Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Benefit Cosmetics
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever used any of their products? I'm interested in Bo-ing, a concealer that they say covers undereye circles and red spots.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Makeup Alley has lots of reviews on Benefit. I personally like Benetint (lip + cheek tint..gives me cheeks a nice flush). I was looking into Boing and LemonAid concealers as well but decided against it based on the reviews on MUA.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
i have only tried benefit's dandilion and eye bright pencil. the blush would work if you have a very pale complexion.. if you nc30+ then it wont show up Sad i love the eye bright pencil it really works.. i want to try the mr frosty and gilded. i duno about the concealer.. benefit tends to be a love or hate line.. i always fall for the super cute marketing and packaging
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:29 am      Reply with quote
One of my staples is their FY...Eye base for eye shadow.

It'll lock that shadow in!

Love it...it's one of the few makeup products I've repurchased over and over.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, everyone! I'll check out the Makeup Alley reviews. I'be heard good things about the Benetint, but didn't know about anything else. For some reason, I'm on their mailing list, I almost buy three or four things every time I get a catalog, but I've yet to make an actual purchase. (What willpower!!) I definitely might try the eyebright and/or the FY eye. I actually don't wear eyeshadow, but if I could get it to stay put, maybe I would sometimes.
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I've used the FY Eye shadow primer as well and it definitely keeps your eye shadow from creasing. I really haven't tried any other products though.
jillian831
5% products discount

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I've never tried any of their products but I adore their catalog. I mentally spend about 500 dollars everytime I start drooling over a new one. I have a friend who swears by the Benetint for a fresh healthy looking face.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I actually really like Bo-ing. It's great for blemishes, though way too dry for under my eyes.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:54 am      Reply with quote
I read all the reviews on Makeup Alley, and I'm going to go for the realness of concealness kit and throw in the eyebright. Guess I can send it back if I hate it, but it seems like the main problem with Bo-ing is settling into creases. I actually don't have any problem areas around my eyes yet. (Yay for me!) Weird, but it's everywhere else I'm seeing aging.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I love the dandelion. My HG blusher !!
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I have another question! Embarassed Sorry, I don't have many girl pals, and my sisters look to me for advice.

I've been using the Janson Beckett line since April. I really like it because it's made my skin very plump, but I want more. Can I use Obagi with this?

Also, I've only seen raves of Obagi. Does anyone have anything bad to say? What would you recommend for my skin? I'm pale and dry, but not horrifically so. I've got a lot of capillary problems across my nose (thanks, Epidermix!) and I'm obsessed with my naso-labial lines.

...Or should I just ask my derm for Renova?
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I agree. Boing is way too dry for under eye, which is what I got it for. Its thick and caked up and accentuated my fine lines. But, its better on other places, I just wouldn't recommend it there. I think it may be that it contains beeswax? I have tried other things and I kin of like the bronzer, but can't remember the darn name. Its a liquid and it has what looks like a finger nail polish brush for applicator. Its not bad, but I find I like yonkas halo just as much, if not better, because it mattifies my skin.
p.s, i like thier catolog too, I look at it over and over. I like the way they advertise and packaging. Soo cute.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I used that concealer for awhile. I thought it settled in my wrinkles around my eyes. I have kinda oily skin so that could be the problem. I found an awesome concealer from Perscriptives (Flawless line)...the coverage is unreal. I also found that Mac has a great concealer (studio fix I think). Not the one in the tube that goes on like a lipstick but the other one. I do love Benefit products though...lipstick/gloss/liner/Dallas powder/eyebrow kit/eyebright etc....huge fan of the line.
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the bronzer stuff for legs and it was awful (too red and smelly)! Also the red liquid blush (forget what it is called) makes me break out, it was used on me once during some show for a "natural look".
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
its called benetint...
mk
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
some of their stuff is hit and miss, but i LOVE the bad gal lash mascara. my eyelashes need all the oomph they get, and this mascara delivers. good brush too.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
hi mk, is the bad gal lash mascara waterproof ?
mk
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
um, don't think so. i tried looking on the website, and it didn't say either way, so i'll play it safe and say no. i haven't put it to the test myself.

hope that helps.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks mk !! sorry one more question Laughing Does the masacara give any voulme effect on the lashes? I am looking for one which can make my lashes look full and thick. Smile
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Skinlover, I forgot I have the Badgal lash mascara too! It's in my makeup drawer that I never open because *cough* I don't use it. For one thing, it definitely is not waterproof. I've had some smudging issues with it. It is good for volume, but I don't find that it holds a curl very well. It's a softer formulation which would be good if your lashes aren't stick straight like mine. Of all the mascaras I've tried, this one really didn't impress me.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you makeupfiend !!!
mk
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:13 am      Reply with quote
i haven't had any smudging issues. i agree with makeupfiend about the curl issue, but the reason i love this mascara is that it gives lots of volume. i have long lashes, but they are thin and sparse. the only other mascara which has given me this much volume is dior maximeyes or diorshow, but i found that both of those mascaras flaked as the day wore on.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
hi mk, i have the same problem too. long but thin lashes and i need mascara that give me full volume. Maybe you can try Biotherm's Intense, quite good in giving volume and won't smudge. Smile
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:47 am      Reply with quote
I like a few of their products, the quality is not the best I've used, (especially considering the high AUS RRP) but is still pretty ok. I mostly find I tend to buy a lot of their products because of the cute & unique packaging & product names etc Razz but maybe not so much because of the quality of the products.
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
i'm not a fan.

too many of their products are fragranced--the worst being benetint, which i WANTED to love, but it gave me migranes >.<

i exchanged it for the realness of concealness kit. this is non-frangranced at least, but i find the boing adn the lemon too dry.

the high beam is nice, just be sure to use sparingly, the lip plump is nothing to get excited about and the ooh la lift didn't make any difference at all.

so in short, i wouldn't recommend benefit products.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |