Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Not using a moisturiser at night?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
productfreak
5% products discount

Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Have just started using the Dr H skincare line and I am really having problems in believing that it's good for your skin to not use a moisturiser at night! I have always been told that you should nourish your skin at night and to not do this now seems really weird. I have a dry skin and at 45 feel I need some sort of help to fight off wrinkles. I am using the Rhythmic capsules at the moment, the 52 day course and am wondering what shape my skin will be in when I stop using even these. Has anyone else had these concerns but been pleasantly surprised when they stopped using a night nourisher?

Question Doubt
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,

There was a thread about this ages ago (like a year). I can't remember what hte outcome was ....I know I tried it and lasted about 3 days. I'd rather go to bed with all my make up on than an absolutely bare face!

Liz Cool

5% products discount

Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Liz - I will try and search for the thread. Smile
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I stopped using a nightly moisturiser when i discovered Decleor balms..........essential and ylang ylang.........now i only ever need to apply these - therefore i not only save on the moisturiser - i save the time on applying 2 products..........

regards

Karina
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I also went through a phase when i discovered Vit C - i was applying just Vit C at night and nothing else.........

Karina
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:05 am      Reply with quote
I have tried Dr H and could not comply with no moisturiser at night my skin would be really dry, perhaps this would suit younger skin as they often say not to overload try decleor balms they are fab
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:28 am      Reply with quote
It is strange to not put anything on your skin at night. I found it hard when I first started using the ampules, and was using 2 per night to start with. I've done a few courses of the Dr H ampules and I really think it's worth perservering with. I'm sure you'll find your skin looks clearer and brighter overall after using them, less congested.

You don't have to go the whole way, and continue not to use any products on your skin after you've completed the course. There seems to be a lot of conflicting views as to whether it's necessary to use anything at night or not. I personally found my skin looks better in general now that I'm not using any heavy creams at night. After using the ampules I definately felt I didn't want to use too many products at night, so I've just been using Photolagen now and found that it works well for me.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Actually i don't put on anything after the active serum for the night. I'm not sure if it will be enough during the "heating" season when my skin becomes dryer. but for now i don't need anything.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I don't use moisturizers at nite anymore either, just my actives, and I feel my skin looks better. I do however still like it in the AM over my Pro-heal. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
I never use moisturizers at night anymore. I used to sometimes in the past but always woke up feeling greasy and I don't have oily skin to begin with. What I do use if I feel parched and dry is some Rosehip Oil instead. I find this works wonders and still allows my skin to breathe, regenerate and restore during the night when cell renewal and healing is most acitve. Plus it's properties help to accelerate the process.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
In an effort to simplify my routine, i've skipped moisturizer as well, also because i've never found one that doesn't break me out. I just use an eye cream at night and a topical antibiotic on my chin for the hormonal breakouts. Skin is doing fine.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I tried Dr. H products and the whole no moisturizer at night thing and it did not work for me. I had the worst dry skin ever then had a brekout that lasted about 3 months. It took me a long time to get my skin back to normal after that line. I think it works wonders for some people...I think I am sensitive to EO's and that line if full of them. I agreed with the concept of nothing at night to allow your skin to breath and learn to repair on its own but it did not work for me. I tried the amps at night and that did help....maybe you should give those a try.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I am 10 days into the ampule thing and have no trouble at night not adding moisturizer.

I think in the case of Dr. H., if you are using the cleansing cream + tonic + ampule then that is enough. The cleansing cream somehow is also nourishing to the skin. I dont feel dehydrated at all... but I am going through a "yuk" phase with my skin though.. 5 days in and I felt it glowed; 10 days in I feel ..feel.. well, urgh. Perhaps it is because I am not using ANY products with chemicals at the moment. (Organic Pharmacy say that when chanign from chemcial to organic skincare there isa period where the skin purges the chemical build up and you look like shite. Laughing Sad )

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I had tried dr h ampules and i thought it was a wonderful product. When i was using it, i wasnt using a moisturizer at night just that. But after i did the cycle i could not go to bed without using my moisturizer.
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:40 am      Reply with quote
i think it really depends on what you feel comfortable with...i tend to not wear anything to bed during the summer (except for toner...rose hydrosol, aloe juice & a touch of acv), and a moisturizer of some sort (oil, cream) during the winter.

i'll switch it up every so often if my skin feels it needs something different than usual (ie. last night i did apply a touch of moisturizer before bed, and it's summer here).

i always have something around my eyes...cannot not have something around my eyes at all times, though...
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I stopped using creams/moisturizers at night about a week ago after purchasing my Antioxidant Serum from Juice Beauty. I just put my actives on at night, I feel I need to let the skin breathe during these hours and feel the actives work better when there aren't other products added to the face.
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I don't use moisturizers at night but sometimes I will use Decleor's ylang ylang balm espec. during winter.
productfreak
5% products discount

Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for your comments. I have to admit I caved last night and used a moisturiser on top of the capsules - my face just felt so dry and I feel with my maturing skin I don't want to speed up the appearance of wrinkles. I will try and avoid it tonight though.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
productfreak, what cleansing system are you using before the ampules? Is it the Dr. H cleansing cream and tonic? I think that these are the secret to going without the moisturizer on top, as the cleansing cream leaves the skin feeling as if it has a light moisturizer on it.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:15 am      Reply with quote
I am using the Dr H cleansing cream and tonic but I have very dry skin and it just doesn't feel nourished enough.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:22 am      Reply with quote
I was once told by a Dr H consultant that they do not recommend the use of night creams simply because they believe that the skin benefits more if you don't use a night cream at all Question
But I use a glycolic based gel/cream at night & I think it does wonders for my skin. Smile
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:24 am      Reply with quote
If I use Retin A at night in cream form, would that be considered as a "night cream"? Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:35 am      Reply with quote
I too had some reservations about no night cream but I must be honest that I have had no negative results...actually my skin feels even more hydrated than when I was using cream at night.
productfreak
5% products discount

Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Prior to starting the Dr H regime I was using the entire La Mer product line and going to bed every night with Creme de la Mer on my face, maybe my skin is in shock from going from something so rich to nothing much at all. I am going to perservere with the ampoules and then after I have finished them, I may try The Organic Pharmacy antioxidant serum and gel after cleansing with Dr H cleansing cream and tonic.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |