Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your time Alex. It seems we are all in a learning curve here. I saw your reply to the post on the question of the self-tanner and that it is okay if it can be washed off, such as a bronzer/temporary type. In my case, I use a facial Lancome self-tanner which actually penetrates into the top layer of the skin to emulate a tan and fades off after several days. I know that before my IPL's, my esthetician tells me not to use one my face for at least a week before, because it can deflect the photfacial and it's depth (if I remember somewhat correctly). Does this type of self-tanner gel affect the Baby Q and it's results in any way? And if so, how significantly? (BTW, I'm still loving mine even with my self-tanner, that just adds to my glow!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have a copy of Quasar training manual in Microsoft Word format from Alex (Peter put it together). Please PM me your e-mail address if you wanted a copy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I read the training manual Alex e-mail me. Basically it explained what is Photorejuvenation and how does it work. No "Treatment" details or technique which I was looking for.

PM me your e-mail address if you still want a copy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I just downloaded it and will read it tonight. Thanks MACrisis.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, MACrisis! Maybe this will give me some scientific information as to why I have to have this!
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry girls, please ignore my last post about no treatment detail in the training manual. My printer was out of paper. Duh..... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

This was what happened when I try to work and sneak to EDS at the same time.

AnnieR & tosca: Hopefully the manual helps!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
It has helped alot. Quite a bit of reading but at least it explains it to me. Better than saying "I don't quite know what it does, but the lights are pretty." Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis, it is extremely helpful. I really appreciate it. I can start to build my case to buy one now.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
nnie R, now I'm curious! When I spoke with Alex about the self tanner, I told him I used the type you did, that had a COLOR GUIDE that washed off, but left color on the skin... I use Fake Bake for faces on my face, and FB or another of the same kind on my body, including chest and neck.. Hmmmm, now I wonder of I was misunderstood, and my treatments haven't been up to what they should be.. Altho I think I can 'feel' a tightening going on..

I'm anxiously awaiting Alex to clarify this.. If you hear anything via PM, would you please let me know as well... THANKS!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I hope to hear the answ. on the tanner debate, Alex please PM me or reply if you can shed some light. Interesting that the manual recommends AloeVera over the cleansed skin. May try that on my next treatment on Thurs. (I am actually doing the every other day, it's so HARD!!) I am so loving the results, every day gets better. I can actually use my Active serum at night, every night now and not have a neg. reaction. If I loved IS Clinical before, I really love it now. I tried a sample of the Decleor Angelique night balm and it was heaven on my skin. I could feel it soak in and made my skin extra soft. I thought the Skinmedica Dermal Repair was good for hydration! I am normally reactive to the Decleor line in a neg. way but now seem not to be. Go figure? Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Ok, first, I'd like to thank all who've helped me with my tiny order issue. I'd really hope it'd be all behind me after hearing from Alex yesterday. Today I came home from work and was really excited as my mom informed me that my package had ARRIVED. Of course, I rushed home and without even putting down my bag, ran to my room where she'd kindly kept the box for me and proceeded to rip the tape apart. That was when I noticed the postage fee of $33.75 although I had believed it would actually cost more than $55 to ship to where I live. I'm a little confused but was relieved more than anything else that it arrived safe and sound. HOWEVER, I was sent the wrong adapter (non-detachable) so I can't fix it into the international power supply which means I won't be able to use it tonight unless I want to get myself electrocuted in the name of beauty. Shock Thankfully, Alex helped me figure it out when I decided it was far easier to just call him even though I live a zillion miles away and IDD charges are kinda high here. Sad All is resolved and he'll be sending out the correct adaptor today. Great service!

Looks like I won't be able to use it til the weekend...sigh. Seriously disappointed but still feeling that thrill of excitement now that I can finally feel and hold the baby quasar in my hands! How I can feel this happy over a metal piece with teeny weeny bulbs is totally beyond me. Laughing Laughing Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all. I did introduce myself in the lounge last week. Just wanted to say that I've just ordered mine over the telephone. Yay! I'm in the UK so I guess I'll have a little bit of a wait until it gets here... Can't wait. Oh, and Alex was really nice and helpful.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hope you girls will be happy and it's worth the wait.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks MACrisis.........decided to cave-in Shock just ordered mine! Alex, has been extremely helpful - THANK YOU ALEX.

Just can't wait to get mine. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi

ive been looking at this device and have just found this site http://www.jellenproducts.com/led_photorejuvenation_red.htm#technology

is this the same thing?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Cesce wrote:
Hello all. I did introduce myself in the lounge last week. Just wanted to say that I've just ordered mine over the telephone. Yay! I'm in the UK so I guess I'll have a little bit of a wait until it gets here... Can't wait. Oh, and Alex was really nice and helpful.

Hi Cesce and welcome! I'm in the UK too so I'd love to know how it goes for you - it always feels like such a lottery ordering and waiting for packages to clear our customs so I haven't taken the plunge on this yet, but I'm definitely interested Laughing
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:21 am      Reply with quote
is n-lite the same sort of thing as this device. Im looking for soemthing like this that will get rid of wrinkles and firm skin

I seem to be doing alot of looking on the internet but coming up with nothing or seeing other devices.

hows is everyone else getting on with their baby quasar for wrinkles etc

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:07 am      Reply with quote
It does plump up the skin and make the fine lines less noticable. I don't have any wrinkles per say, just fine lines. The skin does seem firmer to me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Annie

Im not very good with skincare (at 38 you would think i should be). Ive got awful crows feet and line/crepines under my eyes. I just dont know what to do. I have been looking at laser devices but need one that will do something for these wrinkles and firm my skin up. Just getting more and more confused (and depressed) as what to go for.

At the moment im using Photolagen am and pm, renova pm. Im looking for a vit c serum but again - which one Confused My skin gets flakey in places and id go to say it is feels dehydrated but on the other hand can be shiny and my pores are quite noticeable. I think i need a good eye cream but i keep reading so much about them im lost

Im really in dire straits. 38 and I look about 42/43 (at least) Crying or Very sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
salster, I believe that the site you found that carries the LED device bought their products fromwww.skylarkdevice.com which is a Taiwan-based company that manufactures and produces light-based products. I've written in to them only recently to inquire about pricing and just received their reply. A 30 bulb piece with every single one visible is going for US$57.50 while a 30 bulb with 6 visible and 24 invisible (infrared light) is going for US$42. These are of course distributor prices but you can inquire about getting a sample piece to try. Sigh, too bad I already bought the baby quasar....really can't wait to use it though and wish that the adaptor comes soon...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Salster-have you tried any samples from the IS Clinical line? Proheal and super serum would both be good and the active for pm for helping with lines. The baby Q def. plumps up my crows feet and smile lines.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Fenn. Is it the same thing as the baby quasar. Sorry for all the questions. Im not very clued up and can rad things over and over and still not understand. im a proper blonde Laughing

Annie no ive not tried any of these. Are they both to be used pm. I also need skincare for am too. Thank you for your help

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Wait a minute...those can't be the same as the baby quasar, could they?
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
a little bit more reading and another question (sorry)

What is the difference from Ultrosonic and IPL treatments - which is more beneficial to wrinkles and sagging skin

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:13 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:

Hi Cesce and welcome! I'm in the UK too so I'd love to know how it goes for you - it always feels like such a lottery ordering and waiting for packages to clear our customs so I haven't taken the plunge on this yet, but I'm definitely interested Laughing

Thanks for the welcome, Fifi. I'll keep you posted - not only on how it works for me but also the customs charges, etc.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |