Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
batwhirl wrote:
Winnie - No need to be insulted by my inquiries Winnie; if you are insulted I sincerely apologize and it was not my intent Confused

I simply asked for clarification from you because you are a moderater that I have seen post many times and respect your sage and honest responses to inquiries.

I didn't think that a private email was necessary because there was no accusation of you in particular in my post and I would assume that everyone would want to know what the ground rules are Neutral It seemed that there was a lot of bickering on the thread that seemed less than respectful to those who were truly interested in gathering information and ongoing communication about common interests.

Again, my sincere apologies.

Do not be insulted? You have accused forum moderators:

Quote:
It obvious that the above company is allowed to post. Is there a financial benefit to the moderators for supporting one product over the other? Or is just personal picks that can be discussed here? If that is the case then this thread has limited value to readers.

Please do not continue this communication here. I split the post to Forum Issues

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=355778#355778

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Starlight, do you mind if I ask how old you are? That would help in making a recommendation to you.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Starlight, do you mind if I ask how old you are? That would help in making a recommendation to you.

Hi, Kassy thanks for responding! I am in my late 40's.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Starlight wrote:
Hi, you ladies please advice me on a photorej. device! I have dry skin with early signs of aging: enlarged pores, loss of elasticity and sagging face with very few wrinkles. I am really concerned about the sagging so please help! Which device would be the best for me lightstim,BQ or Nufa

Kassy_A wrote:

Hi, Kassy thanks for responding! I am in my late 40's.ce. Thanks!

Considering how long you've been a member, I can't believe you haven't found an answer here yet..... Laughing Laughing Laughing I on the other hand, after much trial and error, will tell you what works for me, myself + I. (Hopefully you saw my proof in pictures, before I removed them last week!)

Derma Wand:

Oxygenates the skin
Gives great glow
Great eye lift, becoming more permanent with continued use
Lifts and tones 'my' muscles moderately
Zaps the occasional zit overnight

Anti-Aging Lightstim LED

Has resulted in extremely clear + creamy skin
Skin softness is like that of a baby
Completely eradicated chicken skin on neck + chest that remained after suffering 2nd degree burns from sun poisoning when I was 15
Noticeable firming, especially jawline + NL lines
Wrinkles are greatly lessened and softer
Helps tremendously with my bum knee and arthritis pain

NuFace

Although I stopped using it on my face, after not seeing any results, I have since used it on my leg and glut muscles with very good results. Take the time to read the following thread, if you haven't already done so;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=18130

HTH

K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Starlight Smile

I had the Baby Q and then upgraded to the SP. Both LED's impress me. The SP is great as it has a bigger head and treatment time is cut in half. In saying that, there are several other LED devices you can investigate.

Don't want to get off track in this thread. Do some research on: facial exercise, AlphaDermaCE, Copper Peptides, Vit. C (internally and topical), and MSM. You can do a search on the forum. PM me if you need any help. Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A I was searching for info on the lightstim and that is how I came upon this mamoth of a thread! After reading and skimming through the 66 pages I had come to the conclusion that one device could not accomplish everything that I wanted. I am not able to afford multiple devices. I just do not want a product that will dry out my already very dry skin. I guess I can use a cream before and after the treatments. Thanks for the detailed post!
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Hi Starlight Smile

I had the Baby Q and then upgraded to the SP. Both LED's impress me. The SP is great as it has a bigger head and treatment time is cut in half. In saying that, there are several other LED devices you can investigate.

Don't want to get off track in this thread. Do some research on: facial exercise, AlphaDermaCE, Copper Peptides, Vit. C (internally and topical), and MSM. You can do a search on the forum. PM me if you need any help. Smile

Winnie: I actually was going to PM you for help. Thanks for responding to my post. I wish I could afford the BQ or SP but it is out of my range. If I could look as good as you when I am your age I would be static. Thanks to EDS I do use CP's, take MSM, use Emu oil. All these products help but the enlarged pores and sagging have just started and I would like to nip it in the bud before it gets out of control. Lightstim is in my price range! Did you ever use it and did it work for you? Thanks!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'll chip in here, if I may. I have the Baby Q but recently purchased the Anti Aging Lightstim. I'm extremely happy with it and agree with everything Kassy has to say about it. I honestly think its plumping up my skin and I look much healthier. The Derma Wand is also another favourite of mine.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I'll chip in here, if I may. I have the Baby Q but recently purchased the Anti Aging Lightstim. I'm extremely happy with it and agree with everything Kassy has to say about it. I honestly think its plumping up my skin and I look much healthier. The Derma Wand is also another favourite of mine.

Thanks Keliu: Do you have dry skin or oily skin?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:24 am      Reply with quote
I have dry, mature-age skin. I apply hyaluronic acid before using the Lightstim and find that the whole process really moisturises my skin.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Starlight wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Hi Starlight Smile

Winnie: I actually was going to PM you for help. Thanks for responding to my post. I wish I could afford the BQ or SP but it is out of my range. If I could look as good as you when I am your age I would be static. Thanks to EDS I do use CP's, take MSM, use Emu oil. All these products help but the enlarged pores and sagging have just started and I would like to nip it in the bud before it gets out of control. Lightstim is in my price range! Did you ever use it and did it work for you? Thanks!

I have not used Lightstim. I know Kassy is very happy with it. Just read Keliu's post regarding. There are several alternatives out there. Lord knows what we will have available to us next year. I need to go back to work full time. Laughing

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Starlight, here are a few threads that may help you in your search;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=26120

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=22907

Winnie is right, about 'several alternatives'. Do a search of Derma Wand while your at it.

havana8

Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Keliu, out of curiosity, did you notice a difference in how your skin responded to the LightSim versus the Baby Q? Did you see a bigger return in terms of results from either one or the other? Do you still use your Baby Q? I guess I am just wondering if it is worth it having both.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Starlight, here are a few threads that may help you in your search;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=26120

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=22907

Winnie is right, about 'several alternatives'. Do a search of Derma Wand while your at it.

Thanks! I will look at these threads!
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
i have been eying this for a while. there are so many good reviews. are long term users still happy with the baby Q or quazarSP? Are you still improving
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
petu wrote:
i have been eying this for a while. there are so many good reviews. are long term users still happy with the baby Q or quazarSP? Are you still improving

petu,

I purchased the Baby Q around December 06. Several months ago I upgraded to the Quasar SP. It has definitely made a difference in my face, neck and declotee. Pleased to say I have continued to do a treatment two times a week. When I first received it I was using it daily. IMO that is way too much.

My skin loves LED treatments to keep it plump. It also has evened out the tone. Actually I purchased the BQ after my reconstructive ankle surgery for pain management. From time to time I have problems with my neck and swear the SP helps relieve the stiffness. I am pleased.

petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Winnie,
it sounds so promising. i am always engouraged when i hear about long term results.

p.s. i love what is written in your signature
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Winnie. I too used it daily starting out, and am now at one to two times a week and that is plenty to keep up the maintenance. It's great after a dermaroller as well.

Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi, i am new here. Happen to chance upon this website and is very excited. Frankly, I have never come across any DIY home gadgets for photo-rejuvenation.

See, I have been suffering from pigmentation/melasma problem as early as my teens when I have freckles. I have tried many laser treatments: cooltouch, ipl, carbon peel etc but the problem will recur everytime I am out in the sun.

I have read about the BQ and Lighstim. In your opinions, which is more suitable for pigmentation? Any other gadgets to recommend?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:00 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Keliu, out of curiosity, did you notice a difference in how your skin responded to the LightSim versus the Baby Q? Did you see a bigger return in terms of results from either one or the other? Do you still use your Baby Q? I guess I am just wondering if it is worth it having both.

The reason I purchased the Lightstim was that I wanted a unit with a larger head. I was going to upgrade to the Quasar SP, but it was too expensive for me. You definitely only need one LED device. I'm liking the Lightstim because the head covers a larger area - the treatment time isn't any less, but I think its more intense. I found all the counting and moving around of the Baby Q to be a bit of a pain but I'm enjoying using the Lightstim and think that it has plumped up my skin.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Do they really work, I mean the "baby quasar"??? After so many weeks, I would like to know your feedback... Thanks.

katee wrote:
Ahhh Annie I so hope this thing works for you. I get soooooo nervous when I rave about something and someone buys it on my recommendation Shock .

To answer fifi's question, the device comes in a small, hard plastic carrying case. It's not bulky at all and I was pleasant surprised to find that, although its a metal device, it's quite light. I suspect the professional Quasar is a little larger, although the maker does say that even it is light and portable.

With the new airport security measures that have been imposed all over the world, though, your hubby is REALLY in for it Laughing Laughing Laughing

My bf and I recently went abroad for vacation. He has a titanium screw in his elbow from an old football injury and they kept him there FOREVER. I was snickering away cause I TOLD him that was going to happen. I did NOT think it was quite as funny when I set off the metal detector. I was half naked before they figured out it was the underwire in my bra !!!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Well I'd love to know if Katee still uses it, I know I do but only once a week to every other week.
Now do I honestly think it "works", that million dollar question I hear so very ofter. I won't bs you, it's not a miracle worker, but does it do "something", yes. So this is my results only I am speaking of, others have had better. But I have been on board since the first day it posted.
It plumps up the skin, soothes redness, helps heal sores and helps clear up acne to a small degree. It helps products soak in and gives a nice glow. It can make the undereye bags go down a bit. Does it cure rosacea, no. Does it make wrinkles go away, no. Will it cure difficult cystic acne, I wouldn't think so, but it helps a spot go down quicker. Doesn't make the redness from the spot go away, it might minimize it a bit. If it did all those things, believe me, I wouldn't have been getting an IPL yesterday for darn sure.
I try to keep it honest and not oversell the item beyond realistic expectations so if it goes beyond that for you, that's fantastic.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Well I'd love to know if Katee still uses it, I know I do but only once a week to every other week.
Now do I honestly think it "works", that million dollar question I hear so very ofter. I won't bs you, it's not a miracle worker, but does it do "something", yes. So this is my results only I am speaking of, others have had better. But I have been on board since the first day it posted.
It plumps up the skin, soothes redness, helps heal sores and helps clear up acne to a small degree. It helps products soak in and gives a nice glow. It can make the undereye bags go down a bit. Does it cure rosacea, no. Does it make wrinkles go away, no. Will it cure difficult cystic acne, I wouldn't think so, but it helps a spot go down quicker. Doesn't make the redness from the spot go away, it might minimize it a bit. If it did all those things, believe me, I wouldn't have been getting an IPL yesterday for darn sure.
I try to keep it honest and not oversell the item beyond realistic expectations so if it goes beyond that for you, that's fantastic.

I'm with you Annie. Everytime after I used Quasar, I "LOOKED" Good. I had a glow, my face looked more defined but that's about it. It didn't do anything for my wrinkles, hyperpigmentation or sagging.

I received my Prolight Platinum on Monday and did 2 treatments already. It "seems" like my skin was more transparent, rosy and my hyperpigmentation "looked" lighter after the treatment. I don't know if it's really doing it or it's my imagination because it's a new TOY.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I wish I could say Baby Q
fatsia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone

I've been trying to catch up on this thread but am getting more confused.

Does the Baby Quasar or any of the alternatives help with puffiness below the eyes?

I also have some deep 11's that I'd like to improve.

Thanks and best wishes

F
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |