Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Ugh, tried Jane Iredale liquid minerals and I HATED IT!!!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
After the amazing reviews on JI, I decided to head over to a local plastic surgeon's office for a JI consultation. I've used quite a few minerals in the past so know how to apply them, etc.

Well, we tried the Absence and Disappear along w/the liquid minerals. I have very oily skin, BTW. The color she put on was way too light so we ultimately opted for Golden Glow, which looked good on the test area.

When I got home, I washed it all off and then redid everything. I absolutely hated it. Liquid foundation is NOT for me and I don't know what possessed me to not say anything while I was there. I could not get the stuff to blend properly and it sat on top of my pores ACCENTUATING everything. What a mess!

I called the rep and left a message. I'm going to go back in the morning and return the Absence, Disappear and the liquid minerals. Then, I'm going to exchange only for the Golden Glow pressed powder. I was using Aromaleigh but could never get a color match, so I was filling in w/MAC Studio Fix but (big surprise), it's breaking me out.

Sometimes, trying to match foundation/finding the right one makes me want to scream!!!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I love JI's Amazing Base Loose Powder, but absolutely hated the Liquid Minerals.

Although I was used to fluid foundation, I found the Liquid Minerals just looked really awful and patchy on my skin.
tmeyer66
5% products discount

Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have the JI Liquid Minerals, however, I don't use it on a regular basis. It seems heavy on my skin. I only use it when I need extra coverage for special occasions or something like that. You do have to work fast with it - in order to get it to blend properly.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Its not a very forgiving foundation have used it and some days I loved it others hated it. Can't use the pressed or loose (Bismuth) This summer I am using Dr H foundation and really liking it. Also have used Youngblood liquid which is not for oily skin but works much better and better color selection.

47yrd old normal-t-zone in summer
Mabsy

Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:27 am      Reply with quote
I've used it before and liked it. My mum also counts this as one of her fave foundations. I didn't find this too heavy in coverage though I did use it sparringly. I do agree that it's hard to blend - it tends to catch on the drier areas and looks uneven. When I used this I always used it on well moisturised skin otherwise the result was far from good.

Re: Asbence. I still have this and find that I don't reach for it much. It does actually work to control shine but I hate the icky formulation. It attracts dust etc in the pan and just looks gross after you use it a few times.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I threw a controlled fit w/the lady at the doctor's office and we tried another application method. It seems that there were 3 issues: 1) Absence - can't use it at all as a base! What a mess! She wanted me to keep it (of course) to use a spot treatment for oil but I find it doesn't work at all on me so will be returning it after all; 2) No concealer all over but can use to spot treat, which I like a lot. There was just too much stuff on my face with all of the layers! 3) Before applying the liquid base, I have to spritz my face first and apply quickly then blend w/the sponge. I do "moisturize" first w/either my own EO mix or Decleor YY oil. It is VERY true that the liquids will drag, if the skin is dry at all so I have to watch that and make sure to spritz liberally.

This works extremely well and has changed my opinion of the product immensely. I took it with me out of town and my face cleared up quickly from the MAC Studio Fix fiasco of 2006. Smile Of course, I borrowed some Dermalogica cleanser/moisturizer from a friend while there and that broke me out. Will I ever learn?!?

Oh well, I am currently using the Golden Glow loose minerals after the Golden Glow liquid (which is too light on my skin by itself!!!). Amazingly, the GG loose adds a really nice finish and a lovely, fresh and light tan color. My friends recently commented on how nice I looked but I think that I might need to pick up the Satin loose as a lighter alternative. Pics from that night looked great and the color was right on.

Anyway, if you have problems like me, try an alternative application method. It made all of the difference for me and I am now a happy user. Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Okay, here's the color sample picture:

pips
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I agree - I love the pressed and loose powder but the liquid looked cakey and heavy - even when applied with a sponge. Am in the process of trying other MMU without Bismuth
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:43 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl - I'm so glad you managed to find a way to make it work for you. I gave up! It certainly looks nice and natural on your skin. And haven't you got beautiful eyes! Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, MajorB. Smile I was mighty upset considering the cost!

Now, I'm a tiny bit flipping because I'm not absolutely sure what is breaking my chin out. After reading another post, I'm now wondering about the bismuth additive. Yikes! I'll have to see how it feels in a bit but boy, I'm not a happy camper...I have a date tomorrow night!!! LOL!

Thanks for the compliment re: my eyes. I learned the tightlining trick on another forum and it's a great way to wake your eyes up for day time without a lot of eyeliner seemingly on. To do, just line inside the water lines (closest to your actual eyeball). Lift your top lashes up and kind of move the pencil or liquid (whichever you use) so that it sort of smudges along the lash line. It is a super cool and sneaky trick!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I may be wrong, but I think I remember someone posting that the liquid minerals don't contain bismuth. Any JI users who can confirm or deny this?

It'd be pretty awful if you've finally found a foundation you like and then have to stop using it because of breakouts. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's just a temporary glitch.

And thanks for the tightlining tip. I'll definitely try it!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Oh, MajorB, very good news. I only use the loose minerals on top of the liquid and a fairly light application at that.

I guess I'm just whigging out due to the chin misbehavior. Smile
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
The JI does not contain Bismuth-I have used it and Iam allergic to the Bismuth so I have to watch things. Also Youngblood Liquid minerals does not have Bismuth.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
With any luck, that outbreak will clear up and you'll be able to keep using it then! Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I'm calling it quits w/the liquid JI. My skin was not at all happy w/it and the color was a mismatch, anyway. I ordered a few pressed samples (JI) and I like the texture much, much better.

However, I have a True Cosmetics Medium #1 on the way from EDS so am looking forward to trying that. I ended up sending a no-foundation pic to them for color match verification and they confirmed my hunch.
Zanamer
5% products discount

Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I absolutely cannot use JI liquid Minerals in the summer, although it works OK when I need heavier coverage in the winter. I can't say I'm wowed by it. I give it a "meh...".
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:40 am      Reply with quote
They are wonderful with color matches. I also have the True in Medium #1 and its the exact match to the JI color liquid that I was using
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
You have to use their foundation to apply to help blend better.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Thanks, MajorB. Smile I was mighty upset considering the cost!

Now, I'm a tiny bit flipping because I'm not absolutely sure what is breaking my chin out. After reading another post, I'm now wondering about the bismuth additive. Yikes! I'll have to see how it feels in a bit but boy, I'm not a happy camper...I have a date tomorrow night!!! LOL!

Thanks for the compliment re: my eyes. I learned the tightlining trick on another forum and it's a great way to wake your eyes up for day time without a lot of eyeliner seemingly on. To do, just line inside the water lines (closest to your actual eyeball). Lift your top lashes up and kind of move the pencil or liquid (whichever you use) so that it sort of smudges along the lash line. It is a super cool and sneaky trick!

Scally, that's how I apply my eyeliner too. I like the look of it, but what I dread the most is taking it off! It's sooo hard. I have a good makeup remover that would take off waterproof makeup too but it's just so hard to take off my eyeliner.. Really time consuming for me. How do you take off yours? Any tricks? TIA! Smile
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I went through something similar! My microderm lady tried to convince me that JI liquid foundation was the best I would ever find. After taking home tons of samples and trying so many colors I finally had to tell her to stop pushing it on me. It was driving me nuts...so many people love it but it just did not work for me. Return it and get your money back.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I heard the mineral foundation is good for oily acne skin.So I wanted to try JI liquid foundation.But as reading your reviews I think it is lucky not to but it.I'd like to other mineral makeup products from now on. Shock
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Tricia, I have two foundation faves right now. I know you have probably tried both..but just in case:

1) La Mer The Treatment Liquid Foundation: I use the finger-tapping method to apply over my Cle de Peau SPF 22 primer. I top it off with La Mer tanslucent powder. Perfection!

2) SK II airbrush thingie--just a few sprays over the Cle de Peau primer and Voila! I bought the SK-II from Ebay and if you would like the seller's name (very reliable!) I would be happy to PM you!

I experimented with Colorescience, but I just can't seem to get it right. When it finally melts in by the end of the day, it looks OK..but up until that point, I have trouble getting a nice finish. hth

Hugs,
deb
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi, everyone. I just saw this and here's an update. I have tried out quite a few other MMUs since retiring the JI liquid and have settled on Laura Mercier MMU in Warm Vanilla. It's divine - absolute perfection for an MMU (for me, anyway) and has pearl powder in it so that's a plus! It lasts allllll day long (even 18+ hours) and all I need to do is blot as I've got very oily skin, which is somewhat managed by my Sophina Nuance SS.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I also have oily skin especially in summer, so I'd better not try this.
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Scalawaggirl for the review on Laura Mercier MMU I'll have to try it. I had the same problem as you with the JI liquid Minerals. I just couldn't get the hang of it. My face felt like it had a mask on it. You were smart and took it back, mine in in the medicine chest.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |