Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks hkyarrington!

When I was researching this LED stuff months ago the GentleWaves stuck out as the one device that truly had some evidence behind it. It is good to know that they finally got FDA approval. It really sounds to me that the GentleWaves device itself got FDA approval to treat wrinkles around the eyes and rhytids (whatever they are). As for the other devices, I really hope someone knows exactly if they have any kind of FDA approval and if so what for.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I know that lasers are safe in terms of skin cancer (checked with the expert in Sloan Kettering). Does it apply to LED devices?

I think tests has been done and LED is much less evasive than other lasers (they can destroy tissue) and seems to work, I'm not sure yet if it's been approved for that purpose yet.

Lumenis has a machine ClearLight developed approved by FDA for use for Acne. So in terms of safety I think its use must be safe.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
well you see I'm not a technician, Clearlight might be a IPL, pff all these different lasers:). But in terms of new things being approved and coming out, LED's are certain very exciting and useful.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Also, I could have sworn that I saw somewhere that the Quasar products were FDA approved (at least as "safe").

I read this same thing somewhere recently. But the caveat was that "FDA approved" only means the device is safe and does not mean that it works for its intended purpose.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco do you have any clue what the term "approved as safe by the FDA means". Does it mean that the device won't catch fire, etc? Does it mean that it won't cause skin damage? Or does it mean that the company had to submit all sorts or safetly studies to prove that in the long run there will be no ill effects or side effects from using the device?
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm afraid I don't know what that really means either, Theresa. It could mean that LED's in genral were FDA approved to not cause skin damage, and that this phrase is being applied to the various LED devices on the market.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I think what it means is the LEDs in the machine itself is approved as safe and to use for pain & acne. I think companies get an FDA approval/clearance number once approved.

Annie has mentioned on this thread, that FDA approval is a long administrative route, so it doesn't mean that when not given the product itself is safe to use..
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I believe that safety means that it will not burn you, is UL certified, etc.

What about long term exposure to the waves?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Advanced Therapeutics wrote:
rubby wrote:
This is completely off topic Rolling Eyes . . .

But I'm almost ready to order my BQ so I have a question:
Has anybody ordered BQ (directly from AT) from Canada? I am curious about shipping costs, customs fees & taxes.
Please let me know. (BTW, I'm in Toronto)

Thanks a million!!

Rubby Smile

Very popular question, so I will post to the best of my ability.

I haven't had a customer yet report that they have been taxed or had customs fees attached. Lucky I guess.

To date, I have only had one international shipping issue. Ironically, it was to Canada. I am hoping that Canada's post didn't lose the package. This disturbs me a great deal as we typically have quick and flawless shipping experiences. Furthermore, it bothers me from a Customer Experience/Service perspective. While I know people understand WE are not the ones carrying to your door, I hate when experiences are not consistent.

Rubby I live in Ontario and mine is on its way by UPS. Will let you know if I get taxed.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
FoxyMama1 wrote:

Rubby I live in Ontario and mine is on its way by UPS. Will let you know if I get taxed.

Thanks MoxyMama! UPS usually has hefty handling charges you have to pay when you receive your package Sad. Did you buy your BQ through AT or through E-bay. I generally try to avoid UPS as I don't have good experience with them (very expensive).
I do hope things work out well for you.
Please let me know about taxes and duty.
Rubby Smile
P.S. I hope you achieve great results with your new Baby Wink

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
FoxyMama1 wrote:

Thanks MoxyMama! UPS usually has hefty handling charges you have to pay when you receive your package Sad. Did you buy your BQ through AT or through E-bay. I generally try to avoid UPS as I don't have good experience with them (very expensive).
Rubby Smile

We ship USPS (United States Postal Service) not UPS, which may be why it has always been a favorable delivery for our international customers.

For the first time though, there are two packages that USPS seems to be toying with that is angering me. But I'm on it. I just hate when something as simple as shipping gets in the way of a customer's experience.

-J
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Advanced Therapeutics wrote:
rubby wrote:
FoxyMama1 wrote:

Rubby Smile

We ship USPS (United States Postal Service) not UPS, which may be why it has always been a favorable delivery for our international customers.

For the first time though, there are two packages that USPS seems to be toying with that is angering me. But I'm on it. I just hate when something as simple as shipping gets in the way of a customer's experience.

-J

Thanks James....My mistake, it's sent USPS not UPS, and I am still waiting. James has been great with his emails and is helping me along. Rubby, I have a BQ too, and this was sent USPS and I didn't have to pay any taxes or duty. I am hoping it would be the same for the Quasar SP. Will keep you posted.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
FoxyMama1 wrote:

Thanks James....My mistake, it's sent USPS not UPS, and I am still waiting. James has been great with his emails and is helping me along. Rubby, I have a BQ too, and this was sent USPS and I didn't have to pay any taxes or duty. I am hoping it would be the same for the Quasar SP. Will keep you posted.

Both BQ snd QSP!!! !!! Boy, you'll have some toys to play with .
I hope it all goes well with your shippment and you get to play soon Wink.
R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
FoxyMama1 wrote:

Both BQ snd QSP!!! !!! Boy, you'll have some toys to play with .
I hope it all goes well with your shippment and you get to play soon Wink.
R. Smile

I just received my Quasar SP, just thrilled to bits. James I hope you read this! Thanks for keeping me calm....lol.

Rubby, yes I love toys Embarassed Just can't wait for the evening! Laughing By the way no Taxes or duty, so go ahead and order yours....it does make a differance! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Yayyyy for you! I think you'll just love it. I couldn't be more pleased with mine Very Happy
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:53 am      Reply with quote
FoxyMama1 wrote:

Rubby, yes I love toys Embarassed Just can't wait for the evening! Laughing By the way no Taxes or duty, so go ahead and order yours....it does make a differance! Wink

WOOHOO! That's a reason to celebrate (and play Wink ).

Good to hear there were no taxes or duty charged. I'll be ordering soon!! Pray

Thanks, R. Smile

ejthomas
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Keliu and fifi, thanks for your responses. Now I just have to start saving my pennies...
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I hope you enjoy your BQ when you do get it - it's really worth it!!
aramel
5% products discount

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am seriously thinking of ordering the BQ. My son has terrible acne and is currently doing the peels, on RX creams and retinol. They are showing some improvement but as you can imagine, not to his likings. (getting a boy to stay with anything cosmetic without immediate results it trying to say the least).

I am hoping to give this a try , using the BQ on clean dry skin and then creams thereafter. Do you think this would be the proper steps?
TLL
5% products discount

Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
hi dose any one know what the min age you should use the BQ on
thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
TLL wrote:
hi dose any one know what the min age you should use the BQ on
thanks

It is not so much your age but what issues you are trying to address.

For example: My issues were post op pain, facial skin firmness, daughters acne.
TLL
5% products discount

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
thanks again winnie i am thinking about buying one for my self for skin firming and more even skin tone and to help with my pores my daugher is eleven and starting to get some break out well i am still talking myself into buying one and after reading this form i am pretty close
thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
TLL wrote:
thanks again winnie i am thinking about buying one for my self for skin firming and more even skin tone and to help with my pores my daugher is eleven and starting to get some break out well i am still talking myself into buying one and after reading this form i am pretty close
thanks

The BQ does make my face firmer and has helped with my post op ankle pain. My adult daughter has problems with acne. If she uses the BQ every other day her skin has been staying breakout free. Smile With the Baby Q you need to be consistant. My daughter did not use it for a few weeks over the holidays. Her acne returned.

James at Advanced T told me that the BLUE light is wonderful for acne. I have never tried the BLUE. You really should call the company as James is extremely helpful with answering questions.

Getting your daughter on a good skin care routine at such an early age will reap rewards for her. You will find a lot of great information on EDS. Good luck.
TLL
5% products discount

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
winne, how did the BQ help with you ankle pain?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I was talking to James about using BQ on my 10-year old daughter (she has nasty eczema all over, but her face is the worst). James said it was OK to use BQ on such a young client and that he was using it on a 9-year old child also for eczema. He also said that many teens and pre-tens use BQ for acne.

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |