stuff for years, and it really works. The hair on my legs grows in so much softer and finer than it would normally.

But alas, I could not find it at the store! "Perhaps they just need to stock the shelves," I thought to myself. (I went home instead with Alba Cocoa Butter hand and body cream-- it smells wonderful, but won't make my hair grow in finer!)

I searched the lotion online, and Jergens has discontinued it! What am I going to do? I can't imagine why they'd discontinue this product when it actually did what it was supposed to do.

I guess I'll just have to come to grips with the fact that it is no more. I don't think Aveeno even makes their version anymore. The new thing is gradual self tanners and anything with shea butter in it. I mean, DHC makes a shave minimizing cream, but it's like $20 for 4 oz. I'm not willing to pay that much for so little of something I go through quickly. Does anyone know of another shave minimizing product?

The future is uncertain but one thing I know for sure-- it's going to be furrier!
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Violetanne,
you can still buy Jergens online (Drugstore.com seems to still have it). Stock up for years to come Smile

Edit: oops, sorry, it says the item is out of stock but expected within 1-2 weeks??

Edit 2: Smile There's a lot of them available on Ebay though!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Some of the other moisturizer brands make a similar product, so maybe you could try one of those and see if they work the same?

I know Curel has one, and I think St. Ives does too. Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
>_>
I have a full bottle stockpiled from when I saw it on clearance at Walgreens.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Aveeno has a lotion that you can buy at Walmart.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I will look for the Curel, but I know St. ives doesn't make theirs anymore (I tried it once, anyway, and it didn't work as well as Jergens), not sure about Aveeno, but I think they phased theirs out awhile ago... because I think I checked when I couldn't find the Jergens one! Oh well, so far so good, my legs haven't gotten any hairier. But then, it hasn't been a full two weeks since I officially ran out... Crying or Very sad
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
write and tell them you are disappointed it has gone. maybe if they had enough customer voices they would change their mind

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
write and tell them you are disappointed it has gone. maybe if they had enough customer voices they would change their mind

I'm surprised I hadn't thought about that! Thanks!

I'm always writing companies. I used to love this nail strengthener by Orly, but then, upon a repurchase, I realized they completely changed the formula-- for the worst. The stuff flaked off and became gummy in the shower. Yuck. So, I wrote them and told them about it. They responded promptly, but the nature of the response? Sending me THREE bottles of the nailpolish I told them I would no longer use because it stunk! Oh well. I tried to pawn one off on my mom but she didn't want it!

I also once wrote the Tim Hortons headquarters (fast food type place that sells donuts) because I waited too long in line. The next time I went there? I got my donuts super fast!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
THis is what I just wrote them:

I am very disappointed that you will no longer make your Naturally Smooth lotion. I was a dedicated buyer of this product, having used it for years! The suggestion you make to replace this product here on your website is not even remotely the same. This product really worked for me, as I suspect it did for other women. Though I doubt you will reconsider putting this product back on the shelves, you have lost some business as this was the only Jergens product I bought!

That last bit was a lie. I use the gradual tanning stuff. I just wanted to end with something dramatic-sounding. Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |