Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Rogneda
5% products discount

Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Okay, I completed my 4th treatment last night (2nd time using the full strength). I have to say that so far I really don't see anything yet. I'm hoping that I will after 5 since you're supposed to see results starting between 4-5 times. I can say that immediately after I used it last night, I noticed a slight lift around my eye area, but that was gone by this morning. So far nothing has changed with my wrinkles/fine lines/broken caps. I think I'm probably just a slow healer, since I can definitely feel that it's doing something for an hour or so after I use it.

Anyway, I just wanted to update since I hit #4 and said I would. I will continue to report back.

TAMgirl99, have you had your fifth treatment yet? Hope it starts working for you Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Rogneda wrote:
TAMgirl99, have you had your fifth treatment yet? Hope it starts working for you Smile

Well, yes and no. I've done 6 treatments so far, but that only equals about 2-3 professional treatments. I think you're supposed to see improvements after the 4-5th professional treatment, so I'm going to report back after around numbers 8-10. I think I am starting to see some results though. Overall my skin appears a bit smoother, but it's really too soon to tell yet. I promise to report back when I do start seeing significant improvements though! Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, ladies. I'm about to do my 5th treatment and my redness and broken capillaries are slowly fading.

I took before pics so will post a comparison after my 10th or 12th home treatment.

Yay! Thanks, Katee. I love this thing!
skin adict2
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on my 4th treatment and haven't seen much difference yet in either my hyperpigmentation or lifting. I've also been doing my neck, chest and hands. Going to start doing the green level tonight.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Oops, should've noted that I started doing the green light/steady treatment after the 2nd one.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I havent given any updates since my 4th treatment because I am still at my 4th treatment, lifes gone nuts and time wasnt there, but I will say I dont see the result I acheived dissappearing either..so hopefully tonight I will do my 5th!!!
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
I just received mine last night, excited to use it.
FYI, I am in Canada, shipping was very quick for any of you Canadian gals interested. Also, duty charges were not too bad, Very Happy considering, about $30.00, hths.

Hi Lipglossdoll
I'm in Canada too, and wondering what the exchange was and shipping charges???
$30 duty is not bad at all!!!
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Dahli wrote:
lipglossdoll wrote:
I just received mine last night, excited to use it.
FYI, I am in Canada, shipping was very quick for any of you Canadian gals interested. Also, duty charges were not too bad, Very Happy considering, about $30.00, hths.

Hi Lipglossdoll
I'm in Canada too, and wondering what the exchange was and shipping charges???
$30 duty is not bad at all!!!

I live in Canada, I just received mine today & it cost $63.86 for duty & taxes. That does not include shipping (which was $55 U.S.) or exchange rate, that will be included in the cost of the unit on my cc statement . I wish it only cost me $30. Confused BTW, I bought mine on ebay "buy it now" for $399.00 U.S. plus shipping..plus...plus...plus... (I think it's going to work out to be about $610 Canadian when everything is tallied up).
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Mine is sposed to be here tomorrow {Tuesday}.. I tell ya, since I ordered it and it was on back oreder, it's been like waiting for a REAL baby to arrive! LOL I had 2 c-sections and they were scheduled, so does this make my 3rd??? ROFL

I hope hope it gets delevered EARLY in the day!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:29 am      Reply with quote
So, how are the BQ uses doing?? Are you still enjoying it and getting good results?? Very Happy Very Happy Do you feel anything when you use it??

Thanks Rashirosey Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:33 am      Reply with quote
rashirosey wrote:
So, how are the BQ uses doing?? Are you still enjoying it and getting good results?? Very Happy Very Happy Do you feel anything when you use it??

Thanks Rashirosey Very Happy

Although I definitely feel a difference in my skin for about 30 minutes or so after I use this, I have yet to see any improvements so far. I've only completed 6 treatments though, so I don't expect to see much until 8-10. The fact that I can definitely feel it keeps me motivated though! Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I'm finding it hard to skip a day between but I've held out! I'm waiting to see how it works on my few broken caps. Will keep reporting in.

BTW, you don't feel a thing when using it.
skin adict2
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I did my 4th treatment Monday night and still holding onto the box in case I need to return it. Used the green setting for the last 2 treatments. Also used spot lightening serum on hyperpigmetation areas (melasma) before treating w/ BQ. Didn't really see results immediately, but just noticed this morning that puffiness around my eyes is diminished even though I have only been getting 4 hours of sleep the past 2 nights. Neck and chest area still not sure, but sometimes I think that I have less chest wrinkles when I wake up (I sleep on my side). Not sure if it's wishful thinking, but so far I think I like what I see. Doing 5th treatment tonight. Will continue to update.
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks TAMgirl99, scalawaggirl, and skin addict2 - I really, really do hope this thing works for you girls.........I am anxiously waiting Sad I have too many mouths to feed! Drool

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Just got the Baby Quasar today (yay!) and have completed the first treatment. Hopefully I'll be able to let you all know the results on mature, sun damaged, sensitive skin over time.

It's exciting to read so many positive reports from others. If the Baby Quasar can provide any noticeable benefits for skin like mine that's unable to tolerate retinoids and most actives, I'll be a very happy camper!
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Ive been following this post with alot of enthusiasm. Would this be something that could help me? My skin seems somewhat very dull with quite noticeable pores. To me, my face does not look very firm all over. My main concerns are my eyes - I have alot of crepiness directly under the eye and crows feet. I also have the horrid frown lines. I even seem to think my eye lids are appearing to look slightly hooded/droopy. Would the Quasar help with all of these. Would it reduce these lines around my eyes? Also Id say my skin tends to be a bit on the dehydrated side but then again can be oily in places. At the moment I am using Photolagen, Vit C and Renova and Epidermx twice weekly. What creams can I use or should use with the Quasar. I am also looking for another good eye cream and face cream - what would be the best ones to go for whilst using this device.

Hope someone can enlighten me

Many thanks

Sally

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Also forgot to mention - ive been lookinginto Glycolic home peels - is this something I can use with the Quasar?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:28 am      Reply with quote
salster68 wrote:
Hi

Ive been following this post with alot of enthusiasm. Would this be something that could help me? My skin seems somewhat very dull with quite noticeable pores. To me, my face does not look very firm all over. My main concerns are my eyes - I have alot of crepiness directly under the eye and crows feet. I also have the horrid frown lines. I even seem to think my eye lids are appearing to look slightly hooded/droopy. Would the Quasar help with all of these. Would it reduce these lines around my eyes? Also Id say my skin tends to be a bit on the dehydrated side but then again can be oily in places. At the moment I am using Photolagen, Vit C and Renova and Epidermx twice weekly. What creams can I use or should use with the Quasar. I am also looking for another good eye cream and face cream - what would be the best ones to go for whilst using this device.

Hope someone can enlighten me

Many thanks

Sally

Sally - I think that the BQ is supposed to address the majority of those problems, since it basically works to increase blood flow/collagen in the areas it's used on. Whether or not it can truly do that, or at least make significant improvements is yet to be determined, at least by most of this group since we're all new to it. Katee is the most experiences with this technology so hopefully she'll chime in as well, but you can see from her first post that she's very happy with it for improving several of the same concerns you have.

As far as products go, I don't think there is anything you can't use with this device. It's extremely mild and doesn't cause any irritation to the external surface. It just promotes health activity within the skin itself. I hope that helps a bit!
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Please make sure you remove all the Glycolic before performing a light therapy treatment. Anything that irritates the skin could inflame your skin if not removed before performing a treatment. Once the Glycolic is removed performing a treatment will stimulate healing and help accelerate any therapeutic effects. I hope this helps!

Alex

salster68 wrote:
Also forgot to mention - ive been lookinginto Glycolic home peels - is this something I can use with the Quasar?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Advanced Therapeutics wrote:
Please make sure you remove all the Glycolic before performing a light therapy treatment. Anything that irritates the skin could inflame your skin if not removed before performing a treatment. Once the Glycolic is removed performing a treatment will stimulate healing and help accelerate any therapeutic effects. I hope this helps!

Alex

salster68 wrote:

I assume the same goes for TCA peels?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Since I've been at this longer than anyone, I figured it was probably good to post an update...

My skin always FEELS different immediately after a treatment, but it isn't as if I look one way BEFORE, then very different immediately after. However, I had taken a close up photo of my face (for another purpose - i.e. I needed to renew my passport) two days before I started using the Baby Quasar.

Yesterday, I got up in the morning and washed my face, but didn't go thru my usual routine because my intention was to do a treatment and wanted to do it on bare skin. As it turned out I got sidetracked and ultimately completely distracted. Suddenly, it was 4pm and I realized that I still hadn't put anything on my skin nor had I done a treatment. I winced before looking in the mirror figuring I wasn't going to like what I saw, especially since I've been operating on about 4 hours sleep per nite this week.

I was pretty astonished at what I saw. I looked REALLY good. My skin was firm, my color even, yet I had this overall healthy glowy look! (I usually attribute that to a combination of Prevage MD and the ISC serums...lol) Most notable though was the area around my eyes. That is the one area where it really shows when I'm particularly tired and there is no question that my eyes always look better, firmer, etc AFTER I use whatever eye product I enlist (i.e. am or pm). Well, my entire eye area was firm and smooth and more lifted than they were previously even after using something like Decleor serum or the PSF cranberry stuff.

I also have been concentrating some effort on some broken caps around my nose, even though I didn't expect much since I've been sneezing my brains out lately (seasonal allergies etc). I also have a network of spider veins on one ankle that have been there since I hurt my ankle playing tennis last August. The broken caps around my nose are barely visible and the stuff on my ankle is very significantly diminished.

When my bf got home, I got him to take another photo. By then, I had done my treatment, rewashed my face, and done my usual routine. Looking at the pics side by side, the overall difference would be noticeable to anyone.

So, I continue to be pretty delighted with this thing. I'm seeing improvements in places that I honestly didn't think needed improvement as well in areas that indeed were of concern.

I should also mention that I've been using the highest setting right from the start. In the beginning, I was doing a treatment every day. Now, I'm doing it every other day. I didn't change by choice. It's just a VERY busy and hectic time of year for me, and at the end of the day, I usually have at least a half dozen things that I had intended to do, but just didn't get around to doing. And, then I pass out !!!!
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi TAMgirl99 and Alex (Hello again Smile )

Thank you both for your reply.

Alex (its Sally who emailed you from ebay Laughing ) I get all over the place. It was on EDS where I first learned about the Baby Quaser. Because I am working (or so I should be) I havent had time to read the info you sent me. I hope to get back to you soon (with an order)

Thanks again everyone

Have fun (and whilst you're doing that I will keep reading and learning)
x

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Advanced Therapeutics wrote:

Alex

salster68 wrote:

Thanks Alex! I assumed salster68 meant using the products separately, but during the same time frame. I never even thought the question might be about using them simultaneously! Shock I don't even know how you'd do that! Laughing
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Katee, question for you.. You said you've been using the highest seeting from the beginning.. If I remember right, that is in 4 minute cycles.. Are you doing the 4 minutes per section? And none of the lower ones along with it? I'm asking for my husband.. He has some major troubles, and if that's the case, I'll have him just do it that way.. Also, Alex said to wait a day between treatments to let the face 'rest', but now I wonder if he might benefit if he does it daily for a bit..

Thoughts???

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
KLS, I wonder how they figure out duties, ect. That is odd we paid such different amounts . Shipping cost $55.00, then I had to pay $34.00 and change when I picked it up from the PO. Weird, lol!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |