Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Andrea,
Funny you should mention that about Cesce-just today-I noticed the lines above my upper lip have smoothed noticeably-I have had restylane injected there in the past, at $500 a shot-I've only used the Baby 5 times after having completed the full 10 Gentle Waves-but didn't notice my lips until this week-so I'm thinking it must be my baby! Whatever-on Restylane alone I'm ahead of the game financially!
Maria

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Andrea: I did purposely use the BQ around my lips with the intensive 'spot treatment' setting because I was very aware of that problem. But only in accordance with the instructions. I've just checked again with the mirror and they really have improved that much: I really have to purse them to get lines to show on my bottom lip - the upper ones are proving to be more stubborn. Thank you for the 'forties' comment - were you being kind? I'm 52.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
OMG Cesce !!! You made me spit out my wine. I can't believe you're 52!
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I know it's off topic but I can't resist! Cheers, Katee - nice to know that someone else is sitting here with a glass of wine at their elbow! Laughing Thank you so much for the compliment - my best friend is 10 years younger than me so I really do have to do my best - hence my obsession with skincare! So sad, really.... And, actually, I can't believe I'm 52 either - when did that happen? I rather liked 32 - think I'm going to stay there!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I Have got to ask this. I haven't asked AT yet, and yes, I know I should.. But I want to hear what y'all have to say about it..

They say that you shouldn't see any light coming from the Baby when you're doing it, on your skin.. But I do, all the way around the outside of the devise... I have NO self tan on, and my skin is clean and I have used the Witch Hazel to insure this as well.. But I have the red ring of color coming from underneath the head of it, on my skin.. If I understand right, this is a sign of it not absorbing into the skin.. Refracting?? I've got a horendous headache right now and my brain is dead, so I may be using wrong terms here... I hope you can understand what I'm asking/saying..

It's like if you put a flashlight to your hand, or wherever, and it reflects on the outside of it.. Am I making it clearer or as clear as mud? LOL

Oh and yes, I am placing it flat, all the way on my skin.. Well, 'cept for those patrs where it's not possible, like the nose...

Anyway, I'd love to hear what everyone else has to say about this.. THANKS!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Kiki - that happens to me too. I didn't see the thing about there should be no light escaping but I don't see how it's possible: I keep it flat against my skin but some light does escape - just like you describe. I suppose if you pressed harder then less light would escape but the instructions say that you don't need to press and that the weight of the device is enough. ............. I just tried it on: my leg with jeans on - no light escapes: my arm with a shirt on - no light escapes. But on my (fleshy!) tummy, light still escapes even though the head of the device is pretty well bedded in Laughing ! It's like your analogy of the flashlight: skin is translucent so there's bound to be some visible escape of light. I wouldn't worry about it so long as the device is flat against your skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Ditto!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Cesce, Woo Hoo! Razz
you look gorgeous.

You're obviously a good looking woman in your first pic, and in the second, well.... Exclamation

I'm really impressed.

I've been hoping and waiting to see your follow up pic, as it would be concrete info that would deter or encourage me to shell out my £.

I hadnt thought the results would be so good. Your mouth looks lovely.

I'm close to your age, at 47, and I'd love to keep the mouth aging at bay and reverse what's already happening..

And that is from 15 treatments of how long each?

Do you know how long these results would last, say if you went away for two weeks and had no opportunity to do the treatment, would the results be sustained?

I wonder if the treatment frequency levels drop once the desired results are obtained...

Cesce, thankyou for posting, I'm grateful.
You look LOVELY! Smile
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Cesce and Katee.. Thank you! I honestly couldn't see any way the light couldn't like that, but I just wanted to ask.. I wasn't really worried, but then again...LOL

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki wrote:
OK, I Have got to ask this. I haven't asked AT yet, and yes, I know I should.. But I want to hear what y'all have to say about it..

They say that you shouldn't see any light coming from the Baby when you're doing it, on your skin.. But I do, all the way around the outside of the devise... I have NO self tan on, and my skin is clean and I have used the Witch Hazel to insure this as well.. But I have the red ring of color coming from underneath the head of it, on my skin.. If I understand right, this is a sign of it not absorbing into the skin.. Refracting?? I've got a horendous headache right now and my brain is dead, so I may be using wrong terms here... I hope you can understand what I'm asking/saying..

It's like if you put a flashlight to your hand, or wherever, and it reflects on the outside of it.. Am I making it clearer or as clear as mud? LOL

Oh and yes, I am placing it flat, all the way on my skin.. Well, 'cept for those patrs where it's not possible, like the nose...

Anyway, I'd love to hear what everyone else has to say about this.. THANKS!

Lol... you ladies are awesome! The light you are seeing around the head of the unit when flat to your skin is O.K. That is the light dispersing in your tissue when already entering the epidermis.

When we say "have no light escape", we mean that you should try and minimize the head not being completely flat against your skin. Of course, that can be an issue when doing your nose Very Happy And, do not press hard, it isn't necessary.

Make It A Great Day Everyone!
James Bressi
AdvanThera
P: 800.944.1523
C: 610.999.2668
E: jamesbressi@AdvanThera.com
W: http://www.AdvanThera.com
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks James!!! I kinda thought that's what was going on, {as far as that's what was going to happen, not wwhy} but wanted to see if others had the same thing going on...

WOOHOO! I'm doing it right!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Cesce;

No, cesce, I wasn't being kind- you really do look so young in the after photo- I don't know if it's the photo or what but if it isn't- if you really look like that now- I say you look
40 something for sure and quite stringingly pretty.
Funny- you wish for the 30's, I long for my 20's! Laughing
Will you please continue to post photos to show us your progress? I looked for before and after pics on the (baby Q) website and there weren't any! So you're it!
I noticed James posted, here. I fully recommend calling him with any questions- I spoke to him, yesterday and was quite impressed. He's very upbeat and helpful. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Cesce;

No, cesce, I wasn't being kind- you really do look so young in the after photo- I don't know if it's the photo or what but if it isn't- if you really look like that now- I say you look
40 something for sure and quite stringingly pretty.
Funny- you wish for the 30's, I long for my 20's! Laughing
Will you please continue to post photos to show us your progress? I looked for before and after pics on the (baby Q) website and there weren't any! So you're it!
I noticed James posted, here. I fully recommend calling him with any questions- I spoke to him, yesterday and was quite impressed. He's very upbeat and helpful. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Hm. I just learned from a fellow BQ user that hers has a glass housing but I never knew that! Goes to show you indeed learn something new everyday.=P So is mine the odd one out and if so does it matter? I sure hope not...

And Kiki, mine does the exact same thing too so I guess like James just reassured us, it's all good. Thank goodness for that at least!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
fenn wrote:
Hm. I just learned from a fellow BQ user that hers has a glass housing but I never knew that! Goes to show you indeed learn something new everyday.=P So is mine the odd one out and if so does it matter? I sure hope not...

And Kiki, mine does the exact same thing too so I guess like James just reassured us, it's all good. Thank goodness for that at least!

Fenn,

The Baby Quasar never had a glass housing. Your friend has a Quasar SP (the professional model) since it has the glass housing.

Don't worry, you are not the odd one out Wink

Make It A Great Day!
James Bressi
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Fenn, what do you mean by glass housing? If it is what I think it is...mine does not Question

This is not good Mad as we all paid for the "one " item - May be its the Quaser that has the glass housing and not the Baby Quaser...just a thought!??

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Embarassed My mistake absolutely. My friend was talking about the Quasar after all. It just didn't occur to me because the darn thing is like a few gazillion dollars so I just assumed everyone here was just using a BQ like I am. Anyway, thanks James once again for soothing any fears/doubts. Smile

foxy, so so so sorry for the confusion caused!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations, Cesce, on your beautiful results so far! Your results after 15 treatments are similar to what I started seeing after 20+ treatments. I'm not brave enough to post pictures, but I'm sure glad you did. Otherwise, such visible improvements are hard to believe.

The really cool thing is that it's just going to get better, too. I can't wait!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Iwould be happy to spend that money. Besides I spent cream like $300.00/5 mos
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Cesce, I too noticed your lips the most. They seem smoother and plumper Shock . Can that be? Can BQ make your lips look so much better?

Also, I think your under-eye wrinkles seem to be much smoother and . . . gone, I guess Shock Cool .

All in all - great results!!! . I am particularly impressed with the impact on eczema. I don't have eczema but my daughter does. And if I can find anything that would help her get rid of it (and stop using steroid creams) - the price of BQ would be worth it.

Thanks for posting your picks Cesce!

Rubby Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
AJRN
5% products discount

Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Katee, I truly thank you for your response to my question about the hyaluronic serum. Today I did my treatment with the Baby Quasar and OMG I can't tell you what a wonderful skin care appliance it is. I am going to use it as described on pg. 23 and that is how I used it this morning. My one question is when I do the 2nd. pass can I take a break or do I just keep the Quasar on my face and continue the procedure? Thank you so much. Addie
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Just order my BQ. My friends in the lounge said I deserve it. Embarassed I have been reading this thread for a L O N G time. After having IPL when I worked in salon I decided I could not pass this by.

Alex was soooo nice. I am on so many drugs from surgery he probably thought I was a nut case. Wink

Thank you ladies for all the posts. My goal is to firm some. Just noticing slight sagging. I am also just starting some lip lines. As those of you who have been around awhile know my biggest problem is puffies under eyes. Believe it or not since I stopped smoking my eyes look much better. Just want to stay as firm as I can.

I have HA Acid Ampules from Janson Beckett. Hope that will do. I am too out of it to read through all the posts but if you feel I need to put any other product on my combo skin please let me know.

BTW: I still plan to use the Facial Flex on days I don't use the BQ. I told Alex I did facial exercise and he confirmed that I should continue.

Winnie
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've just ordered a Baby Quasar. My question is: can you use it while on the full Obagi regime? I wasn't sure if the Retin-A would trigger a reaction with the light. I'm currently doing a series of Fotofacials ( 1 plain, 3 with levulan), and before those, they have me back off the Retin-A for several days. Any input would be appreciated/
Thanks, Robin
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Robin,
That sounds like a question you should ask directly at AdvanThera-either by email, or by phone-their customer service is the best!
I use Ice Elements with my Baby & am very happy with those results! The ladies on those boards are now posting about the Baby www.iceelements.com
Go to message boards, under beauty issues.
Maria

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Maria,
Thanks for the suggestion. I went ahead and sent an email, and they told me there shouldn't be any problem with the Retin-A.
Robin
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |