Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jane Iredale Products on Acne
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
radiantface
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
So I have decided that I will stop all treatments on my acne. All the dermatological meds. I have been on have not helped me at all. So enough is enough!

I heard about Jane Iredale make-up and was wondering whether it is good for covering up acne scars.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Which meds did not work out for you? I find that Jane Iredale looks great when my skin is in great condition, ok when it is slightly breaking out, and bad during my acne flareups. The coverage is good if that was what you were wondering. Unfortunately like many others, the bismuth in it gave me clogged pores...so you might want to try other bismuth-free brands instead if you're concerned about acne.
radiantface
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I never had sensitive skin until I went on dermatologist-prescribed medications: benzoyl peroxide (that burned my skin), clindamycin, erythromycin, doxycyline, retinol, AHA and whatever else dermatologists were taught to prescribe. Now, the skin around my mouth and nose is red. I wish I never listened to my dermatologist because I made myself a human guinea pig and I paid a high price for it! I should have known that there was something wrong with his medical knowledge when he told me to bake under the sun for ten minutes daily during the summer season without any sunscreen on!

Recently, I consulted another dermatologist except this one is a cosmetic dermatologist that requires me to pay expensive out-of-pocket consultation fees. Another bad choice because she was only interested in getting $$$$$ out of me. I told her the skincare line I use and she brushed them off as some useless, over-the-counter skincare products even though I told her they have gotten rid of my cystic acne and controlled my sebum production. It's the first time my face doesn't feel too oily or too dry. And guess what? She prescribed me a skincare product that she created and told me to use Jane Iredale's make-up. And if I am willing to fork out more $$$$$, I can go on the laser treatment route - only $350/treatment and I will have to undergo 5 treatments before seeing any results. She tried to woo me with her portfolio of before and after pictures of patients who had undergone laser treatments. She never told me that laser treatment might not work for everyone, and based on what I read from the Internet, some people's acne have gone worse after laser treatments. After five treatments, I will have to have maintenance treatments. Sure! Make me a skincare slave, then, she will have a steady flow of income to finance her luxurious lifestyle and her Beverly Hills style clinic staffed only with women under the age of 30! Yes, she sells Jane Iredale products at her clinic and its mark-up is way higher than other outlets.

So that's why I am feeling extremely disillusioned with dermatologists. It seems so difficult to find a competent and honest one out there! I would rather live with concealers and make-up than go through another emotional roller coaster. Only acne sufferers know how I truly feel. It's physically, mentally and monetarily draining. So, that's why I am asking for acne sufferers who have used Jane Iredale's make-up.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I feel your pain Radiantface. I used to suffer from cystic acne until i went to my derm, and got an antibiotic which worked wonders for me. I'm sorry to hear those meds did not work for you and has sensitized your skin.

I agree that there are other less invasive methods of caring for your skin other than going to see a derm. If you want to go into natural skincare i'm sure there are lots of experts on this forum to help you out. As for JI, i'm still currently using it until i receive ordered samples from Lauress and Everyday Minerals, both of which are bismuth-free. I'm concerned about JI clogging my pores. On my skin's worst days, i used tons of concealer underneath my foundation, and yet find that the coverage is not good enough. Even after i layer it on does it cover sufficiently, but by then it is so obvious that i'm using coverup. I also find that it gets more shiny when i apply a bit more, further emphasizing the acne. If u're looking for a MMU that covers well while being good for the skin, i suggest you try other brands.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I've been looking into JI as well (mainly because it has pressed base instead of a loose one). Only their foundations have bismuth - I don't recall seeing it in any of the concealers or finishing powders.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
I use JI concealers if I have a break out. There is a specific JI concealer that is meant for break outs, but at different times I have used all of the JI concealers over breakouts. No problems here! Smile
jillian831
5% products discount

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I've tried alot of the mineral makeups and as far as coverage goes I'm not too impressed with Jane Iredale. I have a few active acne spots but a considerable amount of old acne scars and I just wasn't happy with the coverage this gave me. One product you might want to check out is Pur Minerals color correcting primer. It's green to cover up redness but it does a great job on scarring too.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I break out occasionally and I use JI pressed in summer and JI loose in winter. I apply either product that I'm using with a concealer brush to cover spots and then brush over my whole face with my regular powder brush. I get good coverage of the spots, but the bumps are still visible sometimes. Overall, I've noticed far fewer breakouts since using JI (switched from cream foundation).
Eda
5% products discount

Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I do break out regularly... I have been usin JI for a month now, and it may be my imagination but the heal a lot faster
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |