Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I am curious if anyone has tried the lightsim, and I didnt see specifics anywhere on the site about the LEDs used, such as infrared, red, blue ect.
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Here is the response from Lightstim and what I have learned. Alex/Baby Quasar has not responded to me.

The lightStim uses 4 different wave lengths between 600nm and 1000nm. It has 72 lights in a 2 1/2 inch head. The main difference is that the quasar housing is made of aluminum, our is made of high quality plastic.

One thing I can say about the power and effect is this: A large medical equipment company asked us if they could test our light to use as an attachment to their medical machine. They also tested the baby quasar and others. They chose our light and submitted it for FDA aproval. The aproval is not through yet but that was a complete tested comparison and the LightStim came out on top.

But it seems like the Baby Quasar has the pulse, which here is what Lightstim stated:
. . . The pulsing action has proven to be non-significant with regards to effect.

I wish I could find someone too who has used the Lightstim and their response to it.
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
so the nm rates could be slightly different, as in slightly different colour combinations, but both claim 4 different wavelengths but do not specify the exact of each wavelength. Lightsim does say around 500-1000nm wavelenghts though which indicates a broader spectrum of colour considering 500nm is around the green-yellow colour and 1000 is alll the way to IR. So 2 differences between them is the spectrum of light, amount of light, and pulsing which BQ has.

Im gonna go buy some LEDs, wire em up on a circuit board and place a cone around them.

Ive tried to equate the profit they make on each unit, it must be quite large. But i dont know all the variables that have gone into the production so it could be quite slim,,, ie research costs
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
After looking at these products over the last while I decided to go ahead and order the LightStim, it should be here within a few days (I'm in Canada) The price was a factor for sure, especially once the price went up on the other following the interest on this board. I'll let you know how it goes.

A few years back I ordered a Light Force Therapy unit to use on my husband's back, it was very effective, so much so that my daughter confiscated it when she moved for her sciatica etc issues. Smile

I'll suggest she try it on her face from time to time and report back!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm of the firm belief something well made would cost more and be worth the expense. I equate that in my shoes, watches, purses, etc that I buy. To me the baby Q is no differant. The aluminum housing versus the plastic would be a huge selling point for me in considering which to buy. If they used cheap material for that, who's to say how well the rest of it is made? The baby Q feels, looks and performs like a high quality piece of equipment. If I owned a spa, (and my hubby and friends have tried to talk me into buying one) I would not be ashamed to use a baby Q in it, although I would be ashamed to have a plastic device in one. But hey, I have a baby Q and love it, so this debate isn't mine as far as purchase goes, just my opinion.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't have said it any better, Annie!!!

The first thing that jumped out at me, was the plastic case, and some other things that I will refrain from posting about... Very Happy Wink

I'm a firm believer, you get what you pay for... And in this case, I believe it's a quality product, well researched to back it up, and well worth the money...

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Well, another factor is the incredibly good customer service we have been getting from Advanthera-both individually in phone calls & emails, as well as on these forums-all of my responses have been very quick from James of Advanthera. Of course, to be fair, Lightstim's customer service is not a known factor-but I've only got big kudos to AdvanThera's customer service!
Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, I'm Kiki. I feel like the info and testimonials are out there but either people just aren't believing that it works and/or they are looking for cheaper comparisons to fit a budget (which I know I would if I couldn't afford it) and we keep beating a dead horse, so to speak. The skeptisism is understandable at the price the baby Q costs, but if I didn't get visible results I would have returned it in a heartbeat, and so can anyone. But I do think the results will mimic the price of the cheaper ones and the expensive ones. We don't need an expensive object sitting on a shelf in our bathrooms that doesn't work, that would be taking up room for more beauty products that did!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, hey...I totally agree with Kiki, AnnieR and Maria...something well made costs money, and I am very happy with my BQ.

Thank you Alex for coming back with the usage question....in my case it is a double bonus. Anything to save time. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
You girls are right about the great customer service and I like knowing that if I have a problem, their warranty and customer service will back it up. I'm off to use my Baby Q (with my extension cord and decleor anqelique oil on my face for extra ooomph 'cause I did a peel a few days ago.) Wink I know it's a not a clean face, but I thought I would try it out. Anyone else tried it with something on their skin, or is this too big a nono?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
yes, but if they are able to lower there production costs by using a high quality plastic over a metal housing, pass those savings to the consumer, im all for it. Im not concerned with the quality of the housing im concerned with the quality of the LEDs, and electronics within which dont usually vary that distinctly for LEDs but i could be wrong. Would you buy metal bottles of vitamins over plastic bottles of vitamins because that was an indication of the quality of the product within?

not a perfect analogy but vitamins are sitting here in front of me

im anxious to hear the results Dahli experiences.

i have half a mind to buy both products and test them both out and return the one i have less results with
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
You're so right about feeling like we're beating a dead horse, Annie! Again, I'm going to refrain from saying something that seems so obvious to me...

Wow, I could have sworn I also mentioned the great customer service.. I know it was in my brain, but I guess it didn't go to my fingies...LOL That says a lot about the company.. They don't just tell you that their product is great, they really back it up and are very willing to help...

As far as the plastic case goes, you're correct, the vitamin analogy is {far} from perfect...

"Would you buy metal bottles of vitamins over plastic bottles of vitamins because that was an indication of the quality of the product within?"

Sure, if the vitamin was a better quality in a metal bottle, I would buy them.. I want quality in everything I purchase, not something that isn't as good... I personally AM concerned with the quality of ANY product I purchase.. I don't want to be replacing it, down the line..

I have to ask, why are a few of you so bent on questioning our purchase of a more expensive product and trying to convince us that a product you've admittedly never used, is better??? Just wondering why such, what seems to me anyway, a hard sell? If you want to get the other product, get it.. Email them and get all your answers.. Obvioulsy we don't know the answer to your questions.. Ask them, get their answers and maybe start another thread about it.. That way it doesn't get all jumbled up and lost in this thread... I'm just sayin'...

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
your correct about the thread being slightly hijacked, but it is rather relative considering they are identical products. I am glad that there was at least some mention of lightsim as I would of most likely not known of the product.

I dont think anyone is questioning your purchase of the Baby Q over another. I believe like most people, they want the best quality for the cheapest price and for better understanding they ask questions. pretty simple.

As far as customer service with advather, they are very helpful and has influenced my decision...which is still undecided(broke college student)
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't say the thread was jacked.. Altho it seems some are trying, and 'slightly', is a slightly weak term of it... Smile

I'm just saying, get your answers from the company, as no one here can answer them.. THEY can... Then start a thread for it.. That would make it much easier for people to find the info they want, on either product.. I would think this would be a better way for those of you who want info, to also compare, and make your decision on which product you wish to purchase, rather than going back thru the thread for however many pages looking for different info, that you could very well overlook, as it's been buried...

I hope you see what I'm saying.. I want to compare with others who have the BQ... Not have to keep reading thru posts that have nothing to do with the product I have, and have no intentions of purchasing... {And again, no one here can answer your questions but the company} That's a waste of my time and others who feel the same way.. Do your researh at places where your questions can be answered.. This is not that place...

This thread is totally different from other types of skin care products, {moisturizers, serums, sunscreens, etc.}, that are easier {much less expensive}replaced if someone wants to try a different product...

It would just make it easier for everyone, and no one is then wasting their time, including you..IMO

Just my feelings on this... No meaness intended...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:03 am      Reply with quote
Hey you guys! I've looked at both the Baby Q and the LightStim ... just "shopping" ... won't be able to purchase either one of them right now or for a little while, but am getting the preliminary stuff (research) out of the way now so that when I do have the $, I can part with it as soon as humanly possible so I can buy one of these contraptions!

In any case, in looking at the LightStim website (which, IMHO, is pretty cheesy, and their "before and after" pictures are really, really bad Rolling Eyes -- that said, I'm none too impressed with the BQ people raising the price on their product after EDS basically sent a wave of business their way! Rolling Eyes Just my 2 cents ... rant off!) I happened to notice that they are based in Costa Mesa, California. In fact, their offices are located not too far from where I used to live. I lived in Orange County my entire life (up until moving to LA, where I am now, to finish school at UCLA) and I go back there all the time. In fact, I'm going back down to Newport Beach this Friday.

The reason I mention this is if any of you want me to pick up any literature, etc., from the folks over at LightStim, I'll swing on by and get it for you. Just let me know! Very Happy
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki, you said exactly what I meant to say about the other products. Buy it, then rant or rave on your own thread or buy both and then compare both. But quit overthinking it!!
That does bother me though, that the price was raised on the baby Q. I did remember reading that a while back, but hoped it had been corrected. They should have at least given a price break to EDS members, or when someone complained lowered it back down. That makes me rave in a lot lower volume for those that might be on the fence and thinking of buying. I didn't get any discount, (nor a free one) but I would have hoped that anyone who bought it based on my opinion of it would have at least got a good deal. Not a smart marketing move, come on guys!!!
Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure but my guess is that AdvanThera decided to stop offering the already discounted prices offered on Amazon/eBay due to the slam in order volume they're getting (likely very much helped by this thread)!

I believe the normal price was around $800 for the BabyQ. Does anyone know what it is now? I'm just glad I bit the bullet and bought it. Smile As for the marketing gesture, I am not too bothered by it because I think it was actually a good ploy to get more people on board and using the product. It makes sense that at some point, the price would revert. Just my thoughts.

As for the recent discussions, I agree w/I'm Kiki and AnnieR, a new thread should be started to discuss the other item.

Oh, and I stand corrected on the BabyQ/BigQ differences. I misunderstood and now know it's 2x the strength as well as a larger head. Whoops!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks AnnieR and scalawaggirl.. I just knew I couldn't be the only one feeling like this!

As for the price increase, I agree Annie... A $50.00 jump in price, with no notice to, or even a price break {to the original price} to the EDS board, does seem kinda rotten after all the business I'm sure we have given them... That stinks, IMO...

scalawaggirl, in talking with Alex, when I ordered mine, he did tell me that they originally priced the BQ at $800.00, but weren't selling, until they lowered it to the $400.00 we all paid.. Now it's up to $450.00.. {Probably $449.99 is more accurate...LOL} I understand that, that's the norm for companies with a good, successful product to operate, and that's fine.. More power to them, companies are in it to make money, fine too... But it still remains that they have gotten a lot of business from us, and they should remember that, and give the EDS members a break, at least to the price we paid.. Shoot, they can even require a min. number of posts and length of membership here, if they want, so everyone doesn't join just for that. {Altho, new members who contribute would be great!} I have no idea how they could do it, but it's a thought... On the other hand tho, how many times have we all put off buying something, or gone to repurchase something and found the prices had gone up? Again.. Just my opinion...

That being said, I'm with you scalawaggirl, I'm glad I bit the bullet and bought mine as well.. I have no regrets, and believe in the product and it's quality..

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
they are really helpful there and i think they *are* appreciative of all the business the forum has thrown their way.... i bet if a forum member that's still interested contacted them directly, they would give some sort of accomodation -- be it free shipping, split the $50 price increase, honour the original price but charge shipping, or whatnot. we shouldn't really judge them without asking, you know?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the clarification, I'm Kiki. Makes a lot more sense now. You made some interesting points, I think for both sides of the coin. Smile

Perhaps, James will chime in regarding the price change. Maybe they did it to control the volume of orders!!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
When the baby quasar was priced at $400 (in the summer I think) I remember that Alex had said that there were only a limited number that they were selling at that price and that, I believe, the price was going to increase as of September.
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I ordered the Baby Q sometime ago now and just waiting for its arrival. Ive been reading the post again and looked at the Lightstim device. The results from the before and after pictures look fab especially for a short time the product was used.

The reasons I decided with the Baby Q are as follows:-

Loss of Elasticity in skin - I desperately need to firm and tone my face. Firm the area under my eyes (little baggy and puffy). Nose to mouth line seems a bit saggy now as does eyelids

Wrinkles - to decrease eye wrinkles (crepiness under eyes and crows feet). Diminish frown line

The above are my main concerns for purchasing the Baby Quaser and along with these i would like to get rid of a few broken capilaries and improve my complexion.

Is it really truely possible that the Baby Q can address my issues and impove these problems I have so that I will see a difference

Also when I receive my Baby Q what products do I put on my face before using it - ive read about Aloe Vera or HA (if so which brand and where from are the best) or am i best with a clean dry face.

Sorry to ask so many questions. I just like to be sure on how to do things to get the best results

Thanks to you all

Sally

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:30 am      Reply with quote
salster68 wrote:
Hi

I ordered the Baby Q sometime ago now and just waiting for its arrival. Ive been reading the post again and looked at the Lightstim device. The results from the before and after pictures look fab especially for a short time the product was used.

The reasons I decided with the Baby Q are as follows:-

Loss of Elasticity in skin - I desperately need to firm and tone my face. Firm the area under my eyes (little baggy and puffy). Nose to mouth line seems a bit saggy now as does eyelids

Wrinkles - to decrease eye wrinkles (crepiness under eyes and crows feet). Diminish frown line

The above are my main concerns for purchasing the Baby Quaser and along with these i would like to get rid of a few broken capilaries and improve my complexion.

Is it really truely possible that the Baby Q can address my issues and impove these problems I have so that I will see a difference

Also when I receive my Baby Q what products do I put on my face before using it - ive read about Aloe Vera or HA (if so which brand and where from are the best) or am i best with a clean dry face.

Sorry to ask so many questions. I just like to be sure on how to do things to get the best results

Thanks to you all

Sally

Sally, I think it would be best for you to follow the formula as was mapped out for MariaV by James. It would be a good starting point for you since you would probably get a bit dry with daily/green use (not recommended for the masses). It will help with skin tone, absolutely, and give a nice, more plump texture. The broken caps (I am working on these right now) will take longer to see results. I would guess about 5 months to really see them gone but you must be diligent - I would use the green on these during the last part of the routine.

As for skin tightening, I believe the BQ helps this by initiating new collagen growth but for additional help in that area, you will find that Copper Peptides will help both tighten the skin and rebuild collagen. DMAE products (as we discussed on the other thread) are what you will really see helping with droopy skin. I am a huge fan of all of these products working together to give me the big bang results. Smile

Hope that helps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:00 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose,

I totally agree, that they are appreciative of all the business and great reviews they have gotten from us.. Just as we're appreciative of all their help! Thinking otherwise had never entered my mind.. That's the reason I tried to point out both sides in my post.. I don't think any of us were judging, just discussing our thoughts on it... I'm sorry you thought we were..

lily,

Good to know that there was a limited supply to be sold at the price we got.. Again, that makes sense to me... Not an unusual practice for any business... Thanks for that info..

Hi Sally!

Good to hear from you again.. What scalawaggirl said is good advice, IMO. Personally, I'm trying to 'get down' the procedure recommended now.. I keep rereading it, and I guess I'm just dense, because I'm not totally sure I'm understanding it...LOL I know it should be so simple, as I'm sure it is, but I'm going to have to keep rereading it before my next treatment on Thursday {going by the 4-6 day rec} When it finally sinks in to my poor brain, I'll have one of those TADA moments...LOL

I haven't used anything with my BQ, just use the Witch Hazel to take off any lingering junk left from cleansing... I did buy a bottle of food quality aloe vera gel, but haven't even tried that yet... I have however used it mixed with a few drops of jojoba oil for a moisturizer...LOL

I would like to try a good HA.. At this point, I don't want to get it online if I don't have to.. Can anyone rec a good one I can get at Whole Foods or a place like that? I do have some from garden of wisdom, they sent as a sample, and I really like it.. But have never used it with the BQ for some reason...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Scalawaggirl, Kiki and everyone

many many thanks again Very Happy Think I am just panicking that the Baby Q wont help. I wanted to make sure this will address my concerns, especially my wrinkles and bags around my eyes. Plus im terrible with any sort of device (i can just manage my hairdryer Laughing ) as i tend to make a mountain out of a mole hill when it comes to instructions. God help all you ladies when my Baby Q is delivered - I shall be asking alsorts of questions yet again on the correct usage of it - I apologise in advance Confused

Scalawaggirl I havent received the sample kit yet from Skin Biology but will let you know when I do

Kiki ive still been around but have been being good since I copied that reply I received from "the company" about a similar device to the Baby Q. Crikey what a palava I caused there hey Embarassed Are you using the Baby Q for wrinkles or anything like what I am wanting to use it for? If so are they helping?

Hope everyon eis well

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |