Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
is clinical active serum.....Annie?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Annie? I was wondering if you still use the active. You said your derm said you had to give it up, because of your rosecea. I didn't know if you are still using it or not. I ordered some samples, but this morning I noticed I had more broken caps around my nose area, my nostrils actually, and I don't want them to "spread". I know I can only get rid of them by ipl, as I have had that done before, but I would like to wait as long as possible before doing it. Do you think I can still use the active maybe every two days, or will it not be as effective? Will it still be as effective? Sorry for all the questions, but I am sick of missing out on everything because of my dumb couperose skin. I wish ipls were permanant. How the heck am I supposed to acheive more even skin tone and texture without good exfoliation. I used the cellcosmet dual action exfoliant and loved it, but I thought the active was a different somehow, and while I HONESTLY love the cellcosmet, something about manual exfoliation scares me, the rubbing thing, you know?
Sorry for the long post and questions, but can't wait to hear from you. i am exited about trying this product.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Sorry-was out of town yesterday and didn't see your post. Yes, I was finally given the green light to reuse the Active Serum, slowly. I only use it on my chin and forehead, not on my cheeks because that's where my main remaining rosacea is. I don't use it every night if my skin starts getting too dry. That had been my main prob-over dry skin which then gets irritated by everything. The Obagi Active routine for 10 days turned it around (contains cortisone for the irritation) and now I am back to using the Proheal, alternated with the Super in the am and the Active at night. I still use my hydracool and TNS,as those never seemed to bother my skin. It's just the actives that had to be worked back in. The new J&B night cream doesn't irritate either. If you are seeing red then I would not put the Active Serum in those areas, you could try Obagi's Active on those for a couple of days (my derm said no longer than 7-10) to see if it helps the redness. Good luck.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much Annie.
Thats too bad about the cheeks, thats where I have pore issues, well, not really my cheeks but around my nose by my eyes. I was hoping the active would help those areas. I do have redness there but I am trying really hard to combat and I have days where it seems it is getting better. I didn't get a sample of the proheal or super, just active and hydracool. Is that going to effect results?
I already use vit. c so I do not need the super, but I heard it would be better to suit my skin.
I am leaning towards the proheal for redness but didn't know if everyone was still "breaking out" with it.
I also still use photolagen, I am assuming I put it on first, then the active then the hydracool? Don't know about that.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know anything about Photolagen or Cellcosmet. I was told that using the Active even once a week is beneficial. I'm using the new proheal now but don't have the breakouts. It was either the old bottle that was somehow contaminated or my skin reaction at the time, I'll never know.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |