Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Elizabeth Grant
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
domiso

Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:31 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
I am new to this site and enjoyed reading all the informative posts. I am searching for good skin care products for dry skin. I am considering trying Elizabeth Grant line. Has anyone used her products? Any comments are truly apprciated. Thanks.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Hello Domiso,

I have tried Elizabeth Grant Cosmetics and I did not like them - I did not like any of her products.

I bought one of those kits that has everything in them and I hated all of the products. Her A.M/P.M. serums were soooo yucky. They just sat on my face and were so sticky/icky I had to wash them off. Her eye cream actually irritated my eyes. Her day moisturizer was not moisturizing enough for me. Her bubble bath was watery and had an awful smell like shampoo. For me, it was a BIG waste of money.

There must be some people out there who like her products, but this was my experience. Hope this helps you.
onlyxi6
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
really? i will not to try any products of it, i trust leeleedeedee, because the writing of you is not a advertisement, it's your experience

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee,

I got suckered by the shopping channel! I so agree, I hate them absolutely hate them! Way over priced and did nothing, hated the feel on my skin! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried Elizabeth Grant serums.
My experience was the same as leeleedeedee, they didn't absorb, just sat on my face.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
I have tried Elizabeth Grant serums.
My experience was the same as leeleedeedee, they didn't absorb, just sat on my face.

Yet there are those that rave about the line! I feel the same the products are just yuck!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Here is another thread that might be helpful: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36347
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to recommendations from other forum members, I bought some of the Elizabeth Grant eye masks and really like them (when I remember to use them). They really help with puffiness and dark circles, at least for a couple of days afterwards.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Hello Dark Moon....yes, I must avoid the Shopping Channel altogether because I so get caught up in the marketing hype. I was once told, in some long ago post, that I didn't like the EG products because I was using too much of the product on my face (specifically the am - pm serums) but that was not the case. No matter how little I used they just sat on top of my face and felt yucky. I'm not a fan of Elizabeth Grant.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hello Dark Moon....yes, I must avoid the Shopping Channel altogether because I so get caught up in the marketing hype. I was once told, in some long ago post, that I didn't like the EG products because I was using too much of the product on my face (specifically the am - pm serums) but that was not the case. No matter how little I used they just sat on top of my face and felt yucky. I'm not a fan of Elizabeth Grant.

Hi leeleedeedee Smile

I cut myself off from all the "shopping channels" also for the same reason, it's just so easy to get caught up and but into the marketing.
I feel exactly the same about the Elizabeth Grant line, even after a good exfoliation it just sits and refuses to absorb at all! I am not a fan at all, and I didn't over apply myself! I know what works for some won't work for everyone, but EG doesn't work for me! Smile

5% products discount

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
yeah? I dare not try her products..
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:12 am      Reply with quote
I found that her products absorbed, but did not really do much for me. I had a weird dark spot on my cheek and that faded a bit using the night serum, but my skin was not improved in any other way. I feel stupid for wasting my money.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:53 am      Reply with quote
alexes wrote:
I found that her products absorbed, but did not really do much for me. I had a weird dark spot on my cheek and that faded a bit using the night serum, but my skin was not improved in any other way. I feel stupid for wasting my money.

Don't feel stupid! They really have the marketing science down to an art, I don't want to think about how much of that line I bought and only used once or twice because I hated the feel of it just sitting on my skin!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:36 am      Reply with quote
That is kind of you to say, Dark Moon. I was reminded of my EG products by this thread, and so got them out today because I still have a dark spot on my cheek even though the products did fade it. I thought what the heck, I will try them again. After ten minutes had passed I went to itch my cheek and it felt like I had glue on my skin. I was baffled until I remembered that I had used the serum on the spot. It is so sticky, even now, that I don't want to go near my cat in case I get fur stuck to my face. I think I will go wash it off.
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:00 am      Reply with quote
3 things to say about this line: YUK!! YUK!!! AND YUK!!! If it's not enough you can add a fourth YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the smell tecture and everything feels old. Stupid me got so many products at once from the TV. her C line smells like old oranges. the 24kt gold one does not even absorb and all the other ones too. and what the heck is Turecelum anyways???

Don't buy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:09 am      Reply with quote
has wrote:
3 things to say about this line: YUK!! YUK!!! AND YUK!!! If it's not enough you can add a fourth YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the smell tecture and everything feels old. Stupid me got so many products at once from the TV. her C line smells like old oranges. the 24kt gold one does not even absorb and all the other ones too. and what the heck is Turecelum anyways???

Don't buy

LOL I think she made that name up Turecelum! I just adore her story about her face being destroyed during WWII and how this junk totally fixed her face, major reconstruction anyone?

I agree YUCK X 10 Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:10 am      Reply with quote
has wrote:

Don't buy

LOL I think she made that name up Turecelum! I just adore her story about her face being destroyed during WWII and how this junk totally fixed her face, major reconstruction anyone?

I agree YUCK X 10 Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
I really love her product line. If you all find the serums sticky its because you are using too much! One measured drop is all you need for the face and neck. Thats it! Try it again.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
I really love her product line. If you all find the serums sticky its because you are using too much! One measured drop is all you need for the face and neck. Thats it! Try it again.

I believe if it works for you and you are loving it that's great. I have tried very hard at those prices to love it and used just a tiny amount, for me it just didn't cut it at all. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I too have had problems, but I will say that I like the face wash. I has yet to break me out, and that is rare for me. Sadly nothing else sees to do much but gum up my face.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
alexes wrote:
I too have had problems, but I will say that I like the face wash. I has yet to break me out, and that is rare for me. Sadly nothing else sees to do much but gum up my face.

I think when it comes to the EG line for the most part it's either love it or hate it, not many land in that middle ground! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
I think that is true. I was so hoping the serum and the stuff she says healed her face in world war two would help heal my skin after it was so badly damaged by my doctor. She is so engaging, and gives you a real feeling of confidence. I keep trying but have lost any hope. I will put less on and see if the stickies are reduced.
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
So I posted a little while ago that the only EG product I do like is the cleanser. It reminded me that I had most of the bottle left (I had gone back to my usual) and I decided to try it. A few days ago I noticed a bit of irritation on my face and wondered what was doing it - I had forgotten that I was using the EG. Today I woke up and MY FACE IS PEELING! It is as red as a sun burn and actually feels like a fine grain sand paper. I am kicking myself for trying the stuff when I did not like the rest of the line. I did not give it enough time last time to do this to my skin. Under the peeling, my entire face and neck is a big rash. If you have sensitive skin, please be careful using this stuff!
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I think Elizabeth Arden
is better.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Oh alexes,

That sounds horrible, I am sorry to hear that happened to you! I hope it gets better really fast! Smile

Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |