Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Nzgrrl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hear, hear Catski.

Kudos and applause to all the great women (and guys) out there taking time to share their experiences and research on this stuff with the rest of us. It's my fave development out of the internet, the selfless knowledge sharing. And in my experience, beauty fans are the best at it.
naomim
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Nzgrrl

Thanks for replying to my post, it seems like a friendly forum, been on other forums and just been ignored. Love to know how you get on with the BQ, I was telling my Mum about it, she had a face lift a couple of years ago and developed Acne Roscea, don't know if it was brought on by hormones or contamination. Anyway she is interest in buying a BQ too, I read on the BQ company website that it can treat Acne Roscea and teenage too, I'd be wanting it for fresher skin and wrinkles starting round the eyes...
naomim
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
loopilori,

I am sure you're right. I cannot believe the prices on this website, they are amazing...once Christmas is over I am going to try out some Yonka products, I've heard they are very good. Then in the if the forum members are still raving about the BQ I will get one....are there really no side effects at all ? I mean you are blasting your skin with light, maybe I need to read more info on it...
Nzgrrl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

Slightly odd question. I was lying in bed still contemplating purchase of BQ last night, but I live in NZ and if I do get it, will order it for delivery to US to pick up when we travel there soon. But then I started to think about bringing it back with me and wondered if it would be best to put in luggage or carry-on? I know it sounds weird, but with all the security concerns and stuff, I wonder if it will show up on x-rays and I will have trouble explaining it to security people who will no doubt be harassed due to holiday airport traffic. I mean, it is kind of an unusual product, and if I carry it in carryon luggage, would HATE to have it confiscated by someone being overzealous, or to have half of airport customers hating me cos I'm holding up the security line. On the other hand, would hate to pack it in luggage and risk having it pilfered, or confiscated at some point on its journey after it left my anxious hands ... It costs too much to lose it that way ...

Anyway, has anyone travelled with this device or similar and have any tips??
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
The Baby Q comes with a very nice, very padded hard case. I have never tried to travel with it as the longest I have been gone is only about a week since I bought it. I think it would be rather hard to explain though, as it is very James Bondish. Try explaining the dynamics of that device to customs. Laughing Good luck and let us know how it goes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Geez, on a recent trip to Italy they confiscated my toothpaste! They'll probably call out the troops and fire on the BQ!!! Rolling Eyes

Actually, I would just pack it in your luggage. Since it's clearly a personal use item, I don't see any reason to even declare it to the customs guys Wink
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Nzgrrl wrote:
But then I started to think about bringing it back with me and wondered if it would be best to put in luggage or carry-on?

definitely pack it in your luggage. i would not try to carry it on. better safe than sorry. also, when you order it, let them know that you'll be using it in NZ so you get the right adaptor.
Nzgrrl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks all. Yeah, I think you are right. Just fretting in case I was to get home and find one of those notices saying "this case has been opened by airport security" and a big yawning gap where the Baby G had been. How tragic would that be? Crying or Very sad And yep, I will ensure I get all the correct doohickeys to run it at home.

I thought someone had mentioned earlier about getting a husband to carry one home from a trip to the US... Maybe they'll post their experience if that was the case. (Hoping not to hear story of a hapless spouse pulled aside and strip-searched at customs due to suspicousness of man carrying "beauty tool" ...) Embarassed
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've traveled w/it and brought in my carry on no questions asked except, "Wow, are you a makeup artist? You have a lot of stuff" - this comment regarding my dry goods - all of my liquids WERE in my checked luggage! Bad Grin

They didn't blink an eye at the BQ.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Good to hear, thank you! Very Happy
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
After two lost suitcases, neither ever found. They were lost on separate occasions, with Continental and BA. I have decided that when I go back to Scotland in mid January, my BQ is going in my carry on case. I love it too much to lose it!
Nzgrrl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Ricky,

Mmmm, I know. That is what I was thinking about. Please post your experience with carrying it in carryon after you get home. Sounds like you will be carrying it home before I do. Thanks Smile
sharon24

Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi I just got mine today.I decided to order it after reading all the pages on this site.They included an international adapter for it.I haven't used it yet.I was wondering if anybody had anymore experiences to share about it?
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:32 am      Reply with quote
Nzgrrl wrote:

I thought someone had mentioned earlier about getting a husband to carry one home from a trip to the US... Maybe they'll post their experience if that was the case. (Hoping not to hear story of a hapless spouse pulled aside and strip-searched at customs due to suspicousness of man carrying "beauty tool" ...) Embarassed

Hi Nzgrrl, I think that might have been me! Unfortunately I never did test that process out for you, there were too many security scares going on at the time so I had the BQ sent to the UK instead. Hubby always has to bring me lots of goodies back when he goes to the States anyway so I thought best not to add any extra hassle for him Laughing . I haven't travelled with the BQ yet either, to be honest I'd probably leave it at home if I was going away somewhere for just a short trip.
Nzgrrl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Fifi,

Thanks. You are lucky to have such a helpful hubby! I, too, worry about security scares and I guess I'll wait and see how things are before deciding where to pack it. I still haven't ordered it yet but any day now. Smile

Did you get hit up for large customs charges, if you don't mind me asking? We're in different countries, but just wondering ...
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't get any customs charges on the BQ when it came in, which was a minor miracle as my packages seem to get caught more often than not!
hanzawasama
5% products discount

Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
soooo- I was using the Baby Q on my daughter's acne ( works well, btw) when I noticed that the light illuminated her skin from beneith, and I could see the different texture of her freckles. So, I got the bright idea to turn off the lights while I am using it on my face, and look into a mirror to see if it would reveal sun damage... sure enough- it was awful!!! And all those years I thought I was being careful.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hanzawasama,

Ooooh, I know! I had one of those UV camera things done one time and I nearly cried. Now when my daughter balks at putting sunscreen on her face, I say "Look at this. Do you want to end up looking like me?" Sadly, that usually works Smile If it's too late for me, at least I can save her ...

BTW, is your daughter's acne mild, or severe or inbetween, and how has it helped? I'm hoping to justify the cost of Baby Q to my other half by playing up the benefits to the whole family (eg; his carpal tunnel, daughter's eczema and teenage spots once they arrive, not to mention, of course my own needs). Wish me luck! Smile
Nzgrrl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Fifi, thanks for the info. That was probably a good one to avoid the taxman, that little package .... It's like 10% or so taxes over there, I think?
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Closer to 20% usually Sad . I was very glad they missed this one!
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
hanzawasama wrote:
soooo- I was using the Baby Q on my daughter's acne ( works well, btw) when I noticed that the light illuminated her skin from beneith, and I could see the different texture of her freckles. So, I got the bright idea to turn off the lights while I am using it on my face, and look into a mirror to see if it would reveal sun damage... sure enough- it was awful!!! And all those years I thought I was being careful.

On the note of sun, sun damage, and being careful, I have a questions for YOU - ladies of EDS & the Baby Quasar Froum Smile

How many of the Baby Q users out there are using a good sunscreen on a daily basis?

Furthermore, after a call from an EDS member today, it reminded me that I haven't heard from some of you in a while. You all are too busy using your Baby's!

Everyone, email me or call me with updates and other odds & ends when you have a free minute. Please keep in touch.

It would be great to hear from some newbies as well.

Make It A Great Day!
James Bressi
AdvanThera
P: 800.944.1523
C: 610.999.2668
E: jamesbressi@AdvanThera.com
On The Web:www.AdvanThera.com
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Nzgrrl wrote:
I'm hoping to justify the cost of Baby Q to my other half by playing up the benefits to the whole family (eg; his carpal tunnel, daughter's eczema and teenage spots once they arrive, not to mention, of course my own needs). Wish me luck! Smile

if he has carpal tunnel, i don't think you'll need to go much further than letting him use it for a night or two.... i have serious wrist pain from my elbow injury and this has done absolute miracles at relieving the pain there. the only downside is when i'm working on the actual elbow injury and surgical site itself (basically my whole arm, it's very intensive), the other wrist can get a little cranky. but then i use the BQ on *that* wrist and all is well with the world again Very Happy
Nzgrrl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Wow La Vie, that is fantastic news. Glad to hear you've had such relief. You have strenghtened my "case". Very Happy
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Nzgrrl wrote:
Wow La Vie, that is fantastic news. Glad to hear you've had such relief. You have strenghtened my "case". Very Happy

but that also means you'll be fighting him for it every night! Laughing
Nzgrrl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
No doubt. Not to mention my daughter if she gets acne. And heaven forbid that my 5-year-old discovers it. Methinks he would find it's hi-tech space-age appearance intriguing and perhaps decide to explore its ability to double as some sort of Star Wars/Transformer/Yu-Gi-Oh type weapon ... Seriously, I think I'll have to hide it!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |