Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I was trying to edit, and ended up quoting myself... Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Chocolat, thanks so much for posting about your tendonitis.. I have it in my thumball area.. Life has been crazy the past few weeks, and I haven't been able to use my Baby like I should be.. I did start using it on my tendonitis 3 nights ago.. Did my 2nd treatment last night... I was going to read thru the manual to see about daily.. Good to know you're doing it that way.. I will start doing that as well!!!

I have also done only one treatment on my lower back, so have no results to report on that at all.. It was a real PITA doing it by myself... My arms were killing me...LOL I
really need to have someone do it for me, but that's hard with all the different schedules..

BTW, how long has it taken you, to get these results?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Kiki, I've been consistently using it nightly (OK, at least 6 nights/week) for probably two weeks and since I've had this problem since May, it's is really the first continual improvement I've had. I've mostly resumed my regular workout schedule (except no drop lunges...too much stress) and I'm more careful about stretching first now, which I was always bad about, so it's been a learning experience. I also take MSM and glucosamine/chondroitin.
MarieChung

Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki wrote:
MarieChung wrote:
now I'm a shill? yeah, ok. Photon Beauty was mentioned on this very thread long before I mentioned it by Fenn who researched it.

NO ONE called you a shill or any other name! And yes, that product was mentioned.. If you had read the entire dealings, you would have seen exactly WHY you got the reaction you got to your post...

I wish you all the luck with your purchase...

Ok, so what's wrong with the Photon Beauty. I've honestly had great results in only a week with it. Is there something I should know about it???? Please tell.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi MarieChung:

Do you know the wavelength(s) for your photon Beauty?

TIA

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Jeffer, why don't you call Alex /Pete or e-mail them not PM. Most of the time Alex is very good at replying e-mails.

I did email him, 2 weeks ago.

He has responded now, we got the email working finally. !
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
blissgirl wrote:

LOL, OT, but came across these pics when googling 'baby quasar'!

http://www.kirazamber.com/quasarbaby.html

funny, i as well came across that a few weeks back
MarieChung

Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:56 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Hi MarieChung:

Do you know the wavelength(s) for your photon Beauty?

TIA

No, but it's all red light. I notice a dif every time for while after using it. Plumper, skin is less red, and just seems moister.

It was just alot cheaper than BQ on ebay and I heard it was stronger too, so I thought it was a no brainer and I grabbed it.
misszirz

Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the Color Ray. Still early to tell, but I wanted others opinions on it. I posted earlier in the thread with no response. Wanted the baby Q but not in my budget at the moment.

I found it under acne/wrinkle light on ebay
The nano numbers (Greek to me) are as follows.
This Color Ray is the latest advanced technology for skin treatment. It is not a laser device. It uses Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) that emit high intensity red and blue light waves between 580nm and 980nm.
How does this compare to baby Q?
What are the key things to look for in a home use device?
I may have noticed slight improvement in pore size and hyperpigmentation, but not sure since I've only used it 6 times.
Directions that came with were poor translation to English, but it is pretty simple to use.
Appreciate anyone with any experience in the less expensive photo devices.
Thanks!!
misszirz
MarieChung

Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, my roomate has alot of facial redness, i guess rosacea? -- and she's been using my Photon Beauty more than me and -- swear on my life -- her face is not red AT ALL for like 4-5 hours after using Photon Beauty for 10-15 minutes. And overall she's WAY less red than she was just last week. She was all flushed from running today and she tried it b/c she wasn't sure if her improvement was from lemon fast she was on, or Photon Beauty, and after 10 minutes with the red light redness was gone. And I don't just mean a little bit. Completely, totally gone. No exaggeration at all. Completely.

I have darker skin and have noticed more subtle dif and more texture improvement, but thought I'd share.

Very very very impressed with what I've seen from strong red light therapy thus far.
blissgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone Very Happy

I found this Pretika LED device on amazon for only $35;

http://www.amazon.com/Pretika-ST197-Lightsonic-Pulsating-Therapy/dp/B000F5EGFA/sr=1-11/qid=1159720525/ref=sr_1_11/104-6416559-7967936?ie=UTF8&s=hpc

The wavelength is 660 nanometers per second- It says it uses infrared light, although since infrared is invisible, it looks as though it uses red as well.

I wonder how it compares to the baby quasar?hmm

Probably too good to be true, pricewise... Rolling Eyes

have a fab day,
blissgirl

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
and what about DPL LED therapy? would that be considered the same type of thing as the baby q and the photon that was mentioned? just wondering if anyone knows the differences and if there is any reason one is better than the other.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:04 am      Reply with quote
hi everyone. I've been reading this forum for a while now, and have finally registered because I want to be as clear as possible about the potential purchase of a photorejuvenation device.

The Baby Q is relatively expensive.

Do those of you who have bought it, feel fully justified in the outlay, or is it one of those things that may well end up at the back of the drawer?

Does anyone who bought it also have Dermawand? Does it render that redundant?

I use the clarisonic skin brush - would it be compatible with this product?
Does anyone think there is a product equal to BabyQ but less costly?

Does anyone wish they'd bought the more pwerful Quasar device? ( I understand it does the job quicker?)

Thanks everyone. I love reading your discussions , and I love the information sharing, and looking out for each other, in this complex field!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:50 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
The Baby Q is relatively expensive.

Agreed but I don't regret the purchase at all.

Do those of you who have bought it, feel fully justified in the outlay, or is it one of those things that may well end up at the back of the drawer?

Yes, I do. In fact, I leave the power plugged in to a strip in my living room so I can quickly use the BQ while relaxing. I keep the container in there, as well, so no drawer for me! I use it between every day to every few days.

Does anyone who bought it also have Dermawand? Does it render that redundant?

I have the Oxylight but rarely use it now because a) PSF Cranberry Phyto-Lift raises my eyes to unbelievable heights (!) and b) I rarely breakout anymore. Now that you mentioned it, though, I might have to start using it again for the nice clean glow it adds. Perhaps, I will do a quick round of this after my BQ and see how it goes.

I use the clarisonic skin brush - would it be compatible with this product?

Yes, I use mine every night. It shouldn't conflict unless your skin is VERY sensitive but then, I'd not imagine you'd use the Clarisonic, either, if that was the case.

Does anyone think there is a product equal to BabyQ but less costly?

Can't help with this one as I'm very happy w/the BQ and didn't research after.

Does anyone wish they'd bought the more pwerful Quasar device? ( I understand it does the job quicker?)

No, I couldn't justify the cash as the baby was costly enough. I bought it for repair of redness (mainly broken caps) and skin rejuvination. The caps are slowly fading and I will post pics when they are gone for good but it may take a month, I think.

Thanks everyone. I love reading your discussions , and I love the information sharing, and looking out for each other, in this complex field!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:52 am      Reply with quote
thanks scalawag girl - those are encouraging answers.. PLUS, I really now have to go find out about what exactly this eye lift stuff is that you're using...!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:00 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
thanks scalawag girl - those are encouraging answers.. PLUS, I really now have to go find out about what exactly this eye lift stuff is that you're using...!

It's by PSF (Pure Skin Formulations) and available from EDS. It is fantastic and you can get samples, though, for those I believe you have to go directly to the supplier. Do a quick google to find them.

Check out the last pic in this thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=16585&start=50

You will see how much of a difference this product has made with lifting my eyes. I swear, it is like I had a brow lift (watched a few episodes of Extreme Makeover in my time).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:54 am      Reply with quote
yes, you're right, scalawag girl - it does a great job on your eyelids.

I'd love something that had a turn - back - the - clock on my lower eye area. not bags, just sunken..

yeauch.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Scalawag, could you please let me know your opinion about the moisturizing properties of the PSF's cranberry eye lift ? (it's not quite clear from the ingredients to me)
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
I have to agree with everything that scalawaggirl said..

I don't have a Derma Wand, altho that is on my purchase list... Nor do I have a clarisonic skin brush... I do use it with my Dermal Tone tho.. Even tho the Baby will give you lift, I want to cover all my bases, and since I have it, I'll use it... I also have an iSkin dermbrasion unit.. The Baby can be used with any product you use, and will help them work even that much better... I find for myself that my products seem to absorb much better.. And I'm seeing results...

I'm out of the PSF phylo lift, and it's KILLING me! I love that product.. It seems like a big lay out of cash at first, but it will last for months, literally! My eyes feel so wonderful after I apply it...

I keep my Baby right beside me at my computer, with everything else.. That way, they aren't in another room and I don't 'forget' to use them..

I'm very pleased with my purchase, but agree it is expensive.. I wouldn't consider the Quasar, because it is a pro model and I wouldn't be using it for business..

Hope I helped some.. It's a big purchase, no doubt, but one I feel is worth it...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Chocolat, I'm sorry, I didn't see your reply to me.. Thank you so much for telling me what you're doing to achieve your results.. After reading your post about your progress, that's what I started doing, altho not as often as I know I should.. {Darn life keeps getting in the way!} Good to know that I should be on my way to much less pain, IF I can just keep it up...LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
Scalawag, could you please let me know your opinion about the moisturizing properties of the PSF's cranberry eye lift ? (it's not quite clear from the ingredients to me)

Hi, Lin23. I personally don't find the eye lift very moisturizing but neither is it drying; I'm not certain that it's supposed to be, either, so I don't use it with that expectation.

Also, I actually apply this to my upper lids and orbital bone area. For under my eyes, I use PSF Stimucol-C, which provides a lovely tightening, anti-oxidants and moisturization but I also apply PSF Super Hydrating Eye Cream and THAT's my new holy grail under eye cream!!! Holy cow, with these 3 products, my eyes are wide awake-looking, protected and hydrated with no greasy-feeling!!!!!!!

Can you tell I love PSF? They are one of my holy grail vendors. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Say dealated? Is MSM good regrowing hair on your head? Then again, why would anyone want to regrow hair anywhere else, well other than their eyebrows perhaps. I certainly know about MSM but never heard it was good for regrowing hair! I'll have to go do some research on it--has anyone you know had any success with it if using it for that purpose? Thanks!
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Say dealated? Is MSM good regrowing hair on your head? Then again, why would anyone want to regrow hair anywhere else, well other than their eyebrows perhaps. I certainly know about MSM but never heard it was good for regrowing hair! I'll have to go do some research on it--has anyone you know had any success with it if using it for that purpose? Thanks!
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:45 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Can you tell I love PSF? They are one of my holy grail vendors. :)

Oh yes, and you're right Scalawag! I had few samples from them : they work nice - and they feel nice. And don't cost a fortune !
Oh my, 3 products for my eyes - that's too fussy for me, i'd like to minimize, for two at least.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Catski-I do not regret the Baby Q at all. I also feel I didn't need the more powerful Q either, but I have the time and patience for the baby Q. It does give a lift and it is noticable to me and to others. I really like using it in the morns when I get up way too early and need some help (like @ 4:30 this morning to take my hubby to his deviated septum/nasal operation at the hospitol and am dragging.) I use it every other day/every 3-4 days if I am too busy. I do own a Clarisonic and use it nightly. The combo of that, plus my IS clinical products, have given me amazing skin compared to when I first started this journey. Biggest compliment is my derm's nurse, who said that she always remembers me because I have the most gorgeous, glowing skin (which I always am finding fault with). But having said that, I also am a firm believer in water,vitamins, excercise, yoga and eating healthy. I think it takes a village, so to speak, to achieve results that work from the inside out as well. As it is a costly device, I would not recommend the Baby Q if I didn't believe in it.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |