Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:43 am      Reply with quote
I am certainly not a "shill"......LOL. Just a very satisfied customer! WOULD LIKE TO SAY A BIG THANK YOU TO KATEE FOR BRINGING THIS TO THIS FORUM - LOVE YA!

I have been using it every other day since I received it about 2 weeks ago and certainly noticing a firmness of the skin - and an itcy bitcy plumpness..lol. My fine lines on the side of my eyes are almost gone. My left line from the nose down looks plumped up. I had good skin to begin with, but as with age the fine lines on my forehead was starting to show.....don't see any improvement on these yet, then again I have only been using it for 2 weeks Very Happy Very Happy

Will keep "all" up dated Very Happy

Almost forgot to mention - I met my in-laws this weekend and from the look "she" gave me - I new the BQ was working for me Angel Laughing Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
You and me both rashirosey! hahaha...if I were a shill I'd definitely be richer than what I am now. =P

Working in a aesthetics clinic has taught me that everyone's skin reacts and responds differently even on the same machine. And most importantly results are accumulative. For a lot of people, waiting too long in between each treatments makes you lose the results of the previous treatment.

So keep up the work and I'm sure we'll all start to see results pretty soon. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to say that I'm seeing more devices of this sort on the market. It must be one of the latest trends in skincare. And like katee originally said, there's bona fide science behind the premise of photorejuvenation. For instance, an elderly diabetic friend of mine gets light treatments on his feet which have increased his circulation and sensation (a very good thing!). However, the sort used on him emits heat and his skin has to be protected with some kind of plastic wrap.

So I don't doubt the possibility that the BQ can help. Like AnnieR said, perhaps it wouldn't take the place of the more heavy-duty Quasars used in salons, but could at least be a handy appliance to help keep up any benefits experienced from similar salon treatments. And if one's goals aren't unrealistic and there's a willingness to use it persistently, the BQ would itself be good enough.

Now I'm hoping the price will come down over time!
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Just thrilled...not shilled..lol. I certainly will Fenn.....every other day for the rest of my life Shock

Like April is saying, it is getting quite popular now, and the prices are sure gonna come down.......by then I should have perfect skin! Embarassed Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't see "overnight results" just subtle ones over time. Lately I've had problems with puffiness under my eyes and creases on my chest that wouldn't go away. They haven't magically disappeared, but overall my face just looks better. Hard to explain. I also put on a serum for my hyperpigmentation problems before using the BQ and it seems to have helped speed up the fading process. After trying everything (topical creams, facial exercises, electric stimulations, exfoliating, yadda yadda yadda), it's nice to have something you can count on. I've also cut down on my facial cream expenditures. I don't go and rush out to purchase the newest serum or cream because at the end of the day, they don't really work as well as the BQ.
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I am so glad I found this site! I so bad want Quasar (?)...can you use it for you're pregnant or trying to get pregnant? Thanks!
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I don't think it's recommended if attempting pregnancy or during pregnancy. It's the only reason why I haven't bit the bullet and purchased Baby Q yet. First I was trying to get pregnant and then found out I finally am! So I think my skin aspirations may be on hold just for a little while.
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations Roadbee!!!!! Are there other things your supposed to stay aeay from while trying to get pregnant? I'm thinking about IS and Juice products...again cngratulations on being pregnant!!!!!
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Me too definitely not a shill. I haven't posted any further comments lately because I've only had my BabyQ for about ten days and I've used it about 5 times. Since I don't really expect any lasting results until I've used it around 20 times, I figured I had nothing really to say yet. However, immediately after using it my skin looks firm, toned and fresh. These results seem to last for about 4 hours and I'm hoping they will be cumulative and eventually last for longer. The device has, however, made a huge difference to three coin-sized patches of very persistent eczema and I'm optimistic that they will be gone altogether in about another week. Although I don't look ten years younger yet Laughing I 'm not sorry I bought the BabyQ.

Forgot to say congratulations to Roadbee!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
See I knew if I started reading through this forum again it was going to cost me a lot of money. I am hanging on at the moment but am following this topic with interest & showing immense restraint, for which my hubby would be very appreciative if he realised how much money he is saving.
I know that I am going to weaken soon & may ask for one for christmas.
Anyone from Uk got one yet. If so where did they purchase from & did the tax man slap import duty on it.
Also about the shilling as soon as you rave about a product someone will accuse you of shilling. As if it's not patently obvious when someone really is doing that. I think we are all pretty intelligent & can see for ourselves when we are being manipulated & I havent read anything on this that makes me feel I am. I think all the reviews have been written honestly & openly.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks bex and Cesce! My heart still races whenever I think about how life will change.

Now as far as safe products for pregnancy go I've tried to keep it simple with various moisturizing oils, emu and almond. Products with vitamin A (ie. retinol) are a no no. As is hydroquinone although I haven't read much about kojic acid...It's okay to use AHAs like glycolic acid but not salicylic acid, a BHA. L-ascorbic acid is fine too.

If I start a skin care fund now, I may have enough put aside for BabyQ and other goodies afterwards without feeling any guilt.
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my goodness, Roadbee! Since you said about how life will change, I guess it's your first! Even more congrats, because there's nothing like it. You love subsequent ones just as much but, with the first, the actual experience is just so... I'm not putting this very well: the excitement of the pregnancy is the same, the welcoming of your new child is the same, the love is the same. But your first (pregnancy, not child) I think is just a little bit indefinably different. Maybe it's the transition to mother. I think that might be it. I do hope you enjoy it, as I did.
MarieChung

Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I got myself the "Photon Beauty" Skylark device off ebay that's supposed to be more powerful than the BQ a week ago, just b/c it's cheaper on ebay and overnight shipping. It's definitely working big time on my face, so I have no doubt about Red light therapy anyway. Calmed my facial redness alot and skin looks moer moist and faded sunspots are the major changes I've seen so far. No new zits, so that's a good sign too I guess. Sitll only a week in so I'll keep posting.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
MarieChung wrote:
I got myself the "Photon Beauty" Skylark device

Oh good grief. Let's NOT go there again! Funny, 1st post and it's about that product.. Me thinks something may be a might fishy... Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Roadbee... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What wonderful news..

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thats so funny Kiki, i was just thinking the same thing! Eh? Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin

roadbee, congrats on such an awesome miracle! You won't have to worry w/any xtra beauty products...you never look more beautiful than when you're pregnant! Enjoy this beautiful time in your life.
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Odd but its been nearly 2 weeks and still no response from AdvaThera. Re-send I guess.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Jeffer, why don't you call Alex /Pete or e-mail them not PM. Most of the time Alex is very good at replying e-mails.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Jeffer, I eventually got a (very sweet and apologetic) response from Alex to my pm, then emailed him directly with more questions and haven't had a response to that yet either Laughing . I think that maybe if they're still quite a small company they might find it easier to handle things done over the phone. If you live in the States I'd definitely try calling - I only emailed because I'm in the UK and it's so much easier and less expensive, but I'll call him if I don't get a response to that soon.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I would definately call Alex, Jeffer. Still loving my Baby Q, using it right now. Great for tired eyes in the morning. Hey Marie Chung, how many AA batteries does that Photon thing use? Laughing Laughing

Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
now I'm a shill? yeah, ok. Photon Beauty was mentioned on this very thread long before I mentioned it by Fenn who researched it.
blissgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:45 am      Reply with quote
This thread is massive! Laughing

I, too, am thinking about slapping down 5 bills for this, but still thinking hmm

There has been a little talk of this being used for dark circles, which is what I would would like to use it for. I have thin skin and visible veins under my eyes, and I thought the collagen building and circulation benefits might help...?

LOL, OT, but came across these pics when googling 'baby quasar'!

http://www.kirazamber.com/quasarbaby.html

cheers,
blissgirl

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
blissgirl wrote:
LOL, OT, but came across these pics when googling 'baby quasar'!

http://www.kirazamber.com/quasarbaby.html

the cutest!!! Laughing
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Well, here's my story on using my BQ on my persistent knee tendonitis: I'm using it nightly on the continuous wave setting, for maybe 20 min. each knee where it hurts. After spending $$ and months in visits to the chiropractor for ultrasound, e-stim, etc. and using a topical sport cream, NONE of that helped. The BQ has helped so much that I can walk 40 minutes on the treadmill now, w/o resuming the nightly aching. So in my particular experience I'm considering it a success for the tendonitis. (It's not "gone" but it's soooo much better.)
Every other night I also use all 3 settings on my face/neck and that'll take a while to see improvement.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:17 am      Reply with quote
MarieChung wrote:
now I'm a shill? yeah, ok. Photon Beauty was mentioned on this very thread long before I mentioned it by Fenn who researched it.

NO ONE called you a shill or any other name! And yes, that product was mentioned.. If you had read the entire dealings, you would have seen exactly WHY you got the reaction you got to your post...

I wish you all the luck with your purchase...

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |