Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How do you get rid of sun spots?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I just noticed the other day that on the apple of my cheeks where the sun hits the most it seems I have 3-4 sun spots on each cheek. I wear sunscreen all the time don't spend a lot of time in the sun.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if they are sun spots, can't recall if I had them when I was younger, they almost look freckle like. They're quite small and not really visible until I get my face really close to the mirror. They're probably the size of a finely pen tip. ( They kinda look cute though Wink )

Is this something to be worried about? Also is there a way to have them dissipate?
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi.

I also have some sunspots on the apples of my cheeks which sprung up a couple of years ago. I am still trying to find somthing that works to get rid of them. Your sound kind of cute but I have one big splog which is very noticable and a few others stattered around.

As far as I can tell different things work for different people. I am starting on vit c serum and will then be adding skincenticals phyto. I will be watching you post!

Sorry I can't be of much help. Just to let you know it isn't unusual and not much to worry about. But of course we all do!!

Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Glad it's not something I should be alarmed about. I just starting taking Vit-C orally and will be making my homemade Vit-C serum with Carekate's homemade recipe Very Happy . I'll change to a moisturizer with spf 30 too. Keep me posted on your progress.
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I was thinking of making the homemade version too but have no idea where to get the ingredients. Where are you getting yours?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:38 am      Reply with quote
littlebo wrote:
I was thinking of making the homemade version too but have no idea where to get the ingredients. Where are you getting yours?

I ordered the propylene glycol from http://www.thepersonalformulator.com/, their shipping is standard on all orders like $9 so it would be best to order some other things. I paid that shipping and only got the propylene glycol for like $1.50

The Lysorbic Acid (Vit-C) powder or crysals I ordered fromwww.iherb.com, Carekate ordered her from wholefoods. Obviously you can get the distilled water from the local grocery store.
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I don't know how true this is but according to medical estheticians (well two anyway), the only effective way to remove sun spots or discolouration is through IPL or photo laser. From what I was told this was the only way to get deep enough to rid discoloration. I've heard even people who use the Obagi system find it helps immensely but does not completely rid sun spots. Is this true all you Obagi people out there?

Anyway if your spots are just tiny then maybe something topical can help. Not sure if you want to use hydroquinone or kojic acid which is supposed to work but needs to be used all the time.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Yeah for me the laser treatment really isn't necessary since the sum of tiny sun spots equal about a handful.

I'll try the vitamin c serum topically first.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
aries--i have the same thing near the skin below my lower lip on the left side of my face. most of us won't laser something small like that, but the best thing right now is probably to try to stop them from multiplying Confused i apply vitamin C there rigorously and now consciously apply more sunscreen there and also reapply since that area is near my mouth and gets rubbed off more.

i am using skinceutical phyto correcting gel (my mom uses this for her rosacea and it does lighten spots somewhat) but was thinking of the phyto plus since that seems to be designed more for hyperpigmentation. anyone used both before?

i am also using DHC's alpha arbutin powder but that doesn't seem to work, i am just trying to use up the bottle for now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
There are two ways to deal with this problem.

1. IPL facial - very expensive and the deeper the problem on your skin, the longer it will take. Also, can feel very painful. Go see your dermotologist.

2. Vit. C & sunblock during the day. At night, apply Skinceuticals Retinol 1% and if you need to moisterize because it will start to peel.
Ch79
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
I don't want to sound dense, but what's the difference between a sun spot and a freckle? A brown spot is a brown spot, right?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Brown spot is age spots
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi ariesxtreme - I've been using Vit.C for over a year now (along with French sunscreens that claim to offer the highest PPD protection available) and haven't noticed much fading of my freckles. In fact, I have a few more now that it's summer! I still use Vit.C though in the hope that it will keep my freckles from getting out of hand. I've also tried SC Phyto+ without noticing any lightening effect. And I've used Caudalie Radiance Serum which hasn't done the trick either. Another product I've tried is La Roche Posay Mela-D treatment. Again, so far, no topical has worked. But I've had these freckles since I was a little girl so maybe laser treatment would be the only thing that could get rid of them. But they're not so bad yet that I've considered this option.

I've actually backed off from using retinoids in the summer because I fear aggressive exfoliation will just make my skin even more photo-sensitive, resulting in more pigmentation since it's so hard to avoid the sun in summer. Even the best sunscreens don't block all of the rays, and unless one is fastidious about reappyling it every few hours, the protection diminishes over the course of a day.

This is a tough problem to deal with!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |