Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Transparent mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I want to find a good transparent color mascara to lift my top lashs. I would like the brush applicator to be very thick as I hate ones really spaced out so my lashs look natural.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator not only keeps your lashes in good condition and helps encourage growth, but it also acts like a transparent mascara. It's available from certain drugstores over in the US and is really great value.

My eyelashes have a natural curl and this stuff really helps to make the most of them.

carekate's post from a while back describes how she uses the Ardell along with a heated eyelash curler to further enhance the effect. Depends how much life you want! :

Quote:
The Blinc heated lash curler is made specifically to use AFTER you apply your mascara, but I would never recommend using a traditional clamp-type curler after applying mascara because your lashes will most likely stick to it and thereby the risk is run of them getting pulled out when you remove the curler.

I’m sure you have all noticed that when you curl your lashes before applying your mascara and after you put it on, the curl in the lashes begins to “droop” almost immediately due to the weight of the product on the lashes, even if you blast your eyelash curler with the blow dryer first for heat.

The benefit of heated lash curlers like Blinc is that the mascara serves to act as a sort of “setting lotion” for your lashes so that the curl lasts much longer – think hair gel or mousse that you apply before blow-drying to help lock-in your hair style, the same principle applies.

The reason that you don’t run the risk of pulling your lashes out with a heated curler after you apply mascara is because of the design of the heated lash curlers: they are made in the same fashion as a mascara wand, except it has little plastic grooves rather than bristles like a brush and there is a heating element (or two, as in the case the Blinc) running through the grooves. You hold this wand against the base of your lashes for a few seconds, then again against the middle-section of your lashes to get that full, sweeping curve. There is no danger of the heated curler becoming too hot and burning the delicate eye area because they only become so hot and cannot overheat.

I adore my heated lash curler (I’ve tried nearly every brand and the Blinc is now my favorite) and would never be without it in my makeup bag. I also curl my lashes before applying my clear “mascara” (I use Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator in lieu of traditional mascara because I prefer the natural look and do not need added curl, length or thickness due to the lash-growing cocktail and use plus the fact that I tint my own lashes on a regular basis), but my fave is a mini “Go Curl” lash curler by Luxor. After my Ardell dries, I re-curl with my Go Curl-er (no, my lashes don’t stick to it) and then use my Blinc heated curler to “lock” in the curl and it lasts pretty much the entire day for me (14-16 hours).
soliloquy
5% products discount

Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Talika Lipocils as a clear mascara & it works a treat, my eyelashes almost look "wet" & if I've had them tinted they look amazing. The Talika is supposed to be a conditioning/growth treatment. The applicator wand on the larger tube ($35)is relatively large.
natsumi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
I like Covergirl's clear mascara. I also use it on my brows.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried JANE clear mascara and it's pretty good! Picked it up since I heard JANE makeup is good drugstore find!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried Model Co. clear mascara, I like it. But now I mainly use it under my regular mascara, as kind of a primer coat...

I forgot to take it off once, and practiced in it (I play a sport) and it stung my eyes like crazy...I'm dumb sometimes. Laughing

Ouch!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
I find Covergirl's clear mascara holds curls very well. Maybe i will go back to using it since pulling out those "tubes" from my Kiss Me mascara has resulted in the demise of a few precious lashes.
jellyberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I'd also like to add JANE clear mascara has a VERY thick applicator Wink
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Ardell along with the 1000 hour lash tint. It works great, and I don't smudg at all. Especially in this heat and humidity.
Mabsy

Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:27 am      Reply with quote
I'd recommend the JANE one - cheap and good Smile I can also second the Ardell, but if you apply too much you get white residue...
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |