Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
moejoe

Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
After reading all the posts on the baby quasar, I couldn't resist ordering one. So far I am liking it, but I am wondering about using it to treat my rosacea. I have been reading so much about red light therapy for rosacea, so lately I have been treating my red areas with the red light only every other day, and also with the green about once a week. A lot of the red light devices suggest using it every day, but I am afraid of overdoing it. So I am wondering if anyone has had success treating rosacea and what they did exactly. Also I am curious about the DPL LED therapy system. Has anyone used this? It it a larger panel and it suggests sitting in front or it for nine minutes twice a day. Any info from anyone would be appreciated.
Moejoe
moejoe

Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
After reading all the posts on the baby quasar, I couldn't resist ordering one. So far I am liking it, but I am wondering about using it to treat my rosacea. I have been reading so much about red light therapy for rosacea, so lately I have been treating my red areas with the red light only every other day, and also with the green about once a week. A lot of the red light devices suggest using it every day, but I am afraid of overdoing it. So I am wondering if anyone has had success treating rosacea and what they did exactly. Also I am curious about the DPL LED therapy system. Has anyone used this? It it a larger panel and it suggests sitting in front or it for nine minutes twice a day. Any info from anyone would be appreciated.
Moejoe
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:07 am      Reply with quote
ohhh Sad I just did a search on 'photonbeauty' and this thread came up... there's no way I can go through the ENTIRE thread (again!)..

does anyone, by any chance,Confused remember what was said about photonbeauty?!

(they make a range of LED devices for skin care)
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
MoeJoe-I think it does help my Rosacea and my hubby. Sorry, I don't know anything about the other device.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi MoeJoe -

I know the device you're referring to. I watched an infomercial about it and read some of the research (although none of it is independent). When I weighed it against the Baby Quasar, my own view was that the BQ was more effective. My dermatologist agree most emphatically. However, I should note that rosacea wasn't my principal concern.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I have rosacea (type 1) and just recently started using the BabyQ again. I had lent it to my SIL for a month or so.

Anyway, it does seem to be helping with redness. I have to be careful to not overdo it. If I use it for 30-45 minutes, I will feel dry, tight, and like I have a windburn or sunburn for the next few days. If I use it for 20-30 minutes...a faster pass through than Alex's recommendations, I seem to be okay. I am keeping the frequency to 1x per week.
moejoe

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
Thanks for your replies. I am thinking maybe I have been using it a little too much. I used just the red light last night for 28 minutes, same as I did four days ago, then two days ago I did twice that much with the red and the green. Last night I do think my face looked a little redder and kinda dry.I was just surprised by that other unit that you use 9 minutes twice a day. That seems like a lot, but I guess normal skin is tougher. So I guess I will cut back to about once a week. I do think it is helping lines and wrinkles, I just don't want to be redder.
Also, for those of you using it for pain, which light are you using? Do you know if you still have to protect your thyroid if you do it on the back of your neck for neck pain?
Moejoe
Virginia
5% products discount

Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I am very interested in how it is working on the broken capillaries. Anyone have any updates on how the BQ is eliminating these? Thanks.
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

I've put together a news site relating to articles I've come across recently regarding Light Therapy. I think many of you will find these articles informative and welcome you to comment or add any information you may come across. http://advanthera.com/community/http

Make It A Great Day,
Alex
AdvanThera
W: AdvanThera.com
E: Alex@AdvanThera.com
P: (800) 944-1523
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Would this help the lines around my mouth? If not does anyone know of anything that does?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Alex! I'll check it out...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
If you do a quick read through the thread Salli, you'll see that several people who use the Baby Quasar have reported that it has greatly diminished lines around the mouth, among other things. Take a look at Cesce's before and after photos for example.

Without knowing your skin type, your age, etc. it's hard to really give you much more in the way of advice....

Welcome to the forum, btw !!!
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks. I have nice dry 53 year old skin... Neutral

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Well, I just love my Baby Quasar! I've been regularly using it on the aggressive schedule but normally every other day or so. Here is an updated comparison picture for those of you who are wondering about how it works on broken capillaries. I wanted to wait until I had something to show before reporting back on this.

You can see from the picture that all of the left-side circles are where I had redness or broken caps (mostly). The right pic has the same areas circled and you can plainly see that the caps are diminishing!!! Check out the inside of my nose on the left pic, those broken caps are mostly gone! I'm also just loving the creamy-tone of my skin now and credit the Baby Q and my CP Serum for this improvement (among other things but these are the two main ones). I have a few red spots at the moment due to aggressive spot treating of scars, which you may notice have also improved A LOT as well as my skin texture. I can't give much credit to the BQ w/improvement here though I believe it helps improve the skin so products are better absorbed, etc.. It is a huge part of my skin care regime and I am SO glad I bought it!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Wow! VERY impressive results!!!
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Lookin' good! Gotta love the Baby Q...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Wonderful results. I find the price on the Baby Q prohibitive; however, I just ordered a Lightstim. FYI, if you call the 800 number and order it they are giving an extra $10 off.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Awesome pics! That is really encouraging. Very Happy Thanks for posting your progress report!
lonevoice
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the updated pics, scalawaggirl. The first thing I noticed was "Wow...now that's a Jan Marini girl!" Laughing

Your BQ results are fabulous. I'm still extremely happy with my progress too. After a brief experiment with the alternate protocol James gave Marie, the hour-long weekly treatments, I decided my results were better using the protocol in the manual, every other day for a half hour. So, I'm back to that now.

I continue to experience big improvements in the eye and mouth area. There are noticeable results in skin texture, color, and tone. The hyperpigmented age spots continue to fade, but still very very gradually. The one area in which I've experienced no improvement at all is broken capillaries. I know others are having good results with the caps, and obviously you are one of them. I hope to see some change for me there someday too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome! I know it's very helpful to have comparison pics so I'm glad to show the improvements. As for the broken cap improvements, I have been diligently working on them and focus thoroughly on them while I'm going through the initial pass as well as afterward. I probably spend a good 4 minutes in total on my problem areas each treatment.

Hope that helps. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Great results Scalawaggirl!

I too am getting good results with the weekly treatments...use it for about 1 to 11/2 hours once a week. The lines on my forehead, and eyes are almost gone Very Happy And the quality of my skin improves by day...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the pictures scalawaggirl. I can see why you are so pleased with the results.

I am a new Baby Q user (twice). After my first treatment my face looked and felt firmer. The next day the results were gone. I did expect that to happen as I know it takes several treatments for real results.

Today I did my hands Shock (as I have Carpel Tunnel). I don't think I know the proper procedure for pain management. If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate your feedback.

What I did notice was my hands looked awesome after one treatment with the BQ. The veins that seem to bulge a bit contracted. I gave myself the treatment this AM and tonight they still look great. This is something I was not treating myself for. Has anyone else treated their hands?
moejoe

Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl,
Wow, Your pictures look great. Did you say you are using it every other day? Do you use all three settings? I'm still trying to figure out how often to use mine.
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl,

is that a little scar on your mid cheek that has gone away? I cant see it in the after picture!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
snowymtn wrote:
scalawaggirl,

is that a little scar on your mid cheek that has gone away? I cant see it in the after picture!

It's almost gone, actually. As a matter of fact, it's one of the ones that was exhibiting "remodeling" (looked bigger/wider while it was going through the rebuilding phase w/CPs/Acids). I'm really pleased by the skin texture changes as well as tone from the BQ.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |