Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Another Dr. H Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Emma_Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I know for a lot of you Dr. H is old news, but I know from other threads that there are people out there who have not tried these products, and are interested in them, so, here it goes:

Skin-type: sensitive, acne-prone, mid- to late-twenties, and starting to see some signs of aging (absolutely delighted about that, as you can imagine). While I do get spots, I don't generally have oily skin, I have been told that my spots are due to skin sensitivity.

I had been using a Dr. H toner, and using a light layer of the Rejeuvenating Mask as a moisturizer, but I switched my routine 3 or 4 weeks ago. So, the new routine has been tested through regular life, PMS - which usually causes skin craziness for me, late nights, and excessive heat and humidity. Since Dr. H has survived those challenges, I am ready to review.

Current routine: cleanse face with Druide cleansing bar, followed by Dr. H cleansing cream at night (and in the morning if it has been a particularly hot night and my skin feels in need of extra cleaning), Dr. H clarifying toner, tea tree oil on spots (at night only), Dr. H normalizing oil (day time only). Dr. H Rejeuvenating mask one evening a week, Dr. H cleansing clay mask two or three evenings later.

My skin definitely looks healthier - before starting this routine, the skin on my cheeks was looking very congested, a lot of large pores, and the texture did not look great. It looks much better now, my pores are smaller, it doesn't look congested, and it has a much healthier tone (I don't entirely know how to describe it - it isn't absolutely perfect, but definitely looks healthier and happier). I have fewer blackheads on my nose, and fewer bumps on my forehead. I still did get one significant spot while PMS'ing, which always seems to happen, so I had one red lump, not too huge. I usually get a lot of bumps on my forehead at that time, and I definitely had significantly fewer, maybe 1/3 as many as usual. So, overall, I have been very happy - I am waiting for the Dr. H cleansing milk to arrive, because I figured that if everything else is working so well, I should try that too.

Normally my skin looks like death after a late night partying, but I have had nights when I have arrived home between 4 and 5, and dragged myself out of bed at a reasonable hour the next morning, and while I have been somewhat pale and had dark circles (which I didn't expect the Dr. H products to fix), my skin has looked OK rather than totally dehydrated and ill.

Now for the negative, I am not sure that I am moisturizing my skin sufficiently with this routine. As I mentioned above, I am seeing the first signs of aging. I can see some fine lines around my eyes, particularly late at night, and I can see a couple of other fine lines. I have ordered the Jurlique wrinkle softener cream, which I am going to try on my eyes, and I am thinking that I may try using the Jurlique Calendula cream as my daytime moisturizer instead of the normalizing oil, because I used it a while ago and liked it, and I think that it would provide more moisturizer.

Ok, this post may be a little long. I would say my 3 favourite products are the cleansing cream - it seems to have really helped to decongest my skin, the rejeuvenating mask - I think that it has helped to reduce the size of my pores, and to keep my skin clear, and the clay mask - it seems to just suck all of the crap out of my skin.

Hopefully this will be useful to someone, I always like to see fresh reviews when I am debating whether or not to purchase something.
Mabsy

Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Yay! Smile I'm glad you're liking them. If you don't feel that your skin is moisturised enough then add something else. I have just tried Jurlique's Calendula cream and it's great! I remember trying it years ago and thinking that it was too thick but I did't get that impression now. The other good one is Dr H Quince Day Cream. If you're still finidng that incorporating this is not enough then the toner could be the culprit.

Btw, my star Dr H products are definitely the cleansing cream, also the rejuvenating mask and the mascara Smile
productfreak
5% products discount

Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:46 am      Reply with quote
I have just started using the Dr H products and my only concern so far is that I am not moisturising enough, especially at night. Think I will look at the Jurlique wrinkle cream. Smile
amycc
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for sharing!
jillian831
5% products discount

Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
I have just started using the trial size kit for Oily/Combination skin. I think I like it so far but I'm really confused about the Cleansing Cream. I wear mineral foundation and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be using a make-up remover before I use the Cleasing Cream. Part of me thinks that if I was supposed to use it, they would have included it in the kit. But I also see alot of people who talk about using something prior to the Cleansing Cream. CAn anyone give me some guidance on this?
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Emma_Jane wrote:
Ok, this post may be a little long. I would say my 3 favourite products are the cleansing cream - it seems to have really helped to decongest my skin, the rejeuvenating mask - I think that it has helped to reduce the size of my pores, and to keep my skin clear, and the clay mask - it seems to just suck all of the crap out of my skin.

Recently I bought a lot of DR. H stuff (birthday present).

Cleansing cream
Cleansing lotion
Clarifying toner
Rose day cream
Clay mask
Rejuvinating mask
hand creme

I start with the cleansing cream but after use an Olay cleansing cloth which gets rid of the residue and made the difference between getting posative or negative results.

The lotion I use when my skin goes through an extra sensitive phase.

The toner I use only at night.

I didn't like the Rejuvinating Mask the first time I used it but the second time I found it worked better.

The clay mask is my favorite mask to use. My skin looks like the black heads are starting to go away.

I'm not thrilled with the moisturising cremes except for my throat or hands and have found I prefer Declor products.

So if I were on a desert island and had to pick which Dr. H. products I couldn't live without it would be the Cleansing Creme and Clay mask. Razz
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to the wonderful world of Dr H. You'll find many of us here belong to that club. Wink LOL
Emma_Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy, I actually included the mascara in my last order based on some reviews I had read on the board, along with the cleansing milk.

And, Jillian, yes, my understanding is that the cleansing cream is not a complete cleanser, you need to use something else first to take off your make-up. I think the trial kit is totally weird - I actually used a trial kit last summer, and was not impressed with the cleansing cream, like you I assumed I only needed to use the cleansing cream - otherwise, why didn't they include another cleanser? - my skin just wasn't getting clean enough. After reading the boards, I discovered I needed to use a different cleanser first, and now I am really happy with it.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
Welcome to the wonderful world of Dr H. You'll find many of us here belong to that club. Wink LOL

I forgot to add that I got the Eye balm and eye creme. Loved the balm, neutral about the creme. I'm giving a sample or two to a friend. I never thought I'd be putting something that smells of a brewery on my face and liking the results. Shock
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
Rufus -

I LOVE the clay mask too. It is the only mask that I have ever used over and over and over - blows kaolin based masks out of the water!

It doesn't get great reviews on MUA, lots of people think it is too plain. But I think the magic touch is the difference of the clay.

And yes, Welcome to the club Very HappyVery Happy
erinR
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:40 am      Reply with quote
I think I am going to try the clay mask!!!
jillian831
5% products discount

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the responses. I'm really wanting this stuff to work because lately my sister has been getting me quite interested in organic skin care. I think I'll pick up some of the Cleansing Milk and add that to the kit. I just did the Rejuvenating Mask last night and loved it. I can't wait to try out the Steam Bath and Clay mask but I think I will wait a few days.
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:28 am      Reply with quote
jillian831,

I'm assuming this is my sister. Did you pick me up a trial kit?
jillian831
5% products discount

Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Was I supposed to? Embarassed I'm going to VA this weekend if I don't make it to Wilmington before then I'll get you one there.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
Rufus -

I LOVE the clay mask too. It is the only mask that I have ever used over and over and over - blows kaolin based masks out of the water!

It doesn't get great reviews on MUA, lots of people think it is too plain. But I think the magic touch is the difference of the clay.

And yes, Welcome to the club Very HappyVery Happy

I've noticed that the Dr. H mask rinses off so much more easily than any of the kaolin masks. I have rosacea so it means less fiddling and less chance my skin will react. Talking about joining the club, I spent last night clearing out my bathroom cabinet and making a place for the Dr. H stuff I use for cleansing...next thing you know I'll end up with a mini fridge in the bedroom Bad Grin
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |