Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I could be wrong, but I don't think the BQ is, or claims to be, all inclusive. High frequency devices are based on a whole different principle...

Like I said, I was probably wording that wrong, and hoped people would get what I was trying to say.. Sorry if I gave you or anyone the wrong impression of what I meant...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
OMG Kiki.....after those two rants of mine (really laughing and blushing a little, too), do ya really need to ask?

I'm loving it! I had to dash up to New York for work this week and, since there is just NO WAY I can ever set foot inside the city limits without going shopping, I took an afternoon for lunch and shopping with a gal who has been my best friend since jhs. We talk on the phone alot, but don't see each other half as much as we'd like because we both have very demanding (and often very different) work schedules.

We ate lunch at an outdoor cafe. It was a sunny day, and I didn't have anything on my skin except a tinted sunscreen. After a bit, she gave me a conspiratorial smile and said, "OK Katie, fess up now - you know you can tell me; did you have work done?" At first, I couldn't decide whether to be pleased or to smack her! Laughing.... On the one hand, I knew she was telling me I looked good, but ON THE OTHER HAND, I was thinking - AHA !!! so she thought I needed to get some work done huh Confused Confused .

Ahhh I'm kidding (sorta) - it was a lovely compliment. Like most of us, I'm pretty critical of my own appearance and often, when I look in the mirror, I see flaws that only I see. But, with that said, when I look in the mirror now, I can say, without reservation, that my skin looks better than it has EVER. We were looking at photos that were taken about 9 years ago - not only will I say that, comparing them to current photos, not only have I not aged, but in some ways, I think I look better! My overall lifestyle is better and healthier now than it was then, and I'm also happier and more content, and I know that those are unquestionably contributing factors, but I also give credit to my skincare.

Long answer, I know, but I'm doing well with mah BQ Wink
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:18 am      Reply with quote
HAHAHA, Katee we posted at the same time, when I was asking about you...

Nope, after reading your posts, I didn't need to ask...LOL

I TOTALLY understand where you're coming from, about your friends comment... I think it's a girl thing...LOL I do the same thing, only I usually ask, was I that bad, or did I look that bad, or whatever...LOL

I'm actually wondering if anything will be said to me, when we finally get the soup kitchen opened up again.. The one I volunteer at is open on Mondays and we are based out of a church basement.. They have been remodeling, and we finally gave up and closed it down completely... {Never been done in all the years it's been open} That happened 3 or 4 weeks ago, and we THINK we may be bak to business the 11th... In this time away from everyone, I've been whitening my teeth like crazy, using my Dermal Tone and now have the BQ...LOL I'm not really sure if anyone will say anything, out of being skeered, or if someone will.. Of course if they do, will I wonder too, how bad was I or if they don't will I wonder if there's any diff? LOL Not that I have a lot of work to do, but there's things that needed attention, no doubt about it...LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
HI everyone

Thanks for clearing up my questions (esp Katee) I feel ive offended alot of you with posts Crying or Very sad Sorry. Its just that because I was trying to find out more about the Baby Quasar and what IPL devices can do I ended up coming across so many different sites and reading more and more which just added to all my confusion. Like ive said im not too bright on all these things and skincare and because of this i tend to ask too many questions. I probably ask too much of you ladies but you all seem so knowledgable and have tried alot. Im totaly clueless (probably why my skin is so dire). Anyway just wanted to say sorry.

Ive wasted so much money on miracle creams (and cant really afford them half the time - just a poor little secretary in the uk, besides I keep taking in poorly stray cats that take every spare penny and more) and i just really need to make sure that the BQ is something that will help my main concerns - to diminish crows feet, under eye crepiness and lines and hopefully firm up my whole sagging face.

i really do appreciate all of your help and yes Alex has been superb (sorry if ive caused you bother Alex with all my questions on this board to others) in answering mine and others queries

Cant really say much more - just hope you are not all too annoyed with me

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Sally, you didn't offend me... And I'm very sorry if I came across like you did... I was just stating what I saw as BIG differences between the BQ and what is offended by Skylark.. Honestly I didn't realize you are in the UK, so the fact that the BQ is made here, isn't even that relevant to you...LOL

And trust me, you don't ask to many questions! I was raised by the best 'question asker' in the world, making me the 2nd best...LOL I ask anything and everything I can think of, trying to get all the info I can! I'm in no way any thing close to being as knowledgeable as most off of the wonderful people here, so we're in the same boat... If we don't ask, we don't learn...

A bit OT.. I have 3 cats right now... I had a shaded silver Persian for over 20 years that we had to put down about 3 years ago.. That as the worst thing I ever had to go thru.. She was my 3rd child.. I love my 3 now, but they'll never replace our beloved Tasha, altho one of them, we adopted, does have a lot of Tasha's personality and actions.. Plus she has some Persian in her.. Makes one wonder...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Awwww Salster not at all !!!

(kicking myself in the butt for not remembering to press my "lawyer OFF" button Embarassed )
skin adict2
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I don't think anyone has been annoyed by anyone's questions. We're so lucky that katee has been so open and educated about this device. While the initial investment is expensive, I believe it's definitely worth it because now I don't feel the need to find the next new miracle cream or spa treatment. The amount I've spent on all that nonsense comes to 10x's the amount for the BQ. Also, you can't beat the excellent customer service that Alex and Peter provide.

I too work with rescue animals and sponsor one that had no options in the shelter. I spent my tax refund on paying for her rehab training and her boarding costs the equivalent of rent. Needless to say, I no longer splurge on Starbuck's or "miracle creams" that at the end of the day really don't make that much of a difference.

I also feel a bit empowered anytime I find something that works. Kind of makes my whole outlook a tad more positive. When you feel better about the way you look, you want to be more proactive in everything else. I've since worked on my diet (less junk) and am cleaning out my closet. So at the end of the day, I think it was a good investment.
skin adict2
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, hit submit twice ...
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:54 am      Reply with quote
ah thank you both Very Happy im a whalley hey. take things to heart little too much Embarassed

Kiki I hope things are getting better after losing your little cat. I have lost a few over the years - either through illness or being knocked down. Its the hardest thing to do. Ive now took to stray cats in. The first a ginger and white one their owners abandoned him, ive had for nearly 2years now. Hes gorgeous - and a little podgy too. He was in a bad way when I got him. Then this May a little thing turned up at my house and I have never seen an animal so thin. I was so worried i got the RSPCA to come and have a look at him. Anyway they thought he was very poorly and under nourished and took him. I rang up 2/3 times a week to see how he was doing. They didnt think he would make it. Anyway after 7 weeks there they rang me to say he could be re homed. Well i was straight over there and bought him home cos i just wanted to give him a real loving home for his last years. Hes about 14-17 years old and has a thyroid problem so every 4 weeks he is having blood tests at the moment. He doesnt look like the same cat now. He plays. His fur is all glossy and thick and he now weighs 4.1. Im so proud of him. All my work colleagues call me the mad cat lady but i just love animals so much

anyway this about the Baby Quasar so must not get off the track. Do you think i would really benefit in purchasing the BQ for my concerns

Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
It has been brought to our attention that forum member "katee" slanders other companies in an effort to bolster her own client's products. There are individuals out there who are paid to do this type of thing and are unable to provide a factual basis for their statements.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:23 am      Reply with quote
legaladv wrote:
It has been brought to our attention that forum member "katee" slanders other companies in an effort to bolster her own client's products. There are individuals out there who are paid to do this type of thing and are unable to provide a factual basis for their statements.

huh? what??? i've never thought katee slanders anybody. what is this? who the hell are you??? how dare you accuse her of bolstering "her own clien's products?" what factual basis do you have for this?
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
What the......!!!???

No where has Katee done any such thing...

Sounds to me like someone {troll} from 'another company' trying to cause trouble, because we read their site and saw flaws in it, and formed our own opinions...

Hopefully the mods will take care of this...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I have been using the BQ for over 2 weeks now, usually every other day.
I have quite good skin, but my skin looks more glowy and even toned!!
I still use my dermawand and myo as well, this is in addition to my other gadgets.
I am very pleased with my results!!
Just thought I would share, lol! Very Happy
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I learned from Casper's Mum that Jellen products had contacted EDS with ridiculous threats, claiming that they had been "defamed" by my comments regarding the frequent reincarnations of their products.

Obviously, our "new member" legaladv is from Jellen.

Sooooo... Just for clarification: the comments I made regarding Jellen were not invented, nor did they come from one of their competitors. I was simply quoting something that appeared in an FDA regulatory bulletin. I didn't save the reference, but I can find it if need be. If Jellen has a problem with those remarks, I suggest that they take it up by utilizing the FDA's appeal process. That, by the way, is MY FREE LEGAL ADVICE. I offer it generously. I'd also advise the folks at Jellen to put an attorney on retainer so they have some clue what the hell they are talking about before they make silly legal threats against the owners of this board, WHO ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MY COMMENTS, or against individuals.

Second, as to the comment: "It has been brought to our attention that forum member katee slanders other companies in an effort to bolster her own client's products. There are individuals out there who are paid to do this type of thing and are unable to provide a factual basis for their statements." Be VERY, VERY careful legaladv because you are treading on very thin ice. My salary is paid by the government of the United States, which makes my "client" the American people Laughing . However, that salary and that representation has nothing to do with skin care, skin care products, or skin care devices. When I say something, I'm expressing my personal opinion. And, while I admit that I am often very opinionated Surprised , I don't make comments in an attempt to "bolster" one product by "slandering" another.

Now that I've clarified those points, I'd like to point out that if anybody is guilty of making slanderous statements without being able to provide a factual basis for them, it is legaladv. I say that not in the interest of threatening legal action, but in the interest of letting legaladv know that they've now succeeding in seriously pissing me off, and that generally isn't a great idea.

I hope that this ends this silliness and that we can proceed to discuss these matters as adults. If not, I'd be happy to meet legaladv behind the 7-11 and settle it by kicking your ass Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:45 am      Reply with quote
legaladv wrote:
It has been brought to our attention that forum member "katee" slanders other companies in an effort to bolster her own client's products.

That's just about the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Unbelievable.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Not only slanderous, but counterproductive too - just makes me think that the baby quasar must be really good to provoke that kind of reaction in a competitor!! Now I want it even more Laughing .
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:11 am      Reply with quote
fifi, if I didn't already have it, I'd be lemming it even more too! LOL

Katee, I am applauding you right now! I think anyone who read that post, knew right away, as I did, 'where' this poster was from.. IMO, all they did was, besides make an a$$ out of themselves, seal their coffin from anyone on this board to ever purchase from them.. And lets face it, we all talk to other people, online and off..Word of mouth is the best or worst form of advertising! All this poster did was validate my point of, if anything happening they probably wouldn't be any kind of helpful...

WTG Katee!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
oh dear

I think this is all down to me posting the reply i received and asking others opinions - sorry ladies - I really didnt think i was doing anything wrong. despite my mistake no one made slanderous remarks as far as I could see. I also got a personal email asking me to delete my post so I contacted EDS and they have removed it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Sally,

Don't you dare apologize, sweetie. You didn't do anything wrong!!! If we can't exchange information here, then what's the point?!?!?!
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:22 am      Reply with quote
thanks Katee

Almost had a loopy fit with panic when I received an email personally, then to come on the forum and see you had been accused Embarassed

cor blimey Ill not dare say another word after this

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Anxious leave for a week or so and all hell breaks loose!!! How sad another company resorted to such low ball tactics over nothing!! I want a front row seat behind the 7-11 Laughing !! Ok ladies no new update, life went wango and I've only managed to wash face and slap cream on, but I do vow to get busy with my BQ!!!
Plroweny
5% products discount

Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Katee, You go girl! Need help, I'll meet you at 7-11. Smile Pat
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
salster68 wrote:
cor blimey Ill not dare say another word after this

speak all you want! that's the joy of this forum -- we respect each other's opinions, even if we don't always agree with them Very Happy

p.s. katee, i'll join you as well. gotta put my bionic arm to the test Bad Grin
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Awwww Sally, I'm so sorry you've been made to feel badly this past couple days.. You HAVEN'T done one thing wrong! If we can't ask questions and give opinions, then what's the good of boards like this... You keep asking, as the rest of us will.. And giving opinions.. Like everything in life, what works for one won't work for another.. And many times, someone might see what others might be missing...

It's just sad when, when someone like 'that' poster comes along and causes trouble..

BTW, I'll be happy to join y'all in the back of the 7-11.. Wink I'll bring my shoe to throw.. And beliee me, my shoes can take out the biggest, baddest you know what... Laughing Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
and sally thats exactly what his email wanted to accomplish, ask away!! If he can intimidate you over you doing nothing wrong then his bullying has worked.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |