Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Morning workouts: wash face before & after, or just afte
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry the title is pretty concise. Let me elaborate. When I wake up in the morning and want to start my cardio, should I wash my face before working out, and then go shower (and wash my face then) or simply wait till I'm done working out to wash my face? I'm just afraid that the sweat, with the oil will make it worse so I should wash before and after.

What would be your opinion, and why?

Thank you all Smile
Emma_Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
I will rinse my face with water (no cleanser) and a face cloth before working out in the morning, then cleanse afterward because I don't like to over-cleanse my face. I think cleansing twice in such a short amount of time may over-work my skin and strip away more oils than is necessary.
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Emma_Jane wrote:
I will rinse my face with water (no cleanser) and a face cloth before working out in the morning, then cleanse afterward because I don't like to over-cleanse my face. I think cleansing twice in such a short amount of time may over-work my skin and strip away more oils than is necessary.

If you by chance strip away the oils, won't the moisturizer you put on afterwards to return it to it's natural state and replenish your skin?

Also, does your body end up producing more oil, even with moisturizer, the more you wash? Or does it produce the same amount, regardless of what you do?
erinR
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:37 am      Reply with quote
When I work out in the morning I usually wait until after my workout to cleanse my face
elizasue
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:58 am      Reply with quote
I have always washed my face before workouts, but mine are usually outside - walking the dog, going for a bike ride, etc, so I need to apply sunscreen. I also feel like it wakes me up. Maybe I shouldn't, but it has never seemed to bother my face as long as I use a gentle cleanser, and believe me, if it was going to irritate skin, it would irritate mine! Cool
Grace_K
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I also start with my workout and go then in the bathroom to wash my face/ take a shower/...
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I may try just washing with water first before workouts. I tend to wash my face prior and then wash again after and always felt the face was a tad dry afterwards.
librarygirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with most of the posters here. If I am going to work out outside then I will need to wash my oily skin first then apply sunscreen. If I am going to work out at home, I will wash my face once I'm in the shower post-workout.
Emma_Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
xxndnromeoxx, this isn't going to be the most scientific reply - I find that my skin can become irritated if I wash it too frequently, and can feel dry. (It tends to be sensitive) I don't think that moisturizer exactly replaces your skin's natural oils, I think it is more of a supplement.

My skin is happiest when it has a chance to balance itself - sort of find its own equilibrium in producing oil, etc. - I think it gets stressed out when I make this too much of a challenge by cleansing too frequently, etc.
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
What is the point of cleansing your face before working out? You sweat out the old skin particles and clogged pores while you exercise. To me, cleansing before is just counter productive as you just allow your skin to work harder to produce natural oil.
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
FrevaKZ wrote:
What is the point of cleansing your face before working out? You sweat out the old skin particles and clogged pores while you exercise. To me, cleansing before is just counter productive as you just allow your skin to work harder to produce natural oil.

I was thinking that if you would wash before, then the oil that is on your face won't get clogged in the pores, since sebacious glands and sweat glands and pores are all usually completely different. So the oil will carry the sweat, and probably clog it into the pores? I'm not too sure Sad That's just my thinking, but I am glad coming here, it helps me be informed Smile. I guess the sweat does carry away the old particles and oils?
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Emma_Jane wrote:
xxndnromeoxx, this isn't going to be the most scientific reply - I find that my skin can become irritated if I wash it too frequently, and can feel dry. (It tends to be sensitive) I don't think that moisturizer exactly replaces your skin's natural oils, I think it is more of a supplement.

My skin is happiest when it has a chance to balance itself - sort of find its own equilibrium in producing oil, etc. - I think it gets stressed out when I make this too much of a challenge by cleansing too frequently, etc.

Thank you, I think that feels just about right, in the sense that it can get stressed out Smile. Thank you very much!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
i was actually thinking about this too. i just worry if i don't wash my face, the eye cream and moisturizer i applied before going to sleep will seep into my eyes when i sweat. does it harm our eyes at all?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:25 am      Reply with quote
For oily skin types like me, working out in the morning without cleasing will give me black heads over the time ^^
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I usually just splash water on my face in the morning before going to the gym, but if I had Retin-A on overnight I use a cleanser to get it all off before I start sweating.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
i wash both before and after.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
erinR wrote:
When I work out in the morning I usually wait until after my workout to cleanse my face

Me too.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Wein wrote:
For oily skin types like me, working out in the morning without cleasing will give me black heads over the time ^^

Wein--i have noticed that since i have stopped washing my face before my morning workouts, i have blackheads on my nose. I remedied that with a biore strip the other day and now wash my face before the workouts and my nose pores seem ok now. thanks for pointing that out Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
If I'm going to work out at home, I don't wash my face. If I have to leave then I wash my face so that I can put sunscreen on it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |