Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MOP - Organic Haircare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jools
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
My hairdresser recently introduced me to MOP (Modern Organic Products) haircare. I;ve been using their c-system hydrating shampoo and comditioner and my hair has never been in better condition - smells of delcious oranges and a bit of peppermint.

anyone else tried their products or have any other suggestions for good haircare ranges.
soliloquy
5% products discount

Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:14 am      Reply with quote
I love Jonathan Product-it's laurel sulfate free but it's not organic. John Masters Organics has amazing products-all organic & my hair looked amazing but I couldn't stand the smell, too patcholli-ish(sp) & I developed a rash from one of their products. The problem I've found looking for sulfate free & organic shampoos is that they seem to strip my colour & make my hair dry (which it is already). I found that with the Hamadi shampoos-though I liked their leave-in conditioners. I haven't found anything that I've liked better then the Jonathan Products, they're not too pricey $18-22US & you can buy it from Sephora. I even prefer them to the Kerastase line that I was using prior to going "natural".
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:38 am      Reply with quote
soliloquy wrote:
John Masters Organics has amazing products-all organic & my hair looked amazing but I couldn't stand the smell, too patcholli-ish(sp) & I developed a rash from one of their products.

I too have recently "gone natural" with my hair. And I guess this just proves we're all different but I just LOVE the smell of the John Masters shampoo and conditioner I'm using - the Honey & Hibiscus Shampoo and Reconstructor. The smell is very strong though, if you don't like it. Washed my hair today, went out shopping, and when I returned home an hour later I could smell the John Masters when I opened the door! I LOVE this stuff

Have used the Burts Bees Grapefruit & Sugar Beet shampoo & con for a few weeks, and it's nice too, and works well with my hair, but can't compare to the JM. Why do I have to like the expensive products best? Laughing
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I've tried MOP's Lemongrass Lift Volumizing Spray and it makes my hair appear so thick and bouncy. It's nice to know you're using something natural also.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I just started using MOP C-system shaping serum. It's not a WOW product (but I'm not a wow type of person Very Happy ), but it's o'k. It gives medium hold, and add a little bit of volume to my hair without making my hair feels heavy.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I occasionally use MOP Glisten shampoo and conditioner. I absolutely love the smell - so fresh and delicious!

Right now I'm using the new Pureology Nano stuff - it's awesome, but it's very expensive. My hair stylist just started carrying it, so he gave me a bottle of the shampoo and conditioner when I went in for a trim. Unless I can get it wayyyy cheaper on eBay, there's no way I'd spring for that kind of money...

I like to switch shampoos from time to time, but ultimately, I always gravitate back to Terax...
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Second on the MOP Glisten range, I use it all the time now and love it! DH uses the lemongrass shampoo and conditioner and likes that too (as far as I can tell - he doesn't usually say much about what I give him to use... Laughing ).
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I've used the basil mint and the mixed greens shampoo. I must admit I was a bit dubious of having my hair smell like boiled cabbage, but it's more of a fresh vegetable smell! I also use their shower gels, I've got the pear body wash at the mo and it smells gorgeous.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Ooh, I forgot about the pear range, that really does smell lush! I have the body wash too although hubby's using it right now as I am going through a Molton Brown phase. I might get him the pear shampoo to try next, his hair is really fine (and kind of thinning, lets be honest) so it should work well for him.
jillian831
5% products discount

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:40 am      Reply with quote
makeupfiend wrote:
I've tried MOP's Lemongrass Lift Volumizing Spray and it makes my hair appear so thick and bouncy. It's nice to know you're using something natural also.

I've started using this a few days ago and I love the lift you get without looking all dry like some volumizing products.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I went to check out the MOP stuff today - unfortunate to find that the glisten shampoo contains SLS!!! The C ones don't have it, neither did the mixed greens so it was probably just glisten. Am going to check out their body products later as well!
mk
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
i used MOP, and found the shampoo and conditioner ok, but not amazing. on the up side, they both lasted for about 9 months, so it was value for money. however this was not enough for me to repurchase; i went back to the kerastase in the green bottles.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |