Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:07 am      Reply with quote
You don't have to use anything at all with the baby Q. It actually works best with freshly washed skin that has been prepped further with witch hazel.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I used my BQ for the third time last night (with hyaluronic acid) and saw a significant result afterwards. My skin was way more glowy and taut. I thought it might be the hyaluronic acid combined with the heat, so washed my face lightly and the tautness and glow remained. No diff to the light wrinkles (yet). I'm combining this with Dermarolling on the days between - just the light rolling to produce pinkness and a lightly prickling sensation. My skin is looking very good today!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Critic; Here's a thread just getting started on using serums with LED's that might get interesting;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=31270

Here's a thread on whether NuFace is working or not;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29614

Here is another thread that will clear up for you, why redundant posts are so irritating;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=29710

In answer to your rudeness question; Yes I was referring to the FE thread. What you said about Deb was rude, inflamatory + also not true, based on the responses you received from myself and others.

It's great that the BQ is working for you, and your 'skin is bright and flawless'.. But you still haven't shared the why's and how's that members need to achieve those same results..

My skin is bright and flawless as well, but I have more than a thousand very lengthy posts, sharing every single detail of how I achieved it. I don't think it would have been at all helpful, if I left it at "I love my LED" in every thread.. Wink

To replace the gel that came with your BQ, you can make a simple Hyaluronic Acid serum pretty easily.. Or just check what the ingredients are, and see if you find a comparable one to buy. Hyaluronic acid in a formulation with a significant amount of water, plumps the skin!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,

I am a new user of the BQ, can't share much about my Why and How. I simply follow the instruction on the booklet, which is 2 minutes red light, 4 minutes green light + 4 minutes green light on the targeted area. My targeted area is my under eyes + nose (try to minimize the pores and I have a little little scar). I see the result right after the treatment, but seems it is not permanant. Is it the same case for everyone?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I have mentioned that fact many times in this thread and elsewhere. It is a temporary plumping of the skin at best, but if you use it 2-3 times a week it tends to look that way longer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:01 am      Reply with quote
And I should have added (But I was in a hurry) that I have no factual idea why that happens, but guessing it has to do with all the lymph glands and stimulation? We've commented many times upon this phenomenon but not on the actual why's that I can recall.
If anyone knows, feel free to expand/or deflate my theory!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Well poo! I am sad to report, that the vein on my hand that "vanished" following BQ therapy, decided to return from its trip. It looks remarkably healthy and big Sad My face, on the other hand, continues to glow right through my makeup (Age Rewind). I have used the BQ only five times on my face. The wrinkles remain.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia, LED therapy doesn't help overnight. It takes time for results to develop, at least in my experience. I've been using an LED device for several months and I have found that it makes a real difference in skin tone and texture, in reduction of sunspots and pigmentation, and in overall "healthy glow," though I haven't yet detected a reduction in fine lines. (But that may be because I didn't take before and after pictures.)

Trying the device five times isn't enough time to see results. Try it for two or three months and see if you have better results before giving up.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft. I'm not giving up...I wrote that I am pleased with the glowy effect of the BQ on my face! Very pleased. I haven't seen any reduction in wrinkles but I'm still using it and still hopeful Smile Since I had previously posted that I couldn't believe how a vein suddenly disappeared on my hand after using the BQ just once, I thought I'd better update everyone on the fact it had come back.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Antonia, LED therapy doesn't help overnight. It takes time for results to develop, at least in my experience. I've been using an LED device for several months and I have found that it makes a real difference in skin tone and texture, in reduction of sunspots and pigmentation, and in overall "healthy glow," though I haven't yet detected a reduction in fine lines. (But that may be because I didn't take before and after pictures.)

Trying the device five times isn't enough time to see results. Try it for two or three months and see if you have better results before giving up.

I totally agree!

As for the fine lines, all of a sudded you will notice them gone, when the collagen really kicks in.. For me it was around month 6 I believe.. (I have a huge dimple in 1 cheek, and had a long deep line there when at rest, it's totally gone now!)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Having been one of the original users since this thread first started in 2006, I can tell you it does not happen overnight. It also will not get rid of deep wrinkles, sorry to say. It will help you plump up fine lines, but they will come back if you stop using it. The baby Q takes time and dedicated use to see results, which will last as long as you continue with the regime. The first ten pages are always worth re-reading to me. It reminds me why we started this crazy * spam alert * to the baby Q. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I keep seeing LED lights being used in random things now. You can use red LED lights up your nose for hayfever (seriously!) and blue LED lights in your toothbrush, for sanitizing dental equipment and in hoovers to protect people with allergies and asthma.

This is the up-your-nose LED Laughing

It looks odd but has rave reviews on Amazon.
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to re-post this here to see what you think. It's actually really bothering me because I haven't washed my face for nearly a week because I came down with another virus. As such, when I woke up today, I had this horrible zit hurting my cheek and making another red mark. It is an abomination to my face.

---

I've written here before about having red marks on my cheeks. I've significantly reduced these with turmeric but I want to clear it up completely now.

What LED light is the best to use for red marks? I'm 21 so I don't need anything for anti-aging, and I'm not sure if a red LED light does anything much for red marks?

Thanks in advance!
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:52 am      Reply with quote
same issues as fox , RED MARKS that trun into purple one and stay there for ever , don't have a need for antiaging yet 33, but all the women in my familly are sagers not wrinklers
please advise baby Q red or lightstim?
thanks in advance
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Never used the lightsim or the baby Q red so can't can't say, but the regular baby Q faded didn't fade my red marks at all. Time and a little sun helped, plus IS Clinical Active helps me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/baby-quasar-blue-anti-acn-p_8732.htm

This blue-light BabyQ is touted as being the one to help with acne, as it reportedly kills bacteria. Don't know. Haven't tried it.

My experience with avoiding the red marks after the pimple has healed is that using LRP Effaclar A I does the trick! Whenever I feel (yes I can feel them before they erupt - sometimes they wake me up at nite, the debils) one brewing beneath the surface, I hit it with the Effaclar A I a couple times a day and before too long it just "dissolves" it. Not to highjack this thread, but that's what works for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have a BabyQ that I received Feb 2008. When I recently contacted Alex atwww.QuasarPro.com (the mfr) he stated that it uses 4 wavelengths: amber, red and 2 types of infra-red. This is in opposition to some info out there about the BabyQ. NCNProSkincare's comparison chart lists BabyQ as only having the red wavelength, which is incorrect. Just setting the record straight!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Glad you finally got your reply and set the record straight.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have read all of the Baby Quasar posts from August 2006 and most everyone, at that time, seemed to be thrilled with the results. My question is, for those who purchased one then, are you still happy with your purchase and continuing to enjoy great results or is there any buyer's remorse out there for this pricey little piece of equipment??

I purchased one after reading the two-year old reviews and was both optimistic AND trying to manage my expectations. Some claimed to see instantaneous results (do we find what we're looking for?) and others (as indicated in more receent posts) said it can take months.

The return period is 30 days and, after just one week, my "results" have yet to appear. I have used the BQ it with both clean, bare skin as well as the Pure Silk Anti-Aging hyaluronic acid. Do I hang in there or cut my losses???
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I do still use mine every 10 days or so. It does give an instant plump and can help calm a flare up. I use it more because I feel that since I paid so much for it, I should still use it, more than anything else. If I felt like it really was doing something great, I would use it more and I did in the beginning which high hopes. It does, I feel, help products penetrate better.
Now someone else may have had more outstanding results than I so I would love to hear more people answer this question.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, AnnieR, for the reply! So, based on your experience with the the Baby Quasar, would you purchase one again or recommend that a friend purchase one? It doesn't sound like it... That's a lot of money to spend to get products to penetrate better. I've only used it five times now (on both my face and my hands) but see no difference (plumping, glowing, etc.) at all. I'm SO glad I was able to manage my expectations when I purchased it or else I might be wrapping the cord around my neck by now! Laughing
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
To be honest, I wouldn't purchase now based on what I have read on personal experiences in the last several years. Hindsight, eh? I would have to see tangible, long-lasting results to justify a large purchase such as the Quasar. Now the baby Q, being much cheaper was a safer buy to jump into.
But that being said, I had to see for myself and I don't regret that part!
Again, I'd like to hear others weigh in on their long-term outcomes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
LaurelKate, I have had mine for about six months...I use it twice a week and I really think it tautens my skin. The only "problem" is that it also sends me off to sleep. I guess it's the repetitive action! I certainly wouldn't be without my Baby Quasar.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I think I love it. The only thing I am not sure is how to use. Can it touch skin directly? When I saw the picture on the using guide, I thought it should be placed on the skin. But when I see the advertising on EDS's webpage today (buy light get serum free, there is some distance between BQ light and the girl's face!), I am completely lost. Anyone tell me how you use it???
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Hello Emma,
I think that's just the advertising. If you read through this thread and the instructions, you will see that it is supposed to glide over the skin (i.e. have contact with it). Hope that helps!

Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |