Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Oils for the face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
michelle g.
5% products discount

Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi lefemme, I'm not MixCD, but I have bought this cleanser before and the ph tested around 8 or 9 Shock way too high for my face.

HTH,
Michelle
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
mixCD wrote:
appreciate it..

Sometimes I drink water with lemon. I heard that this can cause purging as well..

Do you drink the water with lemon first thing in the morning? I was told my Naturopathic Doctor that drinking a glass of warm water combined with the juice of half a lemon first thing in the morning, would cleanse the blood and help the liver improve its metabolic function.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:31 am      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
Apricot Oil: Pomegranate Oil: This oil is new to me but the skin care line I use (Primavera) contains it in the line. Very high in antioxidants so it helps heal and soothe skin. Very nourishing and restorative. Recommended for aging and mature skin. The most expensive of the base oils and one of the most difficult to find.

hi wildflower
you use PRIMAVERA too?
i love this brand though the price is higher.its quality is excellent.
where could you buy it in north america?
my friend help me bring them from germany,and i don't know the price in north america.
i don't like the evening primrose because it goes bad before i could use them out.
jojoba can't be absorbed faster as claimed,it always float on my face,then the pillow drink it,so my pillow is always oily and should be washed regularly Crying or Very sad
could you tell me an effective way,i think i didn't apply it in a proper way,thanks a lot
Wink
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
felinehhy wrote:

hi wildflower
you use PRIMAVERA too?
i love this brand though the price is higher.its quality is excellent.
where could you buy it in north america?
my friend help me bring them from germany,and i don't know the price in north america.
i don't like the evening primrose because it goes bad before i could use them out.
jojoba can't be absorbed faster as claimed,it always float on my face,then the pillow drink it,so my pillow is always oily and should be washed regularly Crying or Very sad
could you tell me an effective way,i think i didn't apply it in a proper way,thanks a lot
Wink

I used to purchase the Primavera Line fromwww.saffronrouge.com as they are the only retailer in North America, but sadly, their prices have increased too much for me, so I have decided to stick soley with my Dr Hauschka routine.

As for your question about using Jojoba Oil and it not absorbing well it would be difficult for me to give you a reason without looking at your skin first. If your skin is already on the oily side you may find that oils "linger" on your skin too long. Also you only need a drop or two - a little goes a long way. If your skin is not oily or if you are using a small amount then you may want to switch to a different base oil. I would also suggest that you use warm water when washing your face at night or perhaps do a steam and then apply the oil so the pores will be open and will more readily absorb it. The oily feel should not last more than 15 minutes. Do you also use a night cream as that may be the culprit to the greasy pillowcase too?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
mixCD wrote:
appreciate it..

Sometimes I drink water with lemon. I heard that this can cause purging as well..

Do you drink the water with lemon first thing in the morning? I was told my Naturopathic Doctor that drinking a glass of warm water combined with the juice of half a lemon first thing in the morning, would cleanse the blood and help the liver improve its metabolic function.

No, I usually drink it in the evening. But seeing that it will help clean my blood and liver then I will seriously drink it in the morning..

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
Rosehip Oil: Another huge favourite of mine. Rich in vitamin A and minerals. Very high in linoeic and gammalinolenic acids. Excellent facial oil for all skin types as it promotes skin regeneration and restructuring. Great for mature and aging skin as it helps cell damage and renewal. Wonderful for sensitive skin and irritated skin conditions such as rosacea as it helps soothe irritation and redness, reduces inflammation, helps heal broken capillaries and nourishes dry, chapped skin. Also works wonders in lightening and preventing scars and stretchmarks. This is my "miracle" oil.

I bought some pure organic rosehip seed oil last week and have been applying it to my face daily. I had to write in because I've never seen anything work so quickly and so drastically - namely on a small broken capillary I've had on the side of my nose for almost two years. In less then a week it has almost disappeared completely. I kept looking in the mirror in shock, thinking that I was just seeing things.

Yes it does work, it really does. Very Happy
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
So just organic rosehip seed oil seems to have got rid of your broken capillaries?
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Yup just the rosehip, haven't introduced anything new in quite a while, could see the progression happening everyday that I used the oil.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
oriana808 have been doing a bit of searching for it and it varies a lot in price. Did you go for any particular type?

I assume that all 100% organic rosehip oil is the same, but I don't get the pricing differences?!
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
oriana808, Did you apply the rosehip seed oil straight or mix with another oil? and do you mind telling us where you bought and for how much? Thanks.
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi I'm not at home and don't have it with me, but will get back with that info later today. I did see the same kind of rosehip oil mentioned in another thread, I believe on scarring... going to do a search, hopefully in a few min. Got it at a local health food store for $14.

It is 100% rosehip seed oil and I did not mix/dilute it with anything
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Hey what do you know, it's Aubrey Organics

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/product1.cfm?product_id=090A&cat=15&subcat=29

I didn't even notice the brand name when I bought it Shock

In my searches here on rosehip oil I've found that a lot of people use it for scars/burns/bruises etc. with great success.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:00 am      Reply with quote
That seems almost too easy! I might have to see if the Organic Pharmacy's rosehip oil is included in the 25% off special that sarahb posted earlier and give it a try!"
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
how much of rosehip oil do you apply on the sopt? can it be applied before or after moisturizer? I thought I read somewhere essential oil should not be applied directly to skin. correct me if I am wrong.
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Rosehip seed is not an essential oil. It is a carrier oil

Add a drop of helichrysum EO to your rosehip, and you'll have even better results at reducing your scars.

There are many places cheaper than AO. Trywww.gardenofwisdom.com.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Helichrysum aka Immortelle is great for scars. A drop or 2 mixed with Rosehip oil works wonders in repairing scars but use it sparingly as it is quite potent. And avoid using it neat as it really stings and can cause sensitization.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:

I used to purchase the Primavera Line fromwww.saffronrouge.com as they are the only retailer in North America, but sadly, their prices have increased too much for me, so I have decided to stick soley with my Dr Hauschka routine.

Actually that is not quite correct. You can also buy Primavera at:www.goddessofspring.com and atwww.kathlina.com

Dr. Hauschka is a great brand as well and is available here at EDS. I still stick to my earlier statement that Weleda makes some great body oils at very reasonable pricing.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Adonis wrote:
wildflower wrote:

Actually that is not quite correct. You can also buy Primavera at:www.goddessofspring.com and atwww.kathlina.com

Dr. Hauschka is a great brand as well and is available here at EDS. I still stick to my earlier statement that Weleda makes some great body oils at very reasonable pricing.

Thanks for the update Adonis. Back when I posted Goddess of Spring was only selling at a wholesale end, at least that's what they told me when I enquired a while back. It's great to know about Kathlina as a new retailer. Seems the word is spreading and Saffron isn't able to hold on to their monopoly. Hopefully EDS will grab the line too!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Just found this, love it.

To clarify the list wildflower made of oils were NOT essential oils? correct?
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:27 am      Reply with quote
I used rosehip oil and felt my skin very smooth and hydrate.But few days later,i found some little "acne" on my head Exclamation

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Jeffer wrote:

That's right, I believe she was rather refering to carrier oils.

HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Jeffer wrote:

Yup, the list I made on page 1 of this post was strictly carrier oils although we've all mentioned and discussed a few essential oils on this thread as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
yes thanks,

and because of this i bought

Tea tree
Rose Hip
Castor

castor was already planned for blackheads on nose

I just dabbed a bit of tea tree then followed up with rose hip on a few blemishes to see what happens.

Then if all goes well ill try the whole face with rose hip
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:53 am      Reply with quote
wow

2 days thus far and i think its the biggest improvement ive ever noticed in my complexion
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Jeffer wrote:
wow

2 days thus far and i think its the biggest improvement ive ever noticed in my complexion

Glad to hear that the oils are working good for you! Very Happy Very Happy I'm using camellia oil, sesame oil, & tea tree oil. Loving them! Razz
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |