Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
What is your favorite retinol product?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I would love to get some ideas for good retinol products as this is the next type of product on my shopping list. I am currently using Philosophy Save Me which has been good, but it contains so many chemical ingredients. I have also used Chantecaille Retinol Intense which is a rather rich formulation. I am looking for a light texture that can be used under a moisturiser with as few ingredients as possible. My skin is used to retinol (and loves it) so I think a 2% concentration would be good. If anyone knows of a paraben free formula I would be over the moon.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
I buy mine & mix it myself. But prior to that I bought my retinol products from PSF & platinum skin care.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I like La roche posay retinol 60, I like it better than philosophy help me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:
I would love to get some ideas for good retinol products as this is the next type of product on my shopping list. I am currently using Philosophy Save Me which has been good, but it contains so many chemical ingredients. I have also used Chantecaille Retinol Intense which is a rather rich formulation. I am looking for a light texture that can be used under a moisturiser with as few ingredients as possible. My skin is used to retinol (and loves it) so I think a 2% concentration would be good. If anyone knows of a paraben free formula I would be over the moon.

Green Cream, but it leaves my skin shiny.

Here are some others you should consider:

-Skinceuticals Retinol (retinol 1% and 0.5%)

-PSF Retinol Nite Repair (retinol 1% and 0.5)

-Green Cream (retinol 0.3%, 0.6%, and 0.9%)

-Cosmedix Refine (0.4% and 0.8%)

-AFIRM (retinol 0.15%, 0.3% and 0.5%)

-Replenix Retinol Smoothing Serum 10x (0.1% + green tea)

-La Roche-Posay BioMedic Retinol (0.15%, 0.30% and 0.60%)

-Jan Marini Factor A Plus Lotion (Retinol + GA)

Candy8865 wrote:
I buy mine & mix it myself. But prior to that I bought my retinol products from PSF & platinum skin care.

From where? Links Bad Grin

Also, what concentrations do the Platinum Skin Care retinols come in?

It says .10% and .30%
Is that .01 and .03 (equivalent of Green Cream level 3?)
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:54 am      Reply with quote
Avene ystheal gel, has a light texture with minimal ingrediants, works for me Very Happy
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone, that is a great list of products to start looking into. I am not good with DIY, so I'll skip that one. The easiest ranges for me to get hold of would be Avene and Skinceutical so I am going to check those for ingredients and texture. I was quite curious about the Green Cream as I see it mentioned so often, but if it leaves the skin slightly shiny it is not for me.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
SkinMedica makes a nice retinol product. It hasn't caused any clogged pores like some others I have tried.
Girlzmommie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Definitely Green Cream Very Happy - I agree it can make you shiny-ish, I use it at night, especially under my eyes (level 6), and really love it!
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:20 am      Reply with quote
I'll look at the Skinmedica one as well, and, please tell me - what is it about the Green Cream? Is it more effective than other retinol products? Stronger? Is it paraben free?
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:45 am      Reply with quote
yNs A Serum has no parabens. A proprietary product from a skin spa in Florida that I've been using for about 2 years. They have superb customer service via phone or e-mail.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, is the name of the product yNs? I am off to google it now. No parabens and serum texture sounds great. I will take a look at the concentration of retinol as well.
I found their website and it looks quite good. How strange that they recommend retinol application in the morning... I always apply it at night and an antioxidant serum in the morning.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
For a retinol product Green Cream level 6 is good. It didn't irritate me but I'm now using Avene Ystheal Cream. It uses retinaldehyde instead of retinol and is supposed to be more effective.

Avene Diacneal has double the retinaldehyde concentration and glycolic acid and is meant for acne-prone skin. Strangely I didn't see much results from this whereas the Ystheal is working well. Smile
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the Avene recommendation, it is easy for me to get this product. I did not know that retinaldehyde is more effective than retinol, so that's interesting information.

I was also reading the You magazine today where their plastic surgery expert recommended a retinol product called Sesha Super A Revital Emulsion. Does anyone know this product? It looks good (www.sesha-uk.com)
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
stardust wrote:
For a retinol product Green Cream level 6 is good. It didn't irritate me but I'm now using Avene Ystheal Cream. It uses retinaldehyde instead of retinol and is supposed to be more effective.

Avene Diacneal has double the retinaldehyde concentration and glycolic acid and is meant for acne-prone skin. Strangely I didn't see much results from this whereas the Ystheal is working well. Smile

I have a few Avene products but my favorite out of them is the Skin Recovery Cream, I do have Ystheal Cream as well.
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:57 am      Reply with quote
I have used Green Cream level 6 (did not see results) and Green Cream level 9. Level 9 left me with red, irratated skin.

I really prefer Avene products. I like the Avene ystheal cream on drier areas of my face. I can use this daily (night) even under my eyes with no problems.

The Avene Diacneal is raved about Makeupalley. It combined retinalhyde and glyolic acid. It is marketed as anti-acne but is anti-aging also. The Diacneal is available in SDM for $28.00.

I have repurchased both Avene cream and Diacneal.

My skin type is oily, sensitive (fair skinned) and still prone to breakouts at 45.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I really like PSF Retinol serum.
I have used green cream in the past and my skin was waaaaay too sensitive when using it, hths.
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Skinceuticals
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Stupid question I know, but what is retinol used for?
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, I will skip the Green Cream for sure. I will keep checking ingredients lists to find the perfect retinol treatment... I think Skinceuticals is paraben free.
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin: Yes, it is unusual to apply a retinol in the morning, but I can honestly say I've never found a more effective retinol product, starting with Retin-A years ago. It has been highly effective firming skin around my 50-ish eyes and lightening some sun damage. It also got rid of what I believe was a subaceous cyst underneath one of my eyes. The yNs product program takes some getting used to (I eliminated 2 of the basic 4 products finding them too rich for my skin), but the serum is quite remarkable for older skin and used in conjunction with the Enzyme Gel. If you are young, your skin will probably respond well to many other A-products. YNS is more of a med-spa strength.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:

Yeah Candy give it up! Laughing
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I found a place where you can order a trial size Green Cream (.13 oz). Check at lindasy.com. You can get 4 samples for $10.00 + $5.50 S&H. I ordered the Green Cream in level 3 and level 6, some hair stuff, and some eye stuff. Unfortunately, I didn't see where you can just order 4 green cream samples, which is what I wanted but at least it's possible to try it without spending $43.00.
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
will it be too much for the skin if i add a retinol product when i am already using glycolic peels and microdermabrasion?
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Dunno! It'd be too much for mine, but I'm pretty sensitive. I can't do microdermabrasion. I use a mild lactic acid peel, but I'm going to stop while trying the Green Cream. I react badly to the lactic anyway.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
hendricks wrote:
will it be too much for the skin if i add a retinol product when i am already using glycolic peels and microdermabrasion?

You never know until you try but it should be okay. I have very sensitive skin and used both Differin and ISC Proheal serum which has 1% retinol and I was getting 70% glycolic acid peels at my dermatologists and had one microdermabrasion done. If you do decide to add retinol do not use it on the days you do your peels or microdermabrasion and in the days afterwards while your skin is still recovering from the procedures.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |