Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Janna
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
At one time, the company did sell used spa/facial equipment on consignment. I am not sure if they do so now since their name change. James can confirm this.

By the way, I am loving my Quasar. Will be doing my 3rd treatment in about 3 days. Smile

Janna
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
well the website is there, I'm not making this up, peter is i think peter nesbitt, and the website is last modified in november.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:
well the website is there, I'm not making this up, peter is i think peter nesbitt, and the website is last modified in november.

Thanks for the links.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't think you were making it up, hon. I was looking at the Advanced Therapeutics website and couldn't find evidence of what I thought you were saying. Thank you for posting the links - it clarified your questions for me Wink .
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
@Katee... Smile, I just assumed you knew about those websites... i still hope I will hear from james about my question?
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
So does Katee get a prize for starting the longest thread ever?
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:
@Katee... Smile, I just assumed you knew about those websites... i still hope I will hear from james about my question?

Our company is not selling youthlite. The websitewww.photoskincare.com is a subsidiary that resells used equipment and other products as well as upgrades. Basically an outlet for other things/services in the industry.

AdvanThera.com is the website that is home for the Quasar SP, Baby, etc.

Hope this answered the question?

If you have questions that are off topic, it may be best to just email me like you have in the past. I have pretty much answered in a timely fashion. I don't want small distractions to get in the way of what you all are really focused on.

James
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
deleted for now.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi James, I will email you if that is more convenient, still you didn't answer my original question, how can in the newspage people being warned about Youthlight and yet sold bywww.photoskincare.com ? which sell Quasar and uses the same phonenumber as your company? why would you want to be linked to that?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:04 am      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:
Hi James, I will email you if that is more convenient, still you didn't answer my original question, how can in the newspage people being warned about Youthlight and yet sold bywww.photoskincare.com ? which sell Quasar and uses the same phonenumber as your company? why would you want to be linked to that?

From looking at that website I do understand your concerns hkyarrington. I also would like your question answered. Surely James will let you (us) know.
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
hkyarrington wrote:

From looking at that website I do understand your concerns hkyarrington. I also would like your question answered. Surely James will let you (us) know.

Youthlite has been out of business for quite some time now. Our photoskincare.com subsidiary is doing a justice for those who had bought in to Youthlite. First, photoskincare.com is the only company (I know of) that will do "upgrades" to their old Youthlite. No one else will touch them. Some would be out thousands upon thousands. Second, it is a site for reselling old devices. While photoskincare.com hasn't sold a Youthlite in a long time, the marker is still there.

There is no concern for photoskincare.com to be "linked" to this, and then the phone number is also connected to our company. People who had Youthlite and want to talk to a company or person who has had experience, or has been educated about the situation, want an outlet or actual person to talk to. Some are jaded, but just glad that there is sooooomeone to talk to and they typically will purchase new devices (from the Quasar line) or have photoskincare.com send out their Youthlite to receive an upgrade.

I guess it is all a matter of perspective. I talk to several previous Youthlite customers a month. You always hear "I can't get a hold of anyone from the manufacturer.... I'm glad I finally found a place to call.... etc." I'm sure at some point that Youthlite will no longer be on there after they begin to completely disappear from the market, but it is a place for people to go in the meantime.

Photoskincare.com was a company that was started by our CEO and stayed through the transitions over the years.

BTW - The "scam" in reality was the pyramid type scheme that was set up in the sales. The actual device was pretty good for it's time. It's not like it didn't work. Again, the "scam" was the whole selling system.

e.g. Would you be ashamed of selling a used Honda if the company had a shady sales program? Probably not. If a company like Honda did that and went out of business, the cars still work. There are still people out there that need a place to go. Know what I mean?

Hope you got all that rambling. Late night, early morning.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much James for taking the time for that post. I for one found the sites very confusing (which caused concern). Your explaination made sense. Thanks again.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks James-And to take that further, if one pm's or emails you, they are then in the position of having to come back to the board and either copy your answer to post or relay their interpretation of your reply. Best if possible, just to go ahead and put the info out there rather that having to keep responding to each person so that everyone can read it. Just found that out thru the resty & botox questions! Laughing
LED devices seem to be a relatively new treatment as far as spas go. The last four I have visited and my regular med spa/derm have no clue. That's why I didn't ask about mixing the procedures.
It seems we are walking testimonials, rather than just reading data. All I can say is the results show, not a huge dramatic face lift, but SOMETHING. Subtle, makes people wonder what's going on with you kind of lift. (He/She looks happy, does she have a new man, job, etc., fill in the blanks.) And I think anyone can be happy with that. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I also think that if someone legitimately has a question, the appropriate (and courteous) thing to do is to ask it, and then allow the other party to answer. I've always found James to be remarkably responsive. I don't think I've ever heard a single complaint about AT's customer service from ANYONE !

But, it is also the fact that AT is a company and I assume that James has other things to do than just troll this board and give instantaneous answers, so it's important to have a little patience. (not to mention that we've just come from the biggest holiday period of the year Rolling Eyes ).

Constantly posting and demanding an answer implies that the person or entity you're questioning is somehow stonewalling you. That was NEVER the case here and James' answer just confirms what most of us already know about the company's remarkable concern for the satisfaction of it's clients.

(climbing down off my soapbox and smoothing out mah skirt Wink )
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
@katee, I'm sorry if you do not find me courteous.... I do have language problems, I'm Dutch married to an American, living in both places. I use my real name here by the way.... Also I did buy the Quasar SP on Ebay, so i think i can have questions... I didn't demand a answer right away but the answer james initially gave wasn't an answer... Ofcourse it is important from what company you buy from, a brand is a brand... (what makes me wonder why the brandnameis not on the machine, but I will ask James that and other questions directly on email if it is inappropiate to do so here). In any event, I'm 36 years, have 2 kids, one of them a little baby, who has been sick, so I'm really tired, I did find that after using the Quasar, I felt all refreshed and I'm not looking tired at all... Smile
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:50 am      Reply with quote
@ james thanks for answering, and i do see your point of view and yes by nature I'm critical (all Dutch are). One of those products from diode dynamic are identical I bought over a year ago, and went up pricewise from 350 to 700-800... the appliance never changed. So we are back to branding and trust... as far as I know as I'm not a technician, I should rely on what you say it does, and you are not the inventor. In any event, I do not want to stirrup things, I will do my try out of the Quasar:) and will email you or call you with my other questions I have... Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Hkyarrington-Sorry about your sick baby. My babies are always grumpy when they are sick (one being hubby, the other in college), and my son still calls me with a pitiful/fussy voice when he's sick. Wants to share in the misery I guess. Even though he has an extremely gorgeous and capable girlfriend who rushes to the drugstore/grocery store to get him whatever he needs.
One of my hubby's best friend is dutch, so I understand your posts just fine.
My point is, after all that, the fact that the SP made your face feel refreshed. That's the main result I try to make to describe to people when they ask me what the Quasar's do. It's like when you get a facial and your face glows and you feel a few years younger. Smile That's the best way to describe the benefits for me.
Thanks James and Alex for taking the time to answer our questions on a busy schedule. Katee has a very good point there, you do run a company and I am sure it's very time consuming.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
@annie my girl is 16 months and I think she is teething, crying so hard, very sad, and getting the red butt.. and fever... Not a good sign though that even when they are older and sick they keep you busy :P~~~

Look I will have an open eye and will be curious with here and there some critical thoughts;)

I think this is a great site, originally I came here because I was trying to find out info in regard to a certain product and then I find this forum about the amazing Quasar and the other about the Nuface and bought them both ... eeks:) it sets of some worries spending some substantial money ... the nuface hasn't arrived yet, I will be very curious about that too. And yes You and Kate are right, at least we get feedback from them AT, I haven't seen that from Nuface:)
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
hkyarrington, I personally am glad that you re-asked your question. I noticed too that it wasn't answered at first, and that was a bit frustrating. I'm happy now to have the real answer.

--from another critical-thinking Dutch person. Very Happy
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
btw here is some lady writing about the quasar and LED/Infrared therapy
http://ageless-beauty.blogspot.com/
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
hkyarrington, I personally am glad that you re-asked your question. I noticed too that it wasn't answered at first, and that was a bit frustrating. I'm happy now to have the real answer.

--from another critical-thinking Dutch person. Very Happy

yes me too:) You are Dutch too? That's funny, those Dutch are everywhere;) How long do you live here? Do you go back often?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I also think that if someone legitimately has a question, the appropriate (and courteous) thing to do is to ask it, and then allow the other party to answer. I've always found James to be remarkably responsive. I don't think I've ever heard a single complaint about AT's customer service from ANYONE !

Katee, I do agree. However AT's response to hkyarrington did not answer her question and concerns. Perhaps James did not understand her question. He was very kind to explain it to perfection today.

Yes, James and AT has been absolutely wonderful! I have had several questions and James has always been there for me when I have called. The only reason I asked for his reply to hkyarrington was so he did not have to repeat himself many times in emails. I also wanted an answer to her concerns.

In regard to AT being great to us, we also have been wonderful to AT. If it was not for EDS I would have never purchased the BQ (which I love). AT has received a tremendous amount of business through EDS. Surely James is more than glad to address our concern. Sometimes running a business can be a royal pain but hopefully one reaps the rewards.

Thank you hkyarrington for being persistant. You did what so many times I want to do. Rolling Eyes
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I don't know what the blog writer's qualifications are, but I don't agree with everything she's said. I think she is generalizing too much between the different types of equipment (lazer, LED, IPL etc). I don't believe that LED therapy causes damage to the underlying tissue; I think that devices which use thermal energy such as laser do that, but the Quasar devices do not use that kind of wavelength.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
You are Dutch too? That's funny, those Dutch are everywhere;) How long do you live here? Do you go back often?

I am 3rd generation Dutch...my grandparents came from(I know I'll spell this wrong) Freisland in northern Holland. I have some of the Dutch nature though, except for spending money. I love to spend money! Laughing I have visited Holland twice, staying with friends in Utrecht both times. I think it is a perfectly lovely country and the people are so open-minded and cosmopolitan. My goodness, most people we met there spoke 4-5 languages quite fluently! Shock Puts me to shame...
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:12 am      Reply with quote
@winnie: you are a very nice&gentle person... it's hard to ask questions, I do not want to offend anybody ...but they are there in my head
;0,

@annie, You know technically more than I do ... I put up the link because I found it searching for info, I do not know who she is either, but it got her attention. Do you think now that the GentleWaves got clearance from the FDA,this technique gets a lot of attention now?

@pocoloco, Yes Friesland, it's beautiful farmland. Utrecht is a very nice city (well for an American probably more a big village). My husbands works a lot in Europe so we have an appartment in Amsterdam, this way i still can see my family&friends once in a while.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |