Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

SunAway CellularSkinRx
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Dear ladies,

I would like to know if anyone has used or is using SunAway sunscreen SPF 30 uva+uvb by CellularSkinRx.
How is the sunscreen? Smelly? White-cast? Sticky?
How is the texture?

Thank you in advance,
Medusa
Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:36 am      Reply with quote
uhm.... no one?
Is it a bit similar to Anessa or the other one, extra smooth Shiseido sunscreen?

Neutral
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I have no experience with that sunscreen, but wanted to reply so you don't feel everyone's ignoring you! Very Happy

Hopefully, someone more helpful will answer soon. Or maybe no one here's tried it yet.

Have you had a look on makeupalley.com to see if there are any reviews there?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
It is brand new & I'm planning to order it when I get back from vacation-actually I'm hoping EDS will stock it by the time I get back. I'm interested in it too since I like cellularskin & , although chemical, it is at least a STABLE sunblock. The price is reasonable as well.They actually have a new anti-aging product that looks good & you get a sunblock (not sure if it's travel size) for $5 with purchase. Wink
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm the cellularskinrx QUEEN! And, yes, I've tried the Sunaway sunscreen. My absolute favorite is LRP Dermo-Peds spf 40 Spray (not the cream) though. I like the Sunaway -it's not greasy, leaves a nice, soft finish (no white cast like Shiseido) - far better under makeup than the LRP (which can ball up under full makeup). So for using it that way, I like it. But I don't do full makeup everyday, and I'm a sports nut, too, so I prefer a Mexoryl/Tinosorb sunscreen for better UVA protection. The Sunaway is stable and has the avobenzone/octocrylene combo that makes it stable and a decent UVA protector but for sports in UV Index 10+, I have to think the Mexoryl is better.

So bottom line -for everyday use - it's great. Very nice, easy to use, matte finish sunscreen. For major sports and BIG sun exposure, I go with the LRP.
Mabsy

Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:56 am      Reply with quote
I bought the little "bag of four" deal that was on a while ago (and possibly still is). I really like this sunblock. It's not as light as the Anessa in texture (it's a very light lotion but not as watery as Anessa) but it pretty much feels like nothing once you apply it. Also, it feels less oily that some of the Japanese "watery" type sunblocks I have tried. "Dry Touch" is a pretty apt name for it - I don't think it's matte but it's not oily, it just leaves your skin looking as it was. It does have the traditional sunblock scent though. HTH
Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ladies Very Happy!! MajorB you are sweet Smile.
I have used many sunscreens and the ones with Mexoryl are sticky, fatty, ghosty Rolling Eyes. I haven't tried LRP. My number one is Anessa then Shiseido spf 50+ extra smooth sunscreen.
I want to try the SunAway because I do like Cellularskinrx products.
By the way, does anyone know what size one bottle of the family 4-pack is? (30 ml? 60 ml? 100ml?) I can't find it on their site.

Thanks again,
Medusa
Mabsy

Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Medusa - they're 30mL each.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:09 am      Reply with quote
Has anybody used CellularSkin's Polishing grains ("ground adzuki beans") ?
I like the idea that you can mix it with your favourite cleanser & use it as scrub - any experience with it already ?
Mabsy

Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:56 am      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
Has anybody used CellularSkin's Polishing grains ("ground adzuki beans") ?
I like the idea that you can mix it with your favourite cleanser & use it as scrub - any experience with it already ?

Yes, I've got that too Anxious I don't reach for it often as I use scrubs but it's nice to add to cleansers. Gives gentle exfoliation that feels quite nice as well. I've been told that you can buy ground adzuki beans in Asian grocery stores though and this is pretty much what it is.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy !

I know i drift away from the original thread but could you let me know which scrubs you use/like?
Mabsy

Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:12 am      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
Thanks Mabsy !

I know i drift away from the original thread but could you let me know which scrubs you use/like?

I'm fickle and I switch often. I cracked open another Cellcosmet scrub sample and this is great. I'm also trying to finish off Sircuitskin and am planning on buying the Astara daily scrub. Other than that PTR Botanical Buffing Beads is also nice.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |