Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

OJON hydrating shampoo, conditioner and heavy duty treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I have colored my hair for years, at least 20, and highlighted the last 5. Shampoo has always been difficult because my scalp is very sensitive; if product builds up, I get flaking and if I don't wash every day I get sores. I had been using Pureology, which was really nice. After reading a post about the OJON line, I purchased a kit that included hydrating shampoo and conditioner and a hair restorative (a heavy duty 20 min treatment).
Shampoo-lather is good. On a scale of 1-5, 1 needing 1/2 the bottle to lather and 5 being the size of a pea, I would rate this a weak 4.The scent is tolerable, I dislike smelly products and this lineis somewhat smelly. Thank God it doesn't last. I work in my garden daily and I get pretty dirty. I scratch and rub everywhere, dirty gets into my bra and underwear-you get the picture-and I only needed to shampoo once and then condition. (I got the squeaky clean feel). The conditioner is somewhat watery, not as thick or emollient as many other conditioners so I was concerned it was basically a detangler and I was wrong. When used together (I haven't used either product independently) they really made my thick, wavy shoulder length hair extremely manageable in our New England summer weather. I could have gotten away with not using the flat iron in an AC environment. That is a big statement. The 20-minute conditioner is wonderful. It is sort of funky to apply; you warm it in your hands by the 1/2 or full teaspoon and apply it to your hair. (That also smells) I had to use a fair amount, approx a ˝ a tbls. My hair was so shiny afterwards, I felt like I had just spent time at a spa. They suggest you use the heavy-duty treatment 1 to 2 x's a week. The ingredients are limited, many oils, none of which I can remember right now. Cost is moderate, not as expensive as Pureology and it is available at EBay for a nice savings. I give this product 8 out of 10 stars.

Babs
AJL-C
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I have been using these products for some time... the great thing about it that I have found over the 4 months is the results seem to even get better over time Smile I only do my treatment once a week now previously it was twice most weeks!

If I do use the flat Irons the Ojon shine drops work a treat too. Very Happy
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I used my Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner for the first time this morning, Barbara, and was also impressed. Mind you, I found the conditioner to be pretty thick and creamy.

I love, love, love the Restorative Treatment. Although, like you, I also need to apply more than stated in the instructions.

My husband described my hair (after using the Restorative Treatment) thus: "It smells like the cinema."

Question Shock

I asked him what he meant, but he couldn't explain. Happily, he did then go on to say that he does actually like the way the cinema smells. Confused
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Thankfully my husband didn't notice the smell (he gets home hours after I shower most of the time) because if I dislike smelly things he hates them.(Just perfume type scents). I did get two other items in the kit I purchased, one to add shine and protect which did add shine.(I just came if from the garden to cool down and can't remember the name of either product). I will post when I re-read the bottles.
I think the conditioner is slightly below typically creamyconditioners but compared to Pureology it is almost watery.Off to the dirt and roots again... Wink
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered the Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner (full size) and the Shine and Protect Glossing Mist a few days ago, so hope they work for me too! I really wish EDS would start carrying a good hair care line though so I wouldn't have to order stuff from the US anymore. You know, one stop shopping! Laughing My last order from the States (NY) took 5 weeks to get here! Sad

Please EDS, bring in a hair care line! Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Ok....I'm on the fence here. I used Ojon Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and Cond for a few months and liked it but did not repurchase. Then I saw the Ojon rejuv cond on QVC and I was compelled to give it a go....had to go to 3 places in order to find it but once I did I got home and put it on. It did take a bit of product to coat my mid length hair and I left it on for about an hour. Rinsed and my hair felt just "ok"...nothing special. I have since used it 8 times and although my hair feels "stronger" I have not noticed an improvement in shine or softness. Last night I slept in the hair treatment and when I washed this morning and I'm still not sure its working. Did anyone else notice that the results took some time? Do you think I should be using the shampoo/cond as well? I guess I was expecting that super conditioned feeling you get when you use a hair mask like Kerestase or even just a heavy duty conditioner.

Any thoughts....?
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I'm on the fence too, my hair seems 'ok' after using it, I don't notice much difference, not a particular boost in shine,moisture, managablility or anything else . The smell makes my poor hubby gag.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I've just been trying out the seakelp bioferment mixed in with my shampoo and conditioner - and am having better results than with my Ojon Restorative Treatment. The Seakelp's cheaper too. Very Happy
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I love my Ojon Ultra Hydrating conditioner & 20 minute conditioner. I also have the clarifying shampoo which I do once a month. As some of you mentioned, the smell is overpowering, but the results outweigh the smell.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have the standard treatment stuff -- the 95% oil goo, and while I cannot stand the smell (and I like earthy smells, this just smells like cheap hippie perfume from a crappy headshop imo) My hair is infinitely softer after I use it -- and I've been using some very expensive Fresh haircare. I like treating my hair with oil, rather than just making it more "manageable" with silicone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:44 am      Reply with quote
I wasn't sure if the Ojon thing was just hype but I tried it recently - thanks to the Canadian Shopping Channel kit. I must say, it does wonders for my fine, (recently) super dry hair. I leave the conditioning treatment goop on for 20 mins. to 1 hr and it feels amazing after, with SHINE! I really slather this stuff on my hair and take extra care to coat the ends. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the smell of the Revitalizing mist, that came with the kit, which I feel is a bit too strong for me. I haven't used the shampoo and conditioner yet but I agree with some of you that the smell can be a bit overwhelming (too much perfume scent) just from opening the bottles to take a whiff. However, I can live with the scent since their products seem to work on my hair. My hair looks and feels healthy again. Oddly enough, it also looks fuller. Very Happy
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:52 am      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:
Ok....I'm on the fence here. I used Ojon Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and Cond for a few months and liked it but did not repurchase. Then I saw the Ojon rejuv cond on QVC and I was compelled to give it a go....had to go to 3 places in order to find it but once I did I got home and put it on. It did take a bit of product to coat my mid length hair and I left it on for about an hour. Rinsed and my hair felt just "ok"...nothing special. I have since used it 8 times and although my hair feels "stronger" I have not noticed an improvement in shine or softness. Last night I slept in the hair treatment and when I washed this morning and I'm still not sure its working. Did anyone else notice that the results took some time? Do you think I should be using the shampoo/cond as well? I guess I was expecting that super conditioned feeling you get when you use a hair mask like Kerestase or even just a heavy duty conditioner.

Any thoughts....?

Olivia, I'm sorry to hear it hasn't worked as well for you. I haven't used the shampoo and conditioner yet so when I treat my hair with the Rejuv. Conditioner I wash my hair with my regular salon shampoo and I still get good results. Are you applying it from root to tip? I do the opposite and start at the ends since it is much drier for me than the roots. I also SLATHER on the goop and use a lot more than directed on the container. I mean, a LOT more. I coat my hair with this stuff and leave it in there for a max. 1 hr. at room temperature. I know they mentioned possible product changes if the temperature for storage is too hot or cold. Confused

I hope it works for you!
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the "directed" amount for my shoulder length fine hair but it is not coating all my hair. I'll try to use a bit more. I do like that it goes on dry hair and I have slept in it a couple nights and my hair feels thicker and healthier just not softer or shiney like I thought. I'm going to continue using it 2 nights a week....I'll try using more.

Thanks.
wickawer
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:25 am      Reply with quote
I have become a ojon fan. I ordered the try me kit that qvc were doing with the shampoo and conditioner and small pot of the treatment. The treatment is abit strange, the smell tends to differ with my nose, one minute it smells like cigars and then it smells like a caramel machiatto from starbucks. If i am using this i tend to drench my hair in it then wrap it in cling film and a towel then go to sleep with it on, this is because my hair is very thick and coarse so i like to leave it for as long as possible to really sink in. I then wash it out and my hair is gorgeous. I recently tried doing the same with coconut oil which although it smells better it just didn't give me the same results and took 8 shampoos before it came out which seems pointless to have to wash it that much to get the stuff out which will just dry your hair even more.
The shampoo and conditioner are lovely, the smell is a bit like the treatment but smells more caramel machiatto less cigars which is good plus it leaves my hair very shiny.
I have just ordered the treatment from qvc as it is introductary priced and they are doing it on auto delivery so i will get it every 90 days so i don't have to worry about it going out of stock plus i will always get it at the reduced price.
Yippee
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I'm in the minority here. Sad

I had the Hydrating Shampoo, Conditioner, and the funky paste stuff in a set. I absolutely hated that paste! I tried it several different ways....pre shampoo, after cond, before cond, and as a leave in) Every time, it made my hair kinda rubbery, gunky feeling. Not good.

The shampoo and conditioner were ok. Nothing spectacular, and I definately didn't think it justified the hefty price tag.

My results may be due to my crazy hair. Coarse, dry, porous. Very thick, with a little bit of wave. May work great on other hair types, just not mine Sad

But then I found the love of my life....Kerastase! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Do any of you Ojon lovers have curly hair? I'm still looking for another line I can use in my rotation with Suddzz FX - I like the sound of oil, since my hair tends to soak up oil like a sponge Very Happy

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
OH could anyone tell me how to purchase this in NY?.....I really paid little attention in this brand Embarassed
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:57 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
Do any of you Ojon lovers have curly hair? I'm still looking for another line I can use in my rotation with Suddzz FX - I like the sound of oil, since my hair tends to soak up oil like a sponge Very Happy

Me! I'm still looking for the perfect product, though. The Restorative Treatment did help with my hair. I've also found that Redken's Heavy Cream is a great conditioning treatment, used once a week or so.

Am currently trying out conditioner only washing. Went well on the first wash so far.

Molly also has curly hair and seems to be having good success with Jessicurl at the moment - a line I'm very tempted to try myself.
skodalady
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
athena123,
I have dry curly/wavy hair and I really like the Ojon products. My favorite is the new line on QVC called Tawaka -- I find it the best for me for hydration. I also use the Ojon hydrating conditioner.
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
skodalady wrote:
athena123,
I have dry curly/wavy hair and I really like the Ojon products. My favorite is the new line on QVC called Tawaka -- I find it the best for me for hydration. I also use the Ojon hydrating conditioner.

I like Tawaka HAHA~~~But in US should order from Sephora...It's really cheaper in Canada
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you skodady, majorb and ke jeing - we curly gals have to stick together because our hair tends to dry Smile

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Ke Jiang wrote:
skodalady wrote:
athena123,

I like Tawaka HAHA~~~But in US should order from Sephora...It's really cheaper in Canada

Where do you order Tawaka in Canada? It's not up on their website yet.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I finally broke down and bought the Ojon oil treatment from Sephora for $48 USD. It's a 5 oz. jar and has to be applied to dry hair. I have a TON of hair, I'm not kidding Laughing and I wound up using over half the jar to coat my hair thoroughly. I know a lot of ladies have commented on how horrible this stuff smells, but I really liked the earthy scent.

After applying and distributing throughout my hair thoroughly, I donned a terry turban, placed a towel on my pillowcase and kept it on all night before shampooing the next morning.

I really truly loved how my hair felt after this conditioning treatment; it was soft, shiny and deeply conditioned. If I didn't have to use so much of this and if this product weren't so bloody expensive I would repurchase; but in the end I took the remaining jar back to Sephora and got my $$ back. I can get nearly the same effect by using organic raw coconut oil treatments for much less.

For those of you who DON'T have such voluminous tresses and who can use less of this, I would still recommend Ojon hair treatment oil, it's really lovely stuff.

Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I discovered Weleda Rosemary Hair Oil....it blows this stuff out of the water and its MUCH cheaper. My hair feels so soft and shiny the next day. I wear it over night and wash like normal the next day...love it!

I still have Ojon and I use it about 1x a week...still dont notice a whole lot of difference so I wont be buying it again. I did like the shampoo and cond but didnt feel like the were anything special.
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I liked the hydrating shampoo and conditioner, but found it didn't take care of my flaky scalp! The products left my hair soft though. I prefer the Ojon Twaka cleanser and conditioner for my hair.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |