Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
manon
5% products discount

Mon May 28, 2007 1:40 am      Reply with quote
I'm seriously considering buying the baby quasar and have written several emails to James and Alex from Advanthera but they never wrote me back Sad

I'm now considering buying from ebay. Is this an ok place to buy a product like this from?

I also live in Australia and therefore require a Australian adapter.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 3:56 am      Reply with quote
manon wrote:
I'm seriously considering buying the baby quasar and have written several emails to James and Alex from Advanthera but they never wrote me back Sad

I'm now considering buying from ebay. Is this an ok place to buy a product like this from?

I also live in Australia and therefore require a Australian adapter.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

I also live in Australia and I bought mine from Ebay - it is the same company that sells them (Advanced Theraputics). After you purchase, in the comments section, just ask for an Australian adaptor. I received my BQ very promptly.
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
If you buy it from e-bay, you will still be buying it from Alex (I believe)-- it is still Advan thera.
I also e-mailed them twice and did not receive a response.
But when I telephoned-- they spoke to me at length....and were very helpful and gracious.
I suggest you call them!
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
I too have emailed them and am also in Australia. I guess I will call them to get answers.
But now after getting the skinrevsion newletter here in Australia I am seriously considering the Fraxel Laser. Sounds good and just what I need.
manon
5% products discount

Tue May 29, 2007 12:06 am      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
I too have emailed them and am also in Australia. I guess I will call them to get answers.
But now after getting the skinrevsion newletter here in Australia I am seriously considering the Fraxel Laser. Sounds good and just what I need.

Hi Katebargold. What is Fraxel Laser exactly? Is is better then the baby quasar? I'm starting to get age spots on my hands and legs and I want to get the rid of them. What would be better the baby Quasar or Fraxel Laser?
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 12:12 am      Reply with quote
There have been a few posts about it on here already. Sorry I don't know how to post links. I belong to blog/newsletter here in Australia and theytalked about it I will post the link if thats allowed
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 2:55 am      Reply with quote
Just do a search for "Fraxel Laser" and you will find opinions from those members that have had the treatment. It doesn't compare to the BQ because it's performed in a doctor's surgery by suitably qualified personnel, it's not a home use device. Plus it's very expensive - about AUD$1,500 for 1 treatment and most doctors recommend that you have between 3 to 6.
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,

I hope you all had an eventful Memorial Day weekend! We at AdvanThera try our best to be available at all hours of the day but sadly have to take time off to be with our families. I will do my best to answer any unanswered questions from the weekend as quickly as possible. If anyone feels I've missed their question please resend to Alex@AdvanThera.com.

Make it a Great Day!
Alex

mariah wrote:
If you buy it from e-bay, you will still be buying it from Alex (I believe)-- it is still Advan thera.
I also e-mailed them twice and did not receive a response.
But when I telephoned-- they spoke to me at length....and were very helpful and gracious.
I suggest you call them!
ljung
5% products discount

Wed May 30, 2007 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I'm selling my BQ on ebay. I bought it from Advance Therapeutics on ebay some time ago. Like the previous poster, I just don't have the time. Take care.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Anyone still using their BabyQ????
Happy with it? No?
Affecting or not affecting their botox/fillers if they have any?
Getting results still????
Thanks.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Still using it, just not directly on the filler areas. I use it every week to 10 days. Still happy enough with it, helps my sinuses drain and plumps my skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Quasar SP and love it. I've posted previously about my use. In addition to using it on my face, I've used it on muscles / pain to excellent effect!

I should use it more regularly. I have it set up near my couch and use it while I'm watching TV. The only problem is I have glasses, so I have to stop and remove my glasses to do areas close to my eyes (plus, I close my eyes for that!). I have goggles but I don't use them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I'm hooked! Where can I buy the baby Quasar? Where is the website address??? You said it can firm up skin too? Send us some before and after photos! Smile That would be great!

Cheers.

katee wrote:
Early in the Spring, my older sister gave me a really great gift, which I think I've mention here. It was a certificate for a series of 8 Gentle Waves treatments. The deal is that you go in once per week for a microdermabrasion followed by a 90 second Gentle Waves treatment. The Gentle Waves is basically photorejuvenation light therapy - pulsing orange light.

I couldn't have been more delighted with the results! My skin really loved it - all plumped and firm and glowy. Some docs do the Gentle Waves two times per week for 5 weeks for a total of 10 treatments, without the microdermabrasion (obviously some skin can't tolerate that much microdermabrasion !!!).

After the initial series, the maintenance schedule my derm recommended was a microderm followed by the GW every 6 to 8 weeks. The series of eight treatments cost my sis $550 and I would have been happy to pay that sum for a year's worth of maintenance...

But, actually, my rave isn't for the Gentle Waves series!!! Well, actually it IS, but when I was talking to my derm about how much I loved the results, she said to me - "OK look - this probably isn't in my best interest, but I'm going to clue you in to something. She proceeded to tell me about a device made by this outfit called Advanced Therapeutics. They make a professional photorejuvenation device called the Quasar. The Quasar has 24 LEDs (light emitting diodes) utilizing “four different” wavelengths in the red to infrared wavelength range. It sells for $1,650 - thousands less than a Gentle Waves unit but wayyyyyy too rich for my blood.

However, they also make something called the Baby Quasar. The Quasar is to be used once per week - the Baby Quasar is to be used twice per week according to the manufacturers instructions. However, she told me to use it every other day. IT costs $800 on their website, but can be purchased via Amazon or on eBay from the guy who owns Advanced Therapeutics for $350-$400. One year warranty and a very generous return policy.

I was extremely skeptical, but she has never steered me wrong and is one of the foremost laser / light experts in the world. I figured what the hell - for $350 it was worth a try. If it was an utter failure (which, to be honest, is what I expected), I knew I could return it for nothing more than the cost of shipping.

Well, I just can't tell you how absolutely blown away I am by this thing!!! I've only used it four times and the results are more dramatic than the entire Gentle Waves series !!! You feel NOTHING at all - not even the minor sensation that's associated with microcurrent devices like NuFace. The very first time I used it, my entire face firmed right up. I have deep set eyes - after this, it looked like I had undergone a browlift or something ! The effect of the first treatment diminished after about 24 hours, but now, after four treatments, the results seem to persist.

For people who have moisture issues or problems with pigmentation, they recommend using a hyaluronic acid serum before the treatment (or a skin lightening serum if the issue is pigmentation). I normally don't have moisture problems, but after a weekend of non stop margaritas and no sleep, I decided to try it. HOLY SH*T!!! I swear my bf did a double take when I walked out of the bathroom. The results are truly amazing.

I am just so delighted by this thing! I had been reading about NuFace, but I have a Dermal Tone and I just wasn't convinced the NuFace was all that much better - especially given its price. The Dermal Tone is a pain in the neck, cause it has to be placed just right, etc etc., but it IS effective, albeit inconvenient. With this Baby Quasar, however, I think I can retire my Dermal Tone for good !
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Are you not happy with baby Quasar??? How much are you selling it??

Cheers.

ljung wrote:
I'm selling my BQ on ebay. I bought it from Advance Therapeutics on ebay some time ago. Like the previous poster, I just don't have the time. Take care.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
HI everyone - Okay have been using the Facemate for the last 2 weeks for 5 days out of 7. It really cleans the face well and makes it smooth. In the mornings I see a small lift and the nasolabial lines are less prominent. It hasn't done much for the lines around the eyes yet - am hoping it will.
I use the cleansing cycle, followed by the ultrasound cycle, followed by the microcurrent
cycle. The gadget did not come with instructions on what sequence to use and
whether you put your crems on before or after
the machine is used. For the price I'm pretty happy with it and am hoping to see more results
after a couple months. The bouts of acne do not surface anymore and I believe the creams penetrate better after it's used. Although I've had a small LED machine for 2 years, the
results were never cumulative, just temporary.
Will keep you apprised as time goes along.
DiPhx

Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Is anyone here interested in purchasing my baby quasar? After reading all the great reviews on this thread, I purchased one. And I loved it. But now, with my busy schedule and 3 precious children to care for, I just don't have time for it. I'm too tired by the end of the day. And my recent divorce to a husband going through his mid-life crisis after 17 years of marriage has been stressful. But I thank the Lord I have primary physical custody of my three children. I just don't have the time use my baby quasar. My baby quasar is in brand new condition along with the charger, yellow carry case, and pamphlets. I had purchased it from Amazon. Would anyone like to purchase it from me for $380 which includes shipping/handling? Please let me know.

Let me know,
Rita
manon
5% products discount

Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone help me with the following questions:

I have various very light coloured aged spots on my hands and legs.
Can you use the baby Quasar for that?

Also will it affect your botox and fillers?

Once the age spots are gone do you have to continue using the baby Quasar for maintenance?
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:37 am      Reply with quote
lonevoice wrote:
Hi, Sally. Looking back through the thread, it looks like you can find answers to most of your questions within the first 6 or so pages.

Regarding LED's not lighting up: The Baby Quasar uses both red and infrared LEDs. You will only be able to see the 12 red LEDs light up. Infrared is invisible to the human eye.

Regarding the indicator lights: When you click the button two times, you'll be on the Low Frequency mode. The manual calls this an orange indicator light. In fact, the indicator light looks fairly green, but if you check it out in darker room light, you can see an orange-ish tinge to the indicator light. In this mode, the LED's are supposed to pulse, or as you called it, flicker. If your BQ is doing this, then it's working exactly right.

How close to the eyes can it be used: Since it comes with goggles, that indicates that it shouldn't be used directly on the portion of the eyelid covering your eyeballs. Other than that, going mostly by what Katee's dermatologist who uses the Quasar technology told her:
Quote:
She said to keep my eyes closed when moving the device over and just under my eyebrow. The maker recommends wearing protective goggles but she said it isn't necessary. In fact, during the Gentle Waves treatments, again, the manufacturer provides goggles, but every practitioner I know just has you keep your eyes closed. The treatment is very beneficial to the eye area and the goggles would impede that...

Reading the more detailed reports in the first few pages of this thread, that appears to be the way most of the ladies are using the BQ around their eyes. But, as one user reported (scallawagrl), "Oh yeah, I wasn't super careful the first time using the light and my eye was pink this morning and right annoyed with me. I accidentally looked at the light while working around my eye. I was very prudent tonight...EYES CLOSED. So, take it from my dopey mistake - don't look into the light...". So, if you don't wear the goggles, be very careful.

In terms of frequency of useage, that question has been answered directly on this thread at various points by Peter Nesbitt (president of AdvanDerma), Alex, and James (reps of AdvanDerma). You can find Peter and Alex's answers in the first 6 pages, and James' answer to Marie a couple pages back from this one. How long you hold the BQ in each area (including the eye areas) depends on the treatment protocol you're using.

Good luck with your BQ! I hope you enjoy the results as much as I am. After 20+ treatments, I can truly say that I just become happier and happier with it. At least in my case, it has required patience and not expecting overnight miracles. But, it's one of the very very few skincare products I've tried about which I can honestly say putting in the time and effort produces definite results. My skin today looks about 20% better than it looked before I started BQ. I haven't added any other treatments or products during this time, so I can definitely credit the BQ with the improvements.

I got one, rereading old posts. This says it comes with goggles. Mine didn't. Anyone else get/didn't get goggles??
The instruction manual doesn't mention the goggles. I don't even see where it mentions the eyes, and how to deal with them. Odd.
By now, for that price, I think it should include a dvd for instructions/demonstration.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I believe they quit including goggles because in at least 1 person they were getting bad headaches or migraines from them. They just recommend not looking into the light.
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi Manon,
The Quasar should help with age spots since it increases new cell production. However if you used topical acids (glycolic, mandelic inc),a collagen enhancer like copper peptides (www.skinbiology.com) or Matrixyl (www.theherbarie.com), and also a lightening agent like Belides/daisy extract or kjoic acid (unsure of the correct spelling...www.gardenofwisdom.com sells both) with the Quasar, I think you'd see faster results. If you don't want to invest in a Quasar right now, you could still try those other things. And be sure to use sunscreen regularly from now on.
HTH
manon
5% products discount

Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
Hi Manon,
The Quasar should help with age spots since it increases new cell production. However if you used topical acids (glycolic, mandelic inc),a collagen enhancer like copper peptides (www.skinbiology.com) or Matrixyl (www.theherbarie.com), and also a lightening agent like Belides/daisy extract or kjoic acid (unsure of the correct spelling...www.gardenofwisdom.com sells both) with the Quasar, I think you'd see faster results. If you don't want to invest in a Quasar right now, you could still try those other things. And be sure to use sunscreen regularly from now on.
HTH
Thank you Chocolat!
I will give these products a try.
rosario
5% products discount

Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also selling my BabyQ. I used it perhaps 10x. But with my full work schedule and boyfreind around at night. It's hard to have time to use it. It's almost brand new.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Seems like a lot of people are selling these. Do you think they're finding it a disappointment? Is it a newthing/oldthing syndrome?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm not selling mine, nor have any intention to, but I use it now for maintenance, every 7-9 days instead of twice a week. If you don't have time to use it, or remember to, it can be an expensive gadget to store dust.
I have never used the eye goggles once, and I'll bet most people don't. It would be a way to keep the cost down by not including them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I'm not selling mine, nor have any intention to, but I use it now for maintenance, every 7-9 days instead of twice a week. If you don't have time to use it, or remember to, it can be an expensive gadget to store dust.
I have never used the eye goggles once, and I'll bet most people don't. It would be a way to keep the cost down by not including them.

I'm happy with mine too. I use it about three times a week and find it quite relaxing to use whilst watching TV. For those who can't spare the time, maybe the DPL from NCN Skincare is the way to go. I wonder how the specifications of both devices compare - anyone know?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |