Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cellcosmet cream vs. gel?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Despite my better judgment, I'm actually looking into splurging on something by the Cellcosmet brand because I just did a search for the name and found a ton of WONDERFUL reviews on this forum.

I'm going to avoid the cream entirely because the other two are cheaper but I am trying to decide between:

1. Cellcosmet Eye Contour Gel-XT Phyto-Gel

2. Cellcosmet Ultra Eye Complex-XT Cyto-Complex Gel

I would prefer the first because it's cheaper. Can anyone tell me if there's a huge difference between the results of these two products? Will I be satisfied with the Eye Contour Gel product?

My eye issues are: fine lines under eyes, crow's feet developing around eyes, skin beginning to look thin/crepey

I'd love any input.

Thanks.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Janis, I seriously doubt you would be disappointed with the ULTRA Complex Eye Gel. I LOVE it. I found it firmed my eye area considerably and somehow my lids seemed "thickened" (but I dont mean that in a bad way). It is nicely hydrating as well. I guess it is more expensive because it does more (at least it is cheaper than the eye cream!)

I dont know of anyone who has tried the CONTOUR Gel other than Mabsy and I think she preferred the Cream version to that one.

Personally, I much prefer the Ultra Complex Eye Gel to the Cellcosmet eye cream because the eye cream is too perfumed for me. I also was not real keen on the texture (though I think I am the only one). My husband likes the texture of it but does not like the smell either (this has prevented me from splurging on their men's ones for him as I dont know the fragrance).

Also, keep in mind that if you buy the Ultra Eye Gel you will get the little "trial kit" gift, which includes a small tub of the eye cream.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:35 am      Reply with quote
Janis, careful with the price comparison : the cream is 1,03 oz - the gel and the complex are 0,5 oz only - it means then that the cream is the most cheap of all !

I have the cream and like it very much (my HG! : really diminishing under eye lines and i also notice some very slight lip contour "plumping" with it). but i can see already that soon i'm going to "surprise" myself with the complex as well... (cellcosmet recommends to use the gel or the complex combined with the cream)
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:54 am      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
Janis, careful with the price comparison : the cream is 1,03 oz - the gel and the complex are 0,5 oz only - it means then that the cream is the most cheap of all !

I have the cream and like it very much (my HG! : really diminishing under eye lines and i also notice some very slight lip contour "plumping" with it). but i can see already that soon i'm going to "surprise" myself with the complex as well... (cellcosmet recommends to use the gel or the complex combined with the cream)

I've just bought the eye cream and ultra complex. Does anyone know how the two of them are supposed to used together ie ultra complex on bottom and cream on top morning or night? I am 50 years old and have some fine lines around the eyes and 1 or 2 wrinkle lines under the eyes.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:14 am      Reply with quote
If I remember right, their recommendation was

AM: Contour GEL + Contour CREAM
PM: ULTRA Gel + Contour CREAM

Hmm.. once my Dr. H. experiment is over I just might try a little of the creamover my ultra gel!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:28 am      Reply with quote
I thought the Ultra Complex and Contour Gel have to be used together. Now knowing that they can be used with the cream one, I feel a sudden urge to get the Complex because it is good for dark circles according to their website. Rolling Eyes
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Tiger_tim. Unfortunately I don't have the gel. I think I will use the cream for morning and cream + ultra complex for night.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:40 am      Reply with quote
The Eye Contour Gel and the Ultra Eye Complex are supposed to be used to complement each other, the Gel in the morning and the Complex at night. I have used both of these products and think they are far better than the cream, especially the Eye Complex.
I am not a fan of the cream as I only have to look at for it to instantly puff my eyes and on application, the cream just won't absorb on my skin. It just sits there like grease.
The Eye Gel is like a morning eye freshener and does remove the puffies. The Eye Complex is also a gel texture, very moisturising but light and sinks in very easily. It will not cause puffiness.
If you can only afford one, get the Eye Complex, you will be pleasantly surprised and pleased.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:53 am      Reply with quote
OK, well I should clarify that my main issue that I want corrected or at least improved is the fine lines around/under my eyes. I don't have any puffiness, and my dark circles are hereditary.

Will the Ultra Eye complex help with that?

I don't want to buy a product whose main function is eliminating bags/puffiness.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Janis I cannot say if the Eye Complex will help with fine lines as I did not use it for long enough. The only two products that I have used that really appear to have lessened my lines are Remergent Microcirculation and Valmont L Elixir Eye Cream.

Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:47 am      Reply with quote
My order of preference for these is 1. Cream, 2. Contour Gel, 3. Ultra.

The eye cream is my HG - it's beautifully light and sinks right in. The Contour Gel is very good for morning use as it's good at de-puffing. The Ultra I don't reach for very often at this stage, it's a thicker type of gel and for some reason I just don't like it as much.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I cannot use cellcosmet, the smell is intense, if anyone is a migraine suffer beware, I so wanted to use this too Sad !! But I couldnt get it off my face fast enough, still went down with migraine.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
I cannot use cellcosmet, the smell is intense, if anyone is a migraine suffer beware, I so wanted to use this too Sad !! But I couldnt get it off my face fast enough, still went down with migraine.

That is what I also like about Ultra XT... it does not have that strong signature scent of the eye cream and face creams. Actually, looking at my stash, all the Cellcosmet stuff I like does not have that scent...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone comment specifically on the effect any of these products have on fine lines? That is definitely my main goal, to reduce the appearance of the lines and keep that area soft and moist.

Any experts want to tell me which one would be the best choice for me, given my conditions? I appreciate your help.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Can somebody help me with the correct application for the Cellcosmet and the Ultra Complex. Details of usage are a bit sketchy. The instructions for eye creams I have used always say to pat the cream around the eye bone in from the inside of the eye outwards. I have looked at the Cellap website. There are no instructions as to how to apply/use the product. I have the pamphlet at home but I cannot recall that it actually tells me how it should be applied. According to EDS the instructions are "To be applied around the eyes in the morning and in the evening with circular massaging after an accurate cleansing". Does anyone know what "circular massaging" means? The instructions that came with the trial pack are to apply the cream on the eyelids. Getting very confused here.
Regarding the Ultra Complex, do I just pat the gel under the eyes and under the brows or is it supposed to go on the lids too?
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
I tried both the Cellcosmet Ultra Eye and Contour Cream. Texture wise i prefer eye gel than the cream, as the cream is abit too rich for me. But overall, i am not very impressed with both the products, didn't see any obvious results in treating lines and dark circles. Crying or Very sad
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Under my right eye i've had a line since my twenties (getting deeper and deeper with the time). I've tried quite everything available in the dep. stores (Shiseido, Dior, etc. - Kanebo...) - with no results. The next level was Z.Bigatti and ISC - with no results. Then i tried the Cellcosmet creme and saw results from the very first application immedietely. This deep line under my right eye is visibly milder (some days is visible to me only because i now where to look for it...). on the side of my eye (between eye and temple) i had 3 fan-shaped crows feet - after few weeks of usage i have only 2 of them now, the 3rd one is very faint.
I use the creme a.m. & p.m., gently patting it all around my eyes & on the lids (there is no irritation) with my fingertips, with special attention to the deeper line and the crows feets.
Sorry, this is the most exact i can describe the application.
The creme is nicely moisturizing, very rich, so i think it wouldn't be suitable for people applying eye make up (i use mascara only).
Against puffiness i wouldn't recommand it either. I cannot say anything re. dark circles (i don't have them).
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Hmm, it seems like these products are just like any others: different reactions/results for every person.

The prices I find horrific but I am really eager to finally find something that actually *works*.

I'll be making my purchase later today or tomorrow so I'd love any additional advice throughout the day today before I make the big order! Razz

Right now, I'm leaning towards that expensive cream. Confused
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Janis
Just in case you didn't notice, you can buy a sample of the eye cream which lasts 2 or 3 months for me - it's in this pack
Cellcosmet Trial Kit with Sensitive Day (5 items) $34.00 CAD
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/sets-promotions-m_78_84.htm
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Janis, you should really by the samples - as Molly says (I did the same). It lasts long enough for you to notice if you want to pay the "real thing" or not.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
You can also request a sample of the ULTRA XT Gel.

Also, I would highly recommend going to the EDS shop and sending an email or if it is during business hours, going onto Live Chat and asking the EDS ladies what they would recommend.

You can tell them your exact trouble, what you want to achieve and what you like in terms of texture/smell etc and they will recommend something. I have done this a few times. It really helps!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:29 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
tiger time says

You can also request a sample of the ULTRA XT Gel.

Also, I would highly recommend going to the EDS shop and sending an email or if it is during business hours, going onto Live Chat and asking the EDS ladies what they would recommend.

You can tell them your exact trouble, what you want to achieve and what you like in terms of texture/smell etc and they will recommend something. I have done this a few times. It really helps!

tiger tim

Do you know when the EDS Ladies go on live chat? How do you get on the Live Chat - by MSN messenger?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:35 am      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
tiger tim

Do you know when the EDS Ladies go on live chat? How do you get on the Live Chat - by MSN messenger?

During the Salon's business hours (so for me it is like from 1am to 8am or something...).

You just need to know the time zone of your area compared to Vancouver!

When you go on the EDS shop page, you will she a red color icon that says "LIVE CHAT" - if it does not appear, then it is not turned on.
The icon usually appears at the bottom of the page near where you can log in.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:02 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Ninetynine wrote:
tiger tim

During the Salon's business hours (so for me it is like from 1am to 8am or something...).

You just need to know the time zone of your area compared to Vancouver!

When you go on the EDS shop page, you will she a red color icon that says "LIVE CHAT" - if it does not appear, then it is not turned on.
The icon usually appears at the bottom of the page near where you can log in.

Thanks tiger time. Smile
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:04 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I meant tiger tim. I have to make sure that I don't press the submit too quickly. Saw the typo as soon as I pressed submit Exclamation
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |