Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

creme de la Mer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I'm curious how come La Mer is hardly mentionned over here. I once read a book that said that together with a LBD and a pearl necklace, it defined "womanhood"... Rolling Eyes whatever that means. I'm therefore wondering why it's not out there with the Cellcosmet and Valmont reviews? BTW, I'm still looking for item one, so La Mer or its equivalent will have to wait...oh, a few years/decades Razz
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
I'm therefore wondering why it's not out there with the Cellcosmet and Valmont reviews?

I'm assuming because EDS doesn't stock La Mer products, or maybe even because Valmont & Cellcosmet make way better products imho Smile
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Ditto above, plus I believe one of the main ingredients in La Mer is mineral oil, which means low quality. La Mar in my opinion is overpriced and overhyped, there are way better moisterizers out the for less than half the cost, if you really want to try it, go to the counter and get some samples before you commit.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Most people don't seem to be overwhelmed by CDLM, but I've heard a few rave reviews. I wouldn't use it on a regular basis but I find it is the only thing I can use on my face when my dermatitis flares up. Probably not mentioned here that much because just as you said, there seem to many other great products out there for the same price.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I like the La Mer lip balm and the eye cream is OK, but am not at all impressed with the original formula Creme De La Mer and the multitude of other products introduced since the Estee Lauder conglomerate took the brand over.

Is it too obvious I don't like the Estee Lauder group? Laughing Laughing
productfreak
5% products discount

Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi - I was using Creme de la Mer for a couple of years, in fact I used the entire range. My skin is very dry and the cream did seem to soothe it but I stopped using it when I found Dr H Rose Day Cream, it is just as good, in fact I would say, far better, than Creme de la Mer.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I used creme de la mer for quite a while a few years ago, courtesy of some amaxingly generous samples I got in Nordstroms (fab service there by the way!!). I liked it as a nice, simple moisturiser but it didn't really do anything to address my skin concerns (lots of visible capillaries and hyperpigmentation from the sun) so I never actually did purchase a large sized tub. For that kind of money I'd be expecting it to knock my sock offs Laughing !
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I believe that if you don't care about money, it's good. but you need to keep using it for quite long to see real results.
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:30 am      Reply with quote
I was impressed with CDLM at the beginning after buying a 5ml jar - so went out and bought the 500ml jar - was only impressed with it for the first 4 weeks - i find it too heavy on my skin......

But since i have forked so much for the cream - i have to bear and lump it - ie USE IT.

I think it is too expensive - i recently tried the Elemis pro collagen cream 75 pounds for 50 mls - that was much cheaper and had a better effect on me.

But still i would not spend so much on a cream - is it really worth it! - i think not.

Regards
Karina
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Oops forgot to add - i gave away 50 mls of the cream to my friend so that i can use the cream in less time and invest in something better.

I have learnt my lesson - even though we read that CDLM is used by celebrities - it doesn't mean that it's the best thing since sliced bread!

Also before buying the 500 ml - i emailed CDLM website to ask the shelf life - they said it was 3 years - but once i ordered the cream it was only 24 months on the jar - i emailed CDLM to complain - did they reply - NO!

really annoyed now.

Karina
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Whaow! Are there any companies that E.L hasn't bought yet??! What's next?Microsoft?!
It's interesting to hear the opinions of people who have actually used the cream. Fashion mags are always touting CDLM and it's refreshing to hear that a lot of it IS hype. I guess similar to Maybelline mascara (the pink and green tube) - It's always being mentioned. I guess if you buy CDLM, you can't afford any other mascara! Laughing
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I picked up a couple of samples of this about 2 weeks ago after a "sales pitch" at SDMart, and used it for 4 nites. Although this certainly wasn't enough time to tell if it was actually doing anything cosmetic, I didn't like the texture of it. It felt heavy on my skin, and also kind of slippery like there was silicone or something in it! UGH! No sale here! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
if memory serves me correct there are a few threads regarding this, most love it or hate it, you might want to do a search.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |