Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
The tissue below the eye is lymphatic in nature and the Baby Q does help it go down if it is puffy. It is only on a temporary basis, but it does help.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks v much for the reply. If you use the baby quasar in the morning will it improve the puffiness for the day?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:39 am      Reply with quote
fatsia wrote:
Thanks v much for the reply. If you use the baby quasar in the morning will it improve the puffiness for the day?

The BQ/SP do help improve the puffiness. In my experience the swelling does stay away for the day. IMO we need to find out why we have swelling in this area and try to control it. In my case it is salt and not enough water.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
rofl

Winnie, your my hero..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I want something to take away my hash like wrinkles on on my cheeks and a few wrinkles around
my naso labial folds. I was all set to get a Quasar (getting excited I had found the answer) but after all this reading post after post after post, don't think this is it for me. Even if I get the Quasar SP is it going to take care of what my main issues are?

Now I do know Radiesse works for the folds, someone suggested MSM so I have ordered that, am using a good skin care line (Elysee) and love it but would sure like to get rid of these lines I just mentioned. I know it is due to diminished collagen as we age. Need more fat. And no I don't want fat injections in my face or do I?

I am probably been way to picky because you can't really even see them unless I get my magnifying mirror out but like many of us we are looking for perfection. Maybe at our age it isn't possible.
lilredhead
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I don't know how brave you are, Platinumrose, but it sounds to me that you could benefit from the dermaroller. For what you are describing my suggestions would be dermaroller with LED therapy and facial exercises. I don't know how much time and money you are willing to invest, though. Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:36 am      Reply with quote
lilredhead wrote:
I don't know how brave you are, Platinumrose, but it sounds to me that you could benefit from the dermaroller. For what you are describing my suggestions would be dermaroller with LED therapy and facial exercises. I don't know how much time and money you are willing to invest, though. Smile

Platinumrose, I agree with lilredhead about the facial exercise. For years I have done facial exercise to some extent. Recently I have just started a vigorous program. If I give it the time, I believe, I could have fantastic results. The problem is the time. Rolling Eyes

I don't want this Quasar thread to get off topic. Just wanted to add my suggestion. My SP has made a marked improvement in my complextion . When Leaf & Rusher come out with their new DermaRoller I plan to give that a go.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
AJRN
5% products discount

Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Winnie!! I totally agree with you re: the Quasar SP. I LOVE this unit as I stated in my original post---can't beat it for whatever skin care anyone uses. Platinumrose, I do understand your concerns with these fine lines and I do hope you will consider this unit but if you find this Platinum unit more to your liking well that is ok also---would love to hear your reviews on it. As for myself, well---the Quasar SP has been a God sent and it is absolutely the best for me and my issues that I needed to address. Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I just read a nice review on the Baby Quasar. This is an interesting site as it reviews beauty gadgets. They also discuss the LightStim, NuSkin, Dermawand and more.

http://www.beautygizmo.com/tag/beauty-gadget

AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link to the review Winnie. When I went to read it, imagine my surprise when the person shown using the Baby Q was me! I guess once out in cyberspace it's for public use but the good thing is you never age. That was the photo from the NY Times article they did.
What a kick!
Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:44 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Thanks for the link to the review Winnie. When I went to read it, imagine my surprise when the person shown using the Baby Q was me! I guess once out in cyberspace it's for public use but the good thing is you never age. That was the photo from the NY Times article they did.
What a kick!
Laughing

I thought that might be you Annie. You are lovely. Smile

AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:14 am      Reply with quote
That is so very kind and it was freaky, seeing myself as I had forgotten about it.
I still use the baby Q every week and I have been back and forth about trying the Quasar once again and hoping mine was just defective in getting so hot. It sure would be nice to have the whole process go faster.
Has anyone who had both found that the Quasar gets hot on them? Also, does there seem to be a difference really in that one works significantly better? I sure wish there was an in-between size to use.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:30 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
That is so very kind and it was freaky, seeing myself as I had forgotten about it.
I still use the baby Q every week and I have been back and forth about trying the Quasar once again and hoping mine was just defective in getting so hot. It sure would be nice to have the whole process go faster.
Has anyone who had both found that the Quasar gets hot on them? Also, does there seem to be a difference really in that one works significantly better? I sure wish there was an in-between size to use.

Annie, My SP has never got too hot. I would certainly contact AT about your SP.
First of all the SP takes much less time. The BQ was hard to work on the neck and declotee. Say it's mind over matter but I find the SP gives better results then the BQ.

jillmar

Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. Does anyone know if the Baby Quasar, Quasar or any other "gadget" would help with eliminating broken capillaries on the face? Thank you. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using it for several years faithfully and I can honestly say that it has never gotten rid of mine. I still have an IPL once a year for them. Now someone else might have had better luck on theirs using the Quasar, but mine have not changed by using the baby Q.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm AnnieR's twin sister when it comes to Quasar treatment result. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Not helping my broken cap either. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
jillmar wrote:
Hi. Does anyone know if the Baby Quasar, Quasar or any other "gadget" would help with eliminating broken capillaries on the face? Thank you. Smile

I've found that using a dermaroller has helped with my broken caps. I'm not saying that it has cured them - but rather the skin rolling has thickened up my skin and therefore, the broken caps are much less noticeable.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
With consistent use of my Q for over a year my broken capillaries are barely visible.

Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 5:21 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR said:
Quote:

Annie, I've had both and am now using Quasar. I gave the Baby to my mother. I find my SP gets soothingly warm, sometimes very warm, but never tips over into unbearably hot. The warmth is one of the things I like about it...although in August I may change my mind about that! Laughing

The Baby never got too hot on me either, and my mother hasn't said anything about it. I know she would, too, if it was heating up too much.

I agree with Winnie, you should contact AdvanceThera about it, maybe see if they'll replace your SP with another unit. I love the SP, and while using the Baby was good, I definitely prefer the larger treatment head and increased power. I believe it gives better results in less time per treatment as well as over the cumulative timespan of all treatments. Not saying that the Baby won't get you there, but just probably not as fast.

My $0.02. Very Happy
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, I am certainly thinking about it. The time saving part would be great. My baby Q doesn't get got either. I am still sort of sore after Advan Thera wasted my money on my botox/resty bad advice, flat out. There was my extra 800.00 to trade up!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 9:06 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Thanks, I am certainly thinking about it. The time saving part would be great. My baby Q doesn't get got either. I am still sort of sore after Advan Thera wasted my money on my botox/resty bad advice, flat out. There was my extra 800.00 to trade up!

AnnieR, Did you send the SP back for a refund? If you still have it you must contact AT. That is a lot of money you are sitting on. The SP gets warm but not hot. Let us know how you make out.

I know the BQ has a new five year warranty. Not sure about the SP but do know the warranty is longer.

Babybear325

Wed May 07, 2008 9:54 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR...Just reading the thread and saw your picture...you are indeed beautiful. Thanks for sharing the info. It's nice to put a name to the face. Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Babybear-that is so sweet and welcome. That was a lot of info you've been reading! Smile
Winnie-I did send it back after about a month of having it and talking to customer service. We decided it must be defective, but I was still kind of mad at them so I just went back to the Baby Q. I was in a pout, I guess you could say.
But I am glad to hear the warranty is so good, maybe it might help others in their decision to try it.

5% products discount

Wed May 28, 2008 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Just want to share that because of work hours and just being so tired I stopped using my Quasar SP. I called Alex and ordered the Pure Silk Serum which I found out that he and his company developed it and it is hyaluronic serum with copper peptides. To my amazement this is an awsome serum to be used with this unit!! I love how it plumps and firms my skin followed with my skin care routine. If anyone has tried this serum with their unit I would love to hear your results also. I am so happy and now back to a regular regimen using my Quasar!! Very Happy Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
AJRN, I also found the Pure Silk Serum applied prior to using my SP is an amazing combination. I did not know this products was formulated by AT.

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |