Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Effects of RoseHip oil are not conclusive with members?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've been researching alot of what people post on this site when it comes to acne and scars, and one of the products has been rosehip oil. I wanted to see if it really did work for acne prone skin. I found this:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=13557&highlight=rosehip+oil

leeleedeedee wrote:
Anyone prone to acne should NEVER use Rosehip Oil. Just thought I would mention that.

Wildflower wrote:
I beg to differ on this post. I suffered from acne and organic rosehip oil was one of my few saving graces. It helped renourish and rebalance my skin and was extremely effective at healing the blemishes and scars as well as rebuilding and regenerating new healthy skin. In fact I have professionally suggested it to many former clients who suffered from mild to moderate acne, rosacea, eczema and psoriasis with great results. I feel it is one of the best facial and skincare oils out there. That being said, I do believe that it may not work for everyone, the majority yes, but there are always exceptions to this rule. Also, many companies selling rosehip oil aren't actually selling pure or organic rosehip oil and instead are lacing it with other oils such as grapeseed, jojoba or almond which cause more adverse reactions in people so buyers beware. Become educated and research the company from which you are buying.

BYRG wrote:
I tried Aubrey's Rose Hip Oil and I believe it contributed to break outs. Some people are just really sensitive to them. It is warned in every place that I've read about rosehip oil that it's not recomended for acne prone people, but it can work for some people.

So it's left me quite confused on the potential of rosehip oil. Please do tell me about how it has helped you, and how it has hurt you. Also, tell me if your skin is acne prone oily... or simply dry? And let me know what you used it for. In particular, I'm interested in knowing it's effects for acne.

Thank you Smile
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I used a really good cold-pressed organic rosehip oil when I had chicken pox in my late teens..

I never had any problems with breakouts on my face when I smothered my face with the oil, and so many of my scars are non-existent now even though I had picked off most of the scabs before they hardened, and spent 6 weeks in the Australian summer sun with fresh dents in my face with no sunscreen (which I really regret in retrospect)

Another issue some members bought up was, the results were inconsistent because of the various grades of rosehip oil they had used. Always go for cold-pressed, and organic rosehip oil. It goes rancid very fast, within 6 months, so you may need to add an antioxidant to it (like rosemary oleoresin, or synthetic vitamin e).

Like any substance, even jojoba which is most simlar to one's own sebum, it can break some people out because their skins cannot tolerate even natural oils.

HTH
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
I used a really good cold-pressed organic rosehip oil when I had chicken pox in my late teens..

I never had any problems with breakouts on my face when I smothered my face with the oil, and so many of my scars are non-existent now even though I had picked off most of the scabs before they hardened, and spent 6 weeks in the Australian summer sun with fresh dents in my face with no sunscreen (which I really regret in retrospect)

Another issue some members bought up was, the results were inconsistent because of the various grades of rosehip oil they had used. Always go for cold-pressed, and organic rosehip oil. It goes rancid very fast, within 6 months, so you may need to add an antioxidant to it (like rosemary oleoresin, or synthetic vitamin e).

Like any substance, even jojoba which is most simlar to one's own sebum, it can break some people out because their skins cannot tolerate even natural oils.

HTH

Thank you,

That is probably the reason the difference in reactions took place. Thank you for the insight, it was very helpful!
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:12 am      Reply with quote
I started to use RH oil few weeks ago : aka the weather is hot and humid. in this conditions my skin is a combo to slightly oily (in the winter is combo to slightly dry). I tend to breakouts with new products sometimes (until my skin gets used to them) or when i put on too many different products (toner+serum+creme+ss+foundation+etc.,etc.).
I LOVE the rosehip oil (Kosmea) : it absorbs quickly, my skin feels silky. i examined my skin today in the morning : i guess my pores are smaller, the tone is more even, less blotchy - but that of course is not the result of the RH oil only (there is also active & ferulic serum).
Fading scars is a long trip to go, i think you need months/half a year to see real results. we're sometimes too impatient ...
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:12 am      Reply with quote
My skin loves it. I've been using a serum with RH oil as the chief ingredient for over a year and it's been great. I'm 48, and my skin doesn't break out much on its own anymore, but will break out in response to some products, and RH oil doesn't bother it at all.

It has helped with wrinkles, seemed to help a bit with hyperpigmentation, and helped calm down redness. But I know other people who have not been impressed.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:34 am      Reply with quote
RHO seems to work wonders for some people, but it did in fact give me breakouts & didn't get rid of any of my acne scars etc. However some of my friends had really good results after using it for a few months.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I've been using rosehip oil to lighten a few dark patches, am I using it for the right thing? I haven't had any breakouts or anything. I've used it on my back and also on my hip due to my allergies I broke out in hives this summer and kept itching it leaving the skin a little darker.
athena
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I may be in the minority here but I have used some very good grade rosehip oils, both the cold pressed, certified organic kind and the refined kind, I just don't like its texture, especially the unrefined organic one. It's not smooth and doesn't spread well on the skin (and my skin is pretty smooth to begin with). I like camellia oil much better because it feels a lot smoother, at least for me.
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
what i've heard is that rosehip seed oil should not be used on active acne.

although i'm not acne-prone, i have used the oil extensively on a large surgical scar on my neck, and currently use it full-strength around my eyes & diluted (either with other oils or hydrosol) on my face.

it did wonders on my scar, but i did have to wait until the scabbing had already come off. i was told to wait until that stage before using it.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
lamicuz wrote:

although i'm not acne-prone, i have used the oil extensively on a large surgical scar on my neck, and currently use it full-strength around my eyes & diluted (either with other oils or hydrosol) on my face.

Lamicuz,

When you use it with other oils, what the ratio of of the carrier and then the rosehip. I don't know how much to use of each.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |