Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
What vitamins and minerals supps do I buy?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:22 am      Reply with quote
we all need the vitamins, minerals, and fibers that are associated with fruit, for our skin as well as proper functioning.

God knows (and so do you now Smile ) that I don't get as many fruits and veggies in a day as they recommend. So which vitamin, and mineral supplement should I get to help in assistance with the lack of fruits and veggies (even though I do eat as much as I can get my hands on). Is there a sort of pill for Minerals, much like there is a centrum for vitamins?

I know I do get plent of fiber throughout my day, so I'm covered there.

Plus, while filling in these holes in my vitamin, mineral portions in my diet, it will also improve my skin! And that's what I want to do the most.

So please, do help Smile. What do you do? Which supplements do you take for vitamins AND minerals?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Everyone is differant as far as what they are looking to maintain, achieve, elemenate, etc so a regime is hard to say, other than the basic multi-vitamin. I use a total alchemy powder with a cup of juice every day that has everything, including fiber and liver cleanse! I get it from dragonherbs.com, but the herbs there are so pure and they have a mixture for everything and everyone. My son takes something for his college-excessive lifestyle age and I have my hubby on something for maintenance & men's health as well. I love their products and enjoy reading about what they do and have used them for years.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Bad Grin

When it comes to supplements, Dr. Perricone sees himself as his own "guinea pig," because of his constant tinkering to arrive at the perfect mix. He starts each day with glutamine powder dissolved in water taken on an empty stomach for healthy maintenance of his GI track. After that comes taurine, L-carnitine, acetyl-L-carnitine, pantothenic acid and B6. He also uses N-acetyl cysteine and alpha lipoic acid to raise levels of glutathione in his cells and takes B complex and grape seed extract, DMAE and MSM, because of their powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. "A diet high in DMAE will enable you to think more clearly, improve your memory and increase your problem-solving ability." Phosphatidylserine is on the list for cognitive enhancement, and chromium nicotinate regulates his blood sugar levels. A few times a day, he'll take zinc, extra folic acid, selenium and CoQ10, as well as stocking up on extra minerals like calcium and magnesium. Of the success of the overall regimen, he says: "Very rarely do I get sick."

Alpha Lipoic Acid: 200 mg
Vitamin A (from carotenoid sources): 5000 – 10000 IU
Thiamin (B1)*: 10 – 50 mg
Riboflavin (B2)*: 10 – 100 mg
Niacin (B3)*: 20 – 100 mg
Pantothenic Acid (B5)*: 10 – 250 mg
Pyridoxine (B6)*: 50 – 100 mg
Cyanocobalamin (B12)*: 5- 100 ug
Folic Acid*: 400 – 800 ug
Biotin*: 300 mcg
* = B Complex Vitamins
Ascorbic Acid: 1000 mg
Ascorbyl Palmitate: 500 mg
Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols and tocotrienols): 400 – 800 IU
Calcium: 1200 mg
Chromium: 200 mcg
Magnesium: 50% of calcium dose, optimally 600 mg
Selenium: 200 mcg
Zinc: 15 – 30 mg
L-carnitine: 1000 – 1500 mg
Acetyl L-carnitine: 500 – 1000 mg
CoQ10: 30 – 300 mg
Glutamine: 1500 mg
Grapeseed Extract: 30 to 100 mg
GLA (from 1. Borage Oil, 2. Evening Primrose Oil)**: 250 – 1000 mg (GLA, not oil)
Turmeric: 250 – 1000 mg (no standardization specified, so guidelines are loose)
Omega 3 Fatty Acids: 4000 mg
DMAE: 150 mg
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Wow that is one long list!!! where does he have the time!!

I just take any old multivit, evening primrose oil and and extra antioxidant suppliment.

I have to admit though I never take them continuously as I have a very bad memory for taking them.......isn't ginko good for that??? Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Take DMAE for memory Bad Grin
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:56 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Everyone is differant as far as what they are looking to maintain, achieve, elemenate, etc so a regime is hard to say, other than the basic multi-vitamin. I use a total alchemy powder with a cup of juice every day that has everything, including fiber and liver cleanse! I get it from dragonherbs.com, but the herbs there are so pure and they have a mixture for everything and everyone. My son takes something for his college-excessive lifestyle age and I have my hubby on something for maintenance & men's health as well. I love their products and enjoy reading about what they do and have used them for years.

Thank you Annie, I feel just like your college son Smile (since I am in college). Is dragon herb much like a multivatimin, for herbs and minerals? That is pretty much what I am looking for. I know most people try to develop their own intake for particular needs, but at the moment, I am looking for something that is somewhat like an general guideline of how much of what each person needs daily, much like a centrum tablet, for minerals Smile. Do you think this would be much like it? (even though you said it's in powder form, that would be fine).
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
spa_cake wrote:
Bad Grin

When it comes to supplements, Dr. Perricone sees himself as his own "guinea pig," because of his constant tinkering to arrive at the perfect mix. He starts each day with glutamine powder dissolved in water taken on an empty stomach for healthy maintenance of his GI track. After that comes taurine, L-carnitine, acetyl-L-carnitine, pantothenic acid and B6. He also uses N-acetyl cysteine and alpha lipoic acid to raise levels of glutathione in his cells and takes B complex and grape seed extract, DMAE and MSM, because of their powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. "A diet high in DMAE will enable you to think more clearly, improve your memory and increase your problem-solving ability." Phosphatidylserine is on the list for cognitive enhancement, and chromium nicotinate regulates his blood sugar levels. A few times a day, he'll take zinc, extra folic acid, selenium and CoQ10, as well as stocking up on extra minerals like calcium and magnesium. Of the success of the overall regimen, he says: "Very rarely do I get sick."

Alpha Lipoic Acid: 200 mg
Vitamin A (from carotenoid sources): 5000 – 10000 IU
Thiamin (B1)*: 10 – 50 mg
Riboflavin (B2)*: 10 – 100 mg
Niacin (B3)*: 20 – 100 mg
Pantothenic Acid (B5)*: 10 – 250 mg
Pyridoxine (B6)*: 50 – 100 mg
Cyanocobalamin (B12)*: 5- 100 ug
Folic Acid*: 400 – 800 ug
Biotin*: 300 mcg
* = B Complex Vitamins
Ascorbic Acid: 1000 mg
Ascorbyl Palmitate: 500 mg
Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols and tocotrienols): 400 – 800 IU
Calcium: 1200 mg
Chromium: 200 mcg
Magnesium: 50% of calcium dose, optimally 600 mg
Selenium: 200 mcg
Zinc: 15 – 30 mg
L-carnitine: 1000 – 1500 mg
Acetyl L-carnitine: 500 – 1000 mg
CoQ10: 30 – 300 mg
Glutamine: 1500 mg
Grapeseed Extract: 30 to 100 mg
GLA (from 1. Borage Oil, 2. Evening Primrose Oil)**: 250 – 1000 mg (GLA, not oil)
Turmeric: 250 – 1000 mg (no standardization specified, so guidelines are loose)
Omega 3 Fatty Acids: 4000 mg
DMAE: 150 mg

Wow, that is alot! Unfortunately I'm not looking to be that intense Smile, even though I am sure it works, but just something enough to fill any gaps in my diet, in relation to daily standard requirments to the general public Smile, in hopefully pill form, for minerals (since I already take a centrum tablet daily and that has helped). Smile I'm just lacking on my fruits and vegetables. I get 2 or 3 a day, but that is not enough. That is why Smile
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:00 am      Reply with quote
littlebo wrote:
Wow that is one long list!!! where does he have the time!!

I just take any old multivit, evening primrose oil and and extra antioxidant suppliment.

I have to admit though I never take them continuously as I have a very bad memory for taking them.......isn't ginko good for that??? Laughing

You mentioned primrose oil and the extra anti-ox. supp. What does Primrose do for you? And what is the anti-ox. supp. I'm really curious Smile
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I take Evening Primrose Oil to regulate hormones. Its good for girls to stop the dreaded pre menstral tension. It is good for guys too as it has oils and vitamin E in there too.

I should have written it out properly but I meant an anti-oxidant supplement. This means it helps to fight against free radicals in your system which attack the cells and can cause ageing. Mine is pretty basic with vitamin A,C, E and selenium but there are lots of other vitamins, herbs and extracts that have anti-oxidant qualities.

If I were you I would start with a good multivitamin (doesn't have to be mega expensive), an extra antioxidant and fish oils and maybe some a B vitamin complex. I keep trying to take those but they make me feel sick. Remember to take it with food not on an empty stomach!!! Shame on you

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
littlebo wrote:
I take Evening Primrose Oil to regulate hormones. Its good for girls to stop the dreaded pre menstral tension. It is good for guys too as it has oils and vitamin E in there too.

I should have written it out properly but I meant an anti-oxidant supplement. This means it helps to fight against free radicals in your system which attack the cells and can cause ageing. Mine is pretty basic with vitamin A,C, E and selenium but there are lots of other vitamins, herbs and extracts that have anti-oxidant qualities.

If I were you I would start with a good multivitamin (doesn't have to be mega expensive), an extra antioxidant and fish oils and maybe some a B vitamin complex. I keep trying to take those but they make me feel sick. Remember to take it with food not on an empty stomach!!! Shame on you

Thank you for clearing that up. I'm actually quite scared to take more than my multi suggests, due to the upper limit for each vitamin, and the possible long term effects? How can I be sure if the amount I am taking is not in excess?
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
littlebo wrote:

Thank you for clearing that up. I'm actually quite scared to take more than my multi suggests (for the A,b complex,C,E extra supps), due to the upper limit for each vitamin, and the possible long term effects? How can I be sure if the amount I am taking is not in excess?
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:48 am      Reply with quote
You have to remember that the RDA amounts listed on the vitamin bottles are the minumum recommended daily allowance to avoid vitamin deficiency problems (scurvy, et al).

From what I've read, you can overdose on the fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E & K) and on heavy metals (zinc), but it's pretty hard to overdose on the water soluble vitamins (B's & C), because your body just flushes out what it doesn't need.
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
catmcall wrote:
You have to remember that the RDA amounts listed on the vitamin bottles are the minumum recommended daily allowance to avoid vitamin deficiency problems (scurvy, et al).

From what I've read, you can overdose on the fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E & K) and on heavy metals (zinc), but it's pretty hard to overdose on the water soluble vitamins (B's & C), because your body just flushes out what it doesn't need.

Yes, that is true. Does the regular centrum multivitamin also cover minerals as well? Or is it only vitamins?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Given that I, like everyone else on this forum, am obsessed with my skin I take Zinc, Omega 3 and Hyaluronic acid supplements which are all supposed to be good for the skin. Whether they actually do anything, I don't know - but I live in hope!! I'm also about to investigate something called Silicea which claims to do wonders for your skin and nails.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |