Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Teen Acne Update
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

My son has been using Ice Elements for almost a month... He started by adding in the normal to oily Age Defiance kit at night while using the other products that he was using to slowly switch over and is currently using the following Ice Elements products, exclusively:

AM:
Gel cleanser
Anti-Aging Serum
Moisturizer

PM:
Radiance cleanser
Acne serum
Souffle
Anti-Aging Serum

The Anti-Aging Serum has unfiltered tea tree oil it in, which helps acne, as well as hydrating properties, so he is able to get away with the moisturizer only in the day. It has an SPF 15 (not broad spectrum) so unless he is going to be out in the sun, he is covered.

He also has the 2 Minute Miracle which has been too hot and humid to use since we received it, but he will be using it this evening. Brenda, the Ice Elements Esthetician stated that if he applies a light coat and puts a cool towel over it and lets it sit for 20 minutes once a week that this will help with the redness, along with using it to exfoliate 3x a week.

While he still has a lot of redness, especially on his forehead, his acne has improved so much that he is actually going to get his hair cut!!! His acne was so severe that he had breakouts on top of breakouts on his forehead, as well as breakouts sporadically around his face.

Let me tell you, his hair is way past his eyes... He has very thick dark hair so it is looking really funky right now... Image

The amount of change in his skin so far is incredible and so much more than any other product that he has tried thus far. We can actually see his skin on his forehead now!

Thanks to Image Brenda and Shelly Image of Ice Elements, the regimin that they came up with for him is simple enough that he has been following it well. Image

I am very excited for him as we have tried sooo many products and he is finally starting to be happy with the way that he looks.

I will post again with another update soon.

Take care.
Bosoxy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
bumping this up for another poster.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the Acne Remedy Kit because your posts(just waiting for the kit to arrive) . Smile I have a pretty good regime right now but I figured I could always use a boost. I so hope this kit works out. I'll keep you posted. Frankie and Shelly have amazing customer service.

It is really sweet of you to help your son with skin care. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Ohh I see. Great stuff. Could you please tell me the amount of acne your son had? Mine, you can see skin on his head, I mean there isn't that much acne. I'd say in total there are 10ish noticable pimples and many smaller ones. I'm just afraid he's going to scar.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Yen,

I hope that you have good luck with that!

Parent saver,

His acne was so severe that he had breakouts on top of breakouts on his forehead, as well as breakouts sporadically around his face.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry to hear that Bosoxy. I guess I shouldn't be fussing about his acne problem. I guess he doesn't have it that bad.

This may be a little off topic but my son has hair in between his eyebrows. It's starting to form a unibrow. Obviously I don't want that happening but my son thinks I'm taking it over the top by wanting to pluck them? Am I? Oh and I heard from my hairdresser that plucking hair from your face before you're fully grown (+18 years old) can be very bad as your bone structure has not completely developed yet.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

Even if your son doesn't have that big of a problem it would be a good idea to get it as much under control as possible now so that it does not get worse, as it may at about this age. Plus it will help to avoid any scaring.

For hair growing between the brows, if it bothers him there is a mini trimmer that looks like a pen... I cannot recall the name of it. There is one that is marked for women that is either pink or purple and another one that is marketed for men that has a light on it that looks simple enough to use.

Here is a link to one (I have never ordered from here, just using the link as an example)

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/final-touch-trimmer.html

Take care.
Bosoxy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
When he's old enough, you could get him permanent hair removal (electrolysis, laser, etc.). It wouldn't be too expensive for such a small area, and, most importantly, there would be no need for regular plucking/trimming, which can be a huge pain! The time he would save, he could work to pay you back. Wink

Parentsaver wrote:
... This may be a little off topic but my son has hair in between his eyebrows. It's starting to form a unibrow. Obviously I don't want that happening but my son thinks I'm taking it over the top by wanting to pluck them? Am I? Oh and I heard from my hairdresser that plucking hair from your face before you're fully grown (+18 years old) can be very bad as your bone structure has not completely developed yet.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Will that damage his skin?
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
If electrolysis or laser hair removal are done properly, there should be no damage. You would want to go to a reliable, well-established place to have the treatment done. I have heard of cases of damage being done at cheap places where untrained workers are doing the removal. You definitely want to avoid places like that. Check the credentials of the person who will be performing the treatment.

http://www.hairfacts.com/infosource.html

Parentsaver wrote:
Will that damage his skin?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
That is very interesting, I will be sure to look into it. Thanks Jeannine.
annak212nyc
5% products discount

Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
You should really try Best Bath Store's acne treatment gel at bestbathstore(dot)com it's the only thing that has ever kept me clear even during my period and I've tried evetything else. I bet if you email them they'll send you a free sample like some other board members have reported. Hope it works for him!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Let me just say as a teenager who had acne, a big THANK YOU for being such a great mom! My mom was like this (but unfortunately didn't have this great resource and got suckered into some scammy products L'essence D'eau? pfft). Anyways, it's means SO much to have someone watch out for you because it really hampers everything you do - it's almost unbelieveable.

I didn't put my hand up in class, tried to not be the center of attention, hated when my name was called, hated when photos were taken of me all because of the acne.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |