Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I am still loving my Q. I used the BQ for months and loved it so much I upgraded to the Quasar SP. After I use it I look at least five years younger. My skin is firmer, nasal labial lines are hardly visible. The color of my skin looks fairer hmm and the tone more even. Does my face stay this way? Not!! I can't speak for lines and wrinkles as I have very few. My main concern is skin elasticity. It is worth it for me to use the Q three evenings a week to have my complexion look so nice. The Q was well worth the money for me. I find I don't try as many new products that come out as the light therapy does what many cream can't.

My suggestion is not to put your Q in a draw or closet Shame on you . I leave my little case right beside my TV chair. Once in the closet one is apt not to use it as often.

Being a mature woman the Q has worked noticeable wonders for me. I can't recommend it for everyone as we are all so different. I do know my daughter has found the BQ helpful for her breakouts.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, Did you see a big difference right off the bat, going from the BQ to the Q?

I'm still plugging away with the LightStim, and pretty happy with the results, but I would consider getting the "Q" if the results were fairly dramatic..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Winnie, Did you see a big difference right off the bat, going from the BQ to the Q?

I'm still plugging away with the LightStim, and pretty happy with the results, but I would consider getting the "Q" if the results were fairly dramatic..

Loved the Baby Q but find the Quasar SP to be a powerhouse. It takes me half the time to do my routine with the SP. I like the fact that it is very easy to do my neck and declotee.

Yes, I noticed a difference immediately with the SP. It is expensive but I knew I could return it if I was not wowed. The staff at AT has been awesome helping me fine tune my routine.

I suggest that anyone interested in the Quasar start with the Baby Q. There is a big difference in price (SP/BQ). You might just find the BQ takes care of all your needs. I find the SP is more powerful but not everyone needs that.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:

Loved the Baby Q but find the Quasar SP to be a powerhouse.

Yes, I noticed a difference immediately with the SP.

I suggest that anyone interested in the Quasar start with the Baby Q. I find the SP is more powerful but not everyone needs that.

I need it, I need it.... Exclamation

Crapolla, here I am just one day into the "new year", and there goes my "spend less" resolution...Lord have mercy, and save me from myself... Crying or Very sad Confused Sad

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the BQ over a year ago, loved it right away, and soon upgraded to the SP. I am 67(in 3 days) and love the effect the SP has on my complexion. I use it every other night, putting HA on first, I use it (like Winnie) wgeb I am waatching tv, so it is no big deal. Since starting to use them, I regularly get compliments on skin tone, "glow" etc..It may not work for some folks but it certainly has worked for me. It is great on muscle soreness and my achy elbows too. I definitely wont be putting mine in the drawer!

Ricky
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Good for you rickyhpierre, and Happy Birthday..

I have one question....Are you noticing "firming" with the SP? I'm expecially concerned with the jawline.

Thanks!
Kassy

leungmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I just ordered the baby quasar. Hope it could cure my acne redness on my face!!
diaan46
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:05 am      Reply with quote
Hello girls Very Happy

Can you help me out,.......I have the baby Quasar, butt I don't understand how tho use, do you have tho hold the baby above your face and hold it 20 seconds(counting all the time)move tho the next section (6 total).........Or must the device on the skin. And counting. And is it cover the hole 6 sections ?

What's the best way tho use ??
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:18 am      Reply with quote
diaan46 wrote:
Hello girls Very Happy

Can you help me out,.......I have the baby Quasar, butt I don't understand how tho use, do you have tho hold the baby above your face and hold it 20 seconds(counting all the time)move tho the next section (6 total).........Or must the device on the skin. And counting. And is it cover the hole 6 sections ?

What's the best way tho use ??

diaan46, you always have the Q on your skin. I had this file on my computer from AT.Note these directions might sound strange to you as they talk about the concentration cone. This file has directions for the professional model. However, you use the BQ in the same way. You should have received directions with your BQ.

Quote:
Light Facial Instructions

Divide the face into 6 sections.

First, split the face into left and right halves and then into three horizontal areas. Areas C & D extend under the chin and under the jaw line. Areas B & E extend to the base of the ears.
Ask the client if they have any areas that they want to concentrate on. When you start using the concentrating cone, this will be an important point. (See Instruction 10)
Plug the wall mounted power supply into approved outlet. Push the button at the back of the wand head twice. The machine should now be energized and the indicator light should be shining orange. You will see flashing red light. This is low frequency mode. *Note: This is for the first two treatments – following treatments start with high frequency – third mode – red indicator light)
The wand head should contact the skin so that minimal light escapes. It is not necessary to push down on the wand. The weight of the wand is pressure enough. If the client has extremely loose skin, slightly incline the leading edge of the wand head up to keep the skin from bunching up in front of the wand. You may tighten the skin with your other hand if you prefer. Starting at section A, move the wand very slowly (about an inch every 8 seconds) covering section A for two minutes or until the soft tone sounds, signaling you to move to the next section.
Next, move clockwise to section B. Slowly move the wand covering that section for two minutes.
Moving in a clockwise direction, treat section C, then section D, section E, and last, section F.
Now push the button on the back of the hand piece until the indicator light shines red. You are now on high frequency and ready to begin the second pass.
Treat all six areas (A-F) for two minutes each on the high frequency mode just as you did on low frequency mode.
Turn the unit off by pushing the button at the back of the wand head until indicator light does not shine. Grasp Concentrating Cone and slide over retaining cap, it should fit snugly. Turn the unit on by pushing the button until indicator light shines green and use the concentrating cone to treat difficult areas such as nose, nasal folds, around and between the eyes, and any other areas that the client wants extra attention on. Treat all these areas in a period of four minutes.
Push the button on the back of the wand until indicator light is not shining. You are now finished with the treatment. Total treatment time will vary depending on the amount of time you spend working on problem areas.

diaan46
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:59 am      Reply with quote
OK thanks so match Winnie Very Happy really appreciate your help.

Yes there wash a little folder butt it was not the info you give me. I have ask(Alex? ) because I wash afraid it wash not the original, but there company is changed.

The device is still the same,....that's why some ladies have a box with it, or a larger book, with instruction's or a serum, hahaha I have nothing of that all, butt it's the Baby Quasar!!!

Also if I putt my device on it go's first green(highest?)then pulses light orange(lowest?) then red. That's were I wash confused.

And I have tho count 8 seconds not 20.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:51 am      Reply with quote
diaan46 wrote:
OK thanks so match Winnie Very Happy really appreciate your help.

Yes there wash a little folder butt it was not the info you give me. I have ask(Alex? ) because I wash afraid it wash not the original, but there company is changed.

The device is still the same,....that's why some ladies have a box with it, or a larger book, with instruction's or a serum, hahaha I have nothing of that all, butt it's the Baby Quasar!!!

Also if I putt my device on it go's first green(highest?)then pulses light orange(lowest?) then red. That's were I wash confused.

And I have tho count 8 seconds not 20.

The Baby Q does not come with serum and just a small booklet. You do have the right device. Wink Advanced Thera was kind enough to send me more detailed instructions. Hope what I sent helps and good luck with your Baby. Smile

hotcakes
5% products discount

Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new to this forum, and I'm captivated by this BQ after reading a few pages of this LONG thread. Has anyone tried using the BQ for minimizing the appearance of cellulite, spider/varicose veins and double chin? And what were the results?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Questions for th SP users.

-Is it firming up the jaw line?

-Is it "much" faster + stronger than the BQ?

Thanks for your response.

brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, here is a nutty question for those of you experienced in all of this LED technology. Try to hold back your laughter and ridicule! Laughing

I just ordered a BQ and anxiously look forward to its arrival! I would love to see some improvement in aging and breakouts. I know the blue LEDs are reputed to kill bacteria so I would love to compliment my BQ with that type of light as well. Now my weird, probably incredibly ignorant question...I was given a Litebook (litebook.com) by a friend, which is traditionally used to treat Seasonal Affective Disorder; I tried it with the hopes of increasing energy (it does help, by the way).

I remembered that the Litebook is based on LED technology so I went and looked up the details on the company's website. It states:
"Since the LEDs in The Litebook® produce light with a peak in the effective wavelengths of 465 nms...",

So.....I am wondering if I could use it to treat my breakouts??? The new Baby Blue Quasar has wavelengths around 420 nms, and the Anti-Acne Lightstim has blue wavelengths around 450 nms. By the way, the light emitted from the Litebook is bright white and not blue-ish at all, if that makes a difference.

Now, I am just playing around with all of this info. in my head and am totally uneducated in this area, so I could be totally off here.
So, what do you think? Any chance of it helping or am I just gonna look like a dope holding this light panel up to my face???!!! Laughing
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Brenpatsa, I think that's an excellent question! Thanks for asking it. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Very intriguing. I hope some of the more experienced members step in to answer this question.
diaan46
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Hello dear girls, well I like it, at last the topic is rolling again, I have used the baby every other day, butt it's tho soon tho tell.

I found the counting,12345678,next 12345678 next ,pfff Sad exhausting. and I don't now for sure I do it right and cover all the skin, every step.

So next time I look in the mirror tho see.

It feel good, and for a few hours it's gives a tightly feeling. Butt not dry. I putt HA serum on. and yesterday Emu oil. I like them both.

Also I am trying it out in the morning with vitamin C serum. I am still on the experiment way hahaha
canadagal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Ok I have a serious question.

I have just recently noticed that only one row of bulbs are lighting up when I use the BQ. I swear they all used to light up. Am I crazy? Even when I use the different settings the same line is the only line lit up.

Can someone please confirm how many bulbs (all?) are lit up when they are using the BQ.

This is really stressing me as I bought it 11 months ago and it is way too expensive to be having any problems and difficutly trying to exchange it.

Thanks!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:41 am      Reply with quote
canadagal wrote:

I have just recently noticed that only one row of bulbs are lighting up when I use the BQ. I swear they all used to light up. Am I crazy? Even when I use the different settings the same line is the only line lit up.

Can someone please confirm how many bulbs (all?) are lit up when they are using the BQ.

This is really stressing me as I bought it 11 months ago and it is way too expensive to be having any problems and difficutly trying to exchange it.

Thanks!

I don't have the BQ now as I upgraded to the SP. All of the bulbs do not light up and not suppose to. On the SP 12 light and 12 show no light. I am not a technical person but know that you are getting the required results from the bulbs that are showing no light.

As I can remember the BQ's inner circle of bulbs do not light.

Perhaps another member can be specific. Somewhere in this long thread there is a detailed answer to your question. You could always call the company.

Just wanted to ease you mind. Smile

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
canadagal wrote:

Thanks!

I don't have the BQ now as I upgraded to the SP. All of the bulbs do not light up and not suppose to. On the SP 12 light and 12 show no light. I am not a technical person but know that you are getting the required results from the bulbs that are showing no light.

As I can remember the BQ's inner circle of bulbs do not light.

Perhaps another member can be specific. Somewhere in this long thread there is a detailed answer to your question. You could always call the company.

Just wanted to ease you mind. Smile

Twelve lights are 'red' and visible to the eye, and twelve are 'infra red' and invisible.. Rest assured all are working!

canadagal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:17 am      Reply with quote
ugh, only 6 are lit up!
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
canadagal wrote:
ugh, only 6 are lit up!

Canadagal,

Please contact me at 610-688-3441 and I will send you a replacement asap!

Alex Webster
Quasar Light Therapy www.quasarpro.com
zozo228

Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:07 am      Reply with quote
I've been reading all the excellent feedback on the Baby Q and am ready to buy - can anyone advise on advantages of buying from Advanced Therapeutics vs. Quasar Pro? Are they the same?

Thanks.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:23 am      Reply with quote
zozo228 wrote:
I've been reading all the excellent feedback on the Baby Q and am ready to buy - can anyone advise on advantages of buying from Advanced Therapeutics vs. Quasar Pro? Are they the same?

Thanks.

I am quite sure that AT and Quasar Pro are the same. Last week someone gave us a link to this new website. Alex Webster, who wrote the previous post was my contact from Advanced Therapeutics.

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:24 am      Reply with quote
zozo228 wrote:

Thanks.

They are one and the same, Quasar Pro is their new website.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |