Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
diet and skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I wanna hear testimony from people who had real improvement on there skin from diet.

I have been taking supplements esp fish oil, eat healthy and most of all i am going to start drinking fresh juices again. I just got a juicer and im going to try to drink as much as i can.

So is there anbody who had manage to improve or maintain there skin from diet and esp juicing?

thanks for all your response...
spa_cake
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Carrots.

Eat tons of carrots and you'll notice a differnece.

Other than that, it's hard to say because I've been eating healthy for about 10 years now.

Every little bit helps though.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've posted this before but 3 years ago I had really bad skin and wrinkles. The thing that turned it around was a diet where I lost 40 pounds. I started out Atkins but for 3 years have been on a low GI diet which is basically

1. Many green veggies every day.
2. Cruciferous veggies like broccoli or cauliflower most days
3. Non starchy fruits like berries every day
4. Fish at least 3 times a week fish oil every night
5. Lean meats every day
6. No processed foods except for low carb flax or bran bread and low carb or soy bean pasta
7. Nuts I cook with nut flours, some oat flour and flax meal and eat at least 2T flax meal per day
8. I use no white flour or sugar but do eat such when out at a good restaurant
9. Because I eat no processed food I eat no trans fats. I eat a lot of good fats (nuts, nut oils, lots of olive oil, macadamia nut oil avocado oil, coconut oil and some butter).
10. Derink plenty of water, green tea and some coffee.

There are other things but I think the major point is nothing that causes blood sugar spikes, good fats (lots of Omega 3s and monunsaturates (the polyunsaturateds in margarines are bad for you)), and antioxidants (tea, berries and dark colored veggies).
I also eat considerably more fiber than most people. The weight has stayed off for over three years now.

The surprise was that after 6months to a year of this type of diet my skin looked wonderful.
Even though I lost a lot of weight my neck was firmer and my crows fee literally disappeared.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
God sharky, I wish I had the organisation to eat like that but I just don't!

I have found that EPO in huge doses helps though and has a nice effect on hte bust too Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed a HUGE difference in not only my skin but also my health when I switched to mainly organic foods. With all the antibiotics, steroids, pesticides, chemicals, preservatives, (need I go on?) that are found in our foods today, they are bound to wreak havoc on our bodies and systems. Switching especially to organic meats and dairy was the best thing I could do and I highly suggest it to others who may suffer from hormonal imbalances or hormonal acne as staggering quantitites of anibiotics and hormones are found in beef and chicken. Of course water is also key in helping our bodies flush away toxins and keeping us hydrated so that our skin can look and be the best it can. Fruits and veggies and other foods high in antioxidants also have a positive effect on our skin so it's important to include them in our daily diet as well. Luke the old saying goes "you are what you eat" so I think it's important to intake as much healthy nourishment as we can so our appearance looks healthy as well.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
It's really not that hard. That hardest part was learning how to bake again with different flours. The fruit like berries last forever in the freezer. I just picked pounds of blueberries and froze them in a single layer on a plate and then transferred them to ziploc bags. They're great to eat frozen. I freeze strawberries and make milkshakes just using frozen strawberries, milk and a bit of Spenda.
It was a bit hard to get started but I was overwhelmed by the results in a good way and now it's just habit. Organic is good but not for the cruciferous veggies. I friend of mine who was at MIT looked at the toxicity of soot verus many other things including foods. Because this type of veggie makes natural pesticides when stressed he found many of the samples he received were more toxic than the standard "soot" he was using.
Mabsy

Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I think this classifies as diet: I see a big difference in my skin when I make sure that I drink lost of water with honey (preferably Manuka honey) and lemon. Also, going in the other direction, I start seeing a negative effect in my skin (and hair!) when I start skipping meals, or eating too much junk food.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy: I just got some Manuka honey and Manuka oil. The honey is expensive for eating. I put it in face masks, it does seem to sooth redness what else do you use it for.
I agree that lemon-water is great for you I'm off sweet things now so I like lemon or lime in water.
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:03 am      Reply with quote
sharky, sounds like a big commitment there. Right now i am doing shake everyday, which consist of all berries strawberry, blueberry,raspberry, blackberry. I got them from Sams, there already frozen. And next week i am going to start juicing. I am sure this will help. Ill see if i can get some flax seeds too.
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:33 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl, what is epo?
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
angel06 wrote:
guapagirl, what is epo?

I think Guapa is referring to Evening Primrose Oil.

Sorry, Guapa if I'm wrong! Laughing

I'm doing smoothies in the a.m. as well with blueberries, non-fat milk, (sometimes non-fat yogurt) half a nanner, and Spectrum Flax Oil. I succumbed to the Magic Bullet Infomercial and have been using that little sucker every morning. Quite convenient and it works pretty good! When I put icecubes in it, it does take a bit to get them chopped.

I need to find a good healthy smoothie recipe book.

Maria Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Sharky, how do you ever go out to eat in restaurants? Razz

My skin was at its nicest 2 years ago when i was taking high doses of evening primrose everyday. I got lazy about it and my skin is not so nice anymore (that's not the reason though...it was because i came off the pill, another story). Now i've gone supplement crazy again and hope my skin returns to its smooth, radiant and glowing glory days. What i'm taking now- Vit A, B6, Zinc, Vitex, Dong Quai, Greens Daily Detox, multivite and Omega 3-6-9.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I eat normally in restaurants. I usually have a fiber pill or Acarbose before I go though. I had Syndrome X high BP and prediabetes and this type of diet cured it. I also read the actual study reported in the WSJ and NYT about people living over 100. Apparently the only thing other than smoking that correlated to reaching 100 in a healthy state was having low triglycerides in the blood (this is a fat in the blood associated with eating high GI foods and should be under 100).
High LDL did NOT correlate neither did spending lots of time in the sun. Anyway I spend more time on topicals that on eating this way it just becomes a habit to buying real food rather than boxed prepared things. I also like to cook and cooking well takes only a tiny bit more time than cooking poorly. Anyway I'm also teaching my dd lessons and she is now a good food lover. At the beach recently she chose on her own a box of unsweetened frozen fruit over french fries and ice cream. Given my health concerns, the great impact on my skin (I am 51 with basically only on fine line) and having dd learn about good food it is the best investment in time I can make.

I do take supplements also. Resveratrol/green tea, ALA +Acetyl L-carnitine, Carnosine, Zinc BioCell Collagen/HA and Meformin (a diabetes drug but also good for aging) and HRT.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I've made the low carb "habit" (i don't want to call it diet) for few months. and i'm still trying to continue (again and again...) but i have difficulties not to eat sweets...
i don't like the artificial sweeteners, and i think they are not healthy either. love to cook & bake, so i make my desserts, even my own ice-cream with low sugar (approx 20-25% of the amount in the recipe). lean meat is a basic in the low carb habit but I don't eat meat really, only fish, so i have the feeling that i eat the same things the whole time. i have no overweight (YET!) but with my growing age the weight is growing slowly as well (thanks god i was very slim) and with low carb i got a real flat stomach.
it's a shame, i'm so weak, but i loved potato, rice and pasta in the past - which are forbidden now because of their starch content...
I feel that LC would be the solution, only if i had more strength ! (i admire Sharky...)
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Lin There are plenty of low GI pastas in the supermarket. Edamame pasta is great.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Sharky !
I've never heard it before and made a search now. i found a shop where i can buy some edamame products & going to try them.
Low Carb is not really popular here in Europe yet (only in the UK) so i have barely any possibility to buy low Gi products in the supermarket.
Did you completely ban potato and rice from your menue card ?
Do you eat honey ? (most probably yes, you mentioned manuka...)
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |