Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anyone use Ole Henriksen products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Just curious. The "3 Little Wonders" sound great in theory, but was curious if anyone here has used these products with success or not? Any opinions? Thanks in advance!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I've used the ati-aging cream (glycolic acid) and the pore purifying face mask. It was ok but IMO overpriced. I use Dr. H clay mask for purifying now.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for replyig agent 00! Maybe I will do some more research or try samples first.
prs
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I like the results of the pore refining mask (it has a another word in the title) which is kaolin based. My one consideration with it was that it's very heavily scented--for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I got the kit/package for oily skin a while ago & I thought it was ok...but I honestly thought it would be a lot better seing as so many celebs with gorgeous skin claim to use his products! But overall I would have to say I prefer brands like Dr H, Decleor & Jurlique etc...which I find a lot less irritating on my skin.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone. I would love it if these 3 products could be my holy grail! I will try to get samples first, seeing as most seem to say it is just "ok"!
LaLa
5% products discount

Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
My husband and I both like the 3 Little Wonders a lot, especially the toner and Sheer Transformation. The toner smells SO divine, just like cucumber. Sheer Transforamtion has a really nice silky texture and not greasy at all.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:18 am      Reply with quote
I looked at them, they look pure - nice ingredients - but I just couldnt buy them on principle because they look so desperately over priced. I really see that line is going for cult status, through charging mega bucks.

It puts me right off.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I went to TJ Maxx a couple of weeks ago and saw several Ole Henrickson products for about 50% off.
suzielap
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I got Ole Henriksen samples with my last order and didn't really care for this brand. The scent of the moisturizers reminded me of sunscreen and I didn't like how it felt when I put it on.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Any good experiences with his blueberry mask?
niklaslin

Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:36 am      Reply with quote
I'v tested many of Ole Henriksen products. The best for my oily skin was "Ole Henriksen Vitamin Plus Balancing Creme". My skin looked fresher and lighter. And the con-tense smelled and felt comfortable.
But you cant use it "forever", but a few months could do good for your skin.

"Sheer Transformation Creme" -I so no effect
"Re-Start Anti-Aging Serum" - I so no effect, dull smell.
"Aloe Vera Deep Cleanser" - Quite good cleanser!
"Grease Relief Face Tonic" - Feels good and clean.
"Invigorating Night Gel" - Interesting feels like it works. Not bad.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
The only product I have used in this line is Ole Henriksen Express The Truth Creme.

I am very impressed with the ingredients, consistency and fragrance of this moisturizer. It is very light but hydrating. I would only recommend it for very dry skin. Applied at night my skin was very smooth in the morning. Dry, dehydrated lines seemed much improved. The fragrance is hard to explain but light. Strong, floral type fragrance gives me headaches. I found the smell of this cream pleasant and fresh. Lovely product for dry skin. My skin only requires a product like Express The Truth in winter months.

Description:
This Ultra Hydrating rich texture Crème is packed with natures most powerful antioxidants like Ester C and African Red Tea which help to calm and sooth skin as well as fight off environmental aggressors and free radical damage. Dry skin will be hydrated, lifted and protected utilizing a synergy of ingredients like all natural Macadamia nut oil, a deeply nourishing extract that works to repair skin during the night and Polylysine a unique all natural peptide that greatly improves skins elasticity and **muscle tone which inhibit deep wrinkles from forming.

** IMO a moisturizer can't improve muscle tone**

Ingredients:
African Red Tea, Ester C, Macadamia Nut Oil, Polylysine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Zinc, Copper and Manganese Gluconate

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I'm the same way about price - this stuff doesn't look remarkable enough to get hooked to. I got several samples with an EDS order and I doubt I'll ever use them - anyone who wants 'em is welcome, just PM me.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the 3 miracles kit as well and was not terribly impressed.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:49 am      Reply with quote
It's ok for me about 3 little wonder but I think I can buy other brand that cheaper and more effective.
beti
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I was really excited to try out Ole Henriksen's 3 little wonders but after a week my skin felt and looked rough. I stopped using them immediately and my skin is going back to normal again.
The invigorating night gel in combinatin with the sheer transformation creme at first made my skin feel so smooth and soft but then after a few days I think it was just too much for me.
I didn't really like the truth serum, although the texture was lovely and sinks right in it looked like it made my pores a bit larger and it made my skin flaky.
Maybe I am supposed to stick it out and wait for my brilliant skin to emerge but I'm not game enough - the rough look to my skin scared me!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the consensus here--you can get products with similar ingredients for a lot less. That said, I'm happy to use my samples when traveling...
moonshadow
5% products discount

Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:04 am      Reply with quote
I got the sample and hope the result will be good
SusanSkin
5% products discount

Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:05 am      Reply with quote
I have never used any of his products but I went on to his website to check out the story behind the product line and wasn't very impressed. It seems that the man behind the company does not have any experience in the skin care market or cosmetics. I know this line is very successful but it seems to be a line that was started not out of knowledge, but out of marketing.
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of the pure perfection to use at night for the eye area. Its OK, a little thick but hasn't done anything spectacular yet. It was a 3ml sample so quite generous. I realise that nothing really gets results overnight - especially with the eye area. I'll keep using it anyway until I can find something else to try.
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I've tried the Truth Serum which is nothing special. The Apricot Cleansing Cream is fairly nice. The Chamomile Cream, which is a custom blend only available at the spa, is the one thing that I like. It has a fresh scent and is a nice light moisturizer for normal skin like mine.
barley
5% products discount

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm using the Firm Action Pore Refining Mask and I enjoy the scent of it. The texture is nice and it works ok. Not sure whether I'll repurchase though Question
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:59 am      Reply with quote
i think i would like ole henriksen products, when i was in my 20s..
- nice ingredients
- smells (mostly) good
- nice packaging and marketing ("natural"...)
- price tag is "ok", whenever - imo - clearly overpriced...

i tried
- cleanser for combo skin
- matching toner
- vitamin c serum and the
- pore refining mask.
there was no improvement on my wrinkled aged skin...

the shower gel smells nice, but the body lotion i dont really like.

for me no reason to repurchase any of those items ..
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:12 am      Reply with quote
I was less than impressed with the vitamin C serum and Sheer Transformation Creme. Just the fact that the C serum comes in a transparent bottle should be a reason good enough to stay away from it.

Ole Henriksen products are marketed as "natural products", which I believe is a big exaggeration.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |