Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical Super Serum VS SkinCeuticals CE + Ferulic
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently using SkinCeuticals CE + Ferulic, but am about to run out of it.
I have never used Super Serum before. Can anyone compare these products? The Super Serum sounds wonderful! Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
There has been some other posts about this. You should search it and enjoy the read. I found CE Furlic causes acne for myself.

I would like to try IS Clinical.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:22 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Super serum the recent 9-10 weeks and am switching to the Ferulic starting today. I bought the 15ml version only, being able to switch back faster when i don't like it...
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:34 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Skin's ferulic for the last 3 years and the ISC super for the last 8 months or so. It is a real coin flip for me. I satisfied myself by using each every other day. I tend to be slightly dry so the skin's is more immediately satisfying but in terms of progress (how well it treats my skin) both work really well. Frankly when my bottles are up I am going to be in the same position as you, which do I buy?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I love the ISC. I also like the skinceuticals one. The only advantage ferulic has is (well according to skinc.) increased antioxidant protection (due to ferulic & E). I also found skinc. dosen't oxidize as quickly as ISC. But, I my ISC fairly quickly so I never got to the burnt orange stage.

Barbara, if you're alternating between the 2, which one did you find stayed clear longer?
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Do you think it is a good idea to get the sample sizes off ebay first? Thats what I did with my SC. I'm thinking about doing this for ISC as well...

I am really tempted by the ISC line...
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
It's a good idea - however i weren't happy with ISC the first 2-3 weeks when i started using it. so when i only had a sample enough for few days i'd hardly ever ordered the full size. i was basically happy with the super ssserum - which i was not with the SS's ferulic today : my skin was oily and shiny the whole time.
but i need 2-3 weeks to make my final opinion - see the reason above (i also tend to have dryer skin during the winter, so this is also an issue).
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
It's a good idea - however i weren't happy with ISC the first 2-3 weeks when i started using it. so when i only had a sample enough for few days i'd hardly ever ordered the full size. i was basically happy with the super ssserum - which i was not with the SS's ferulic today : my skin was oily and shiny the whole time.
but i need 2-3 weeks to make my final opinion - see the reason above (i also tend to have dryer skin during the winter, so this is also an issue).

My face gets shiny from SC ferulic, so mostly I just wear it a night, or when I am not leaving the house during the day. I wear Philosophy's C powder when I don't want to look shiny.
Does IS Super Serum not make you look shiny? I have used a few C serum's and they all seem to make me look shiny. I'm glad I discovered the C powder for this reason.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
I went ahead and ordered ISC! (super, active and hydra cool). Very Happy
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Lucinda, the super serum didn't make me shiny & oily. i even had to use a moisturizer over it (i mostly used Kosmea's 8th wonder serum + rosehip oil and my skin was perfectly happy with it).
today i'll try Ferulic with no moisturizer over it.

since yesterday i have a voice in my brain saying : "never change the winner team"

But i want to emphasise that the first 2-3 weeks of using i was desperate with ISC and then suddenly everything settled and my skin was nicer than ever before.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:34 am      Reply with quote
So my skin may go crazy when I start with ISC, but then it will go better than before?...
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:36 am      Reply with quote
You can look up, i wrote a lot about it in another threads (you could search for the posts of "lin23").
I've had no major problems in the past, here&there some acne, some minor scars after them, plus signs of aging.
My skin react with break-outs when i put on too many things so i have to keep my routine rather simple. I was unhappy with my routine and also wanted to do something against lines&wrinkles so i was looking for something new and with the help of EDS i found ISC. During the first 2-3 weeks of using it i got acne & blotchi skin, was unhappy and desperate. i was experimenting with quantity and regularity and suddenly (really one day to another) my skin got gorgeous. my skin is clear and bright, no need for make up. I also do exfol/peel 2x a week. And am a devoted fun of OCM (only p.m. - a.m. just water).
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! I found your post.

I'm really excited. I can't wait till my products arrive!! Smile
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:43 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:

Barbara, if you're alternating between the 2, which one did you find stayed clear longer?

Marina,

The super serum comes thru as an amber color and stays that way. The ferulic is clear and stays clear (that has been my experience). The only product(s) I have had change on me was skin's products, which was the old formula of vit c.HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:19 am      Reply with quote
Lucinda, i just wanted to report back after the first 7 days of using the Ferulic. Frankly : i like it very much. in the meantime the shiny effect disappeared, resp. i put on a very light moisturizer (& a very small amount of it) after the ferulic only.
I had 2-3 white heads during the first days of usage but they disappeared without any traces and stopped coming in the meantime. my skin is clear and even, flawless like never before.
I used a Vit. E gel in the past (from Jo Malone) and my skin loved it, so that was the basic reason for switching to C+E Ferulic. So far i'm happy i did it.
a.m.: cleaning w. water - Ferulic - after ca. 10-15 min. Kosmea's 8th wonder + cellcosmet eye creme and a dab of MMU on my nose if i fancy
p.m.: OCM - active serum + cellc. eye creme
2x/week peel or scrub with deep cleansing masque(JB gr. apple, Aesop, Kosmea).
i'll try to stick with this relatively simple routine, though i'll need some more for the winter, most probably (my skin gets dryer)
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Super doesn't make your skin shiney, I use Hydracool and some days a moisturiser over that. It didn't make me break out. Now Active can make some things come to the surface for me, but I only use it every couple of nights on my chin and forehead, and it makes my forehead peel. I put the JB night cream over it and the hydracool for extra help.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Annie,
no, super din't make me shiny - see all my previous post within this thread... (i switched from super to ferulic)
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I've used both and prefer SkinCeuticals. ISC Super Serum "turned" more quickly, about 2/3 of the way through the bottle. In winter (or at bedtime) I use CE+Ferulic, but after reading marina's report that a new SC serum was coming out that was less oily (because it lacks Vit.E), I'm now using Serum 20 AOX in summer. It's slightly less oily, and in summer -- every little bit helps.

I've been using Vit.C serum for over a year now. And while I'm sticking with it, I can't honestly say it's faded any of my freckles. I'm not sure exactly what it's doing for my skin but I'm afraid to stop just in case the benefits are real yet hard to pinpoint.
youngrace
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:14 am      Reply with quote
hi lynn, i just noticed that you aren't using ss in your routine - maybe try adding it? (shiseido and sofina make really nice, matte sunscreens.) especially after using the active serum at night...aha's can make the skin more sensitive to sunlight Smile

grace <3
BBesthetician

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
CE Ferulic is really for very dry skin that is why it could be making you shiney, Phloretin from SS is more for normal to oily skin types. Also, vitamin Cs should only be applied it the mornings and once daily.
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:58 am      Reply with quote
talking about VC, does any one here us skinmedic VC? it is not a liqid base, but it also does not turn to yellow so quick like the liqid base.

i have been use this for like 2,3 years, I like it. I read from somewhere before, the way that skinmedic use to keep the vc is the best(from paula maybe....)

anyway,

these days i am also using obagi C, and I love how fast it sinks. and not like the CE feulic, it does not feel oily at all.

maybe because my skin is on the oily side, I like both skinmedic and obagi better than CE.

really want to try the is clinic one!! i just bought the is clinic young complex, and love love it
jessica17
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:33 am      Reply with quote
CE Ferulic is very good for me even im combination skin, it let my skin very smooth and looks healthy, I like it .
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
ihave use both of these products..... they both contain 15% vc and is clinical is a bit of expensive than skincutical cef...by the way,, is cinical is easy to be absorbed.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |